Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2014, 08:17 PM - 1 Like   #166
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Quite some time ago, I picked up a bunch of lenses and cameras at a garage sale. It was old unclaimed stuff from the lost and found at a local campground. One of the lenses was a JC Penny 28/2.8. It fall foliage season and I threw it in my bag last week and I have been using it occasionally. This was from earlier today in Raquette Lake, NY.

10-07-2014, 10:48 AM   #167
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
Quite some time ago, I picked up a bunch of lenses and cameras at a garage sale. It was old unclaimed stuff from the lost and found at a local campground. One of the lenses was a JC Penny 28/2.8. It fall foliage season and I threw it in my bag last week and I have been using it occasionally. This was from earlier today in Raquette Lake, NY.
very nice!

Tis the season - a storefront on Main Street where I live. The place always goes overboard with holiday decorations M28/3.5 (xposted)
10-07-2014, 04:03 PM   #168
Pentaxian

Very nice shot, Paul. I have a Tak 28/3.5 which is probably similar which I use often. It's a great lens. I decided to try the JCP for a couple of reasons. One, because I had never really used it other than a couple of shots when I first got it to see if it worked and didn't have issues and reason two, I didn't want to deal with the M42 adapter since I was traveling by motorcycle and I didn't want to haul around a full bag. I brought the 28 and two Limiteds. This week, I plan to play with a Kalimar 25/2.8 which has also been sitting around collecting dust.
10-17-2014, 09:25 PM   #169
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
Very nice shot, Paul. I have a Tak 28/3.5 which is probably similar which I use often. It's a great lens. I decided to try the JCP for a couple of reasons. One, because I had never really used it other than a couple of shots when I first got it to see if it worked and didn't have issues and reason two, I didn't want to deal with the M42 adapter since I was traveling by motorcycle and I didn't want to haul around a full bag. I brought the 28 and two Limiteds. This week, I plan to play with a Kalimar 25/2.8 which has also been sitting around collecting dust.
Thanks reef - I've found that I really enjoy the 28mm FL more & more these days. I'd be interested in seeing your shots with the Kalimar 25. Another with the M28/3.5, taken in August (xposted):

10-17-2014, 11:38 PM - 1 Like   #170

Photos: Gallery
Minolta 28 f2
wide open

and f 8or 5.6
10-19-2014, 11:11 AM   #171
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Thanks reef - I've found that I really enjoy the 28mm FL more & more these days. I'd be interested in seeing your shots with the Kalimar 25. Another with the M28/3.5, taken in August (xposted):
As requested.
Yesterday was raining pretty hard but finally let up in the afternoon and I got out with the 25. I think the IQ is better with both my Takumar and JC Penny 28's but it isn't bad either. I need to use it a bit more I think. I just posted some shots in the Photo of the Week thread I took with the Kalimar 25. They were all shot at f/8.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/129-weekly-photo-challenges/276015-pictur...ct-2014-a.html
10-20-2014, 10:54 AM   #172
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CPC 28mm, f:2.8 lens.

So, the mailman delivered a very clean (can you say"pristine"?) copy of a CPC 28mm, f:2.8 macro lens today. I have yet to give it a go, but was wondering if any of you 28mm affectionados can shed any light on this lens and share any personal experience with it's use.

Thanks for any information you may be able to provide.

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA

10-20-2014, 11:33 AM   #173
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
So, the mailman delivered a very clean (can you say"pristine"?) copy of a CPC 28mm, f:2.8 macro lens today. I have yet to give it a go, but was wondering if any of you 28mm affectionados can shed any light on this lens and share any personal experience with it's use.

Thanks for any information you may be able to provide.

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA
I have this lens, but haven't used it in awhile. Stopped down, it produces sharp images & nice "Pentax-like" colors. Wide-open, my copy is pretty soft and fuzzy. Being a macro lens, the focus throw is pretty long, which makes it a bit awkward for quick shots, street shooting, etc. But for landscapes in good light, it's pretty decent. Mine has the A-setting which is convenient. I need to take it out again when we start getting some Fall color around here. Here's an example at f/8 previously posted here, taken with an *ist D:
10-20-2014, 12:07 PM   #174
Pentaxian

I love that pic, PaulH.

Here's some with the Rikenon XR 28mm f/2.8 (xposted with the Rikenon Club).

10-20-2014, 12:56 PM   #175

Here's a couple with a MC Cosmicar 28/2.8. Not too shabby. What do you think? The EXIF will show 30mm as the focal length. That's my way of remembering that this lens was used as I have other lens with 28..
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 

Last edited by royden; 11-03-2014 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Spelling
11-02-2014, 09:57 AM   #176
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One from midsummer with the M28/3.5 (xposted):
11-02-2014, 04:21 PM   #177
Veteran Member

M 28mm at a botanical park. Big tree.

entwined
11-02-2014, 04:33 PM   #178
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by royden Quote
Here's a couple with a MC Cosmicar 28/2.8. Not too shappy. What do you think? The EXIF will show 30mm as the focal length. That's my way of remembering that this lens was used as I have other lens with 28..

Very nice color saturation. I like the bokeh in the first one. I see you have a Tamron 28-200mm lens. How do you like it? I also have one and it is my favorite among 40-something lenses. Mine is the macro version.... actually more of a close-focus than a true macro, but still, a very nice lens. One of those unexpected yard sale finds.... a ZX-60 film camera with the Tamron lens, in a camera bag, for $15.00! Even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while!

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA
11-03-2014, 05:18 PM   #179

28-200 Tammy LD model 371D

QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
Very nice color saturation. I like the bokeh in the first one. I see you have a Tamron 28-200mm lens. How do you like it? I also have one and it is my favorite among 40-something lenses. Mine is the macro version.... actually more of a close-focus than a true macro, but still, a very nice lens. One of those unexpected yard sale finds.... a ZX-60 film camera with the Tamron lens, in a camera bag, for $15.00! Even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while!

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA
Thanks Dewman. I like heavy saturation which I bumped up in Fastsone on the first pic. I like the Tamron a lot, haven't used it much lately. It does say Macro. I plan to visit Viscaya here in Miami and will take it with me and post a few in the Tammy Club(which I have never visited). Is yours a model 371D? Bought it on EB over a year ago for $56.00, I'll PM you when I post in the Tammy Club. BTW, that was a great buy.
11-03-2014, 05:49 PM - 2 Likes   #180
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by royden Quote
Thanks Dewman. I like heavy saturation which I bumped up in Fastsone on the first pic. I like the Tamron a lot, haven't used it much lately. It does say Macro. I plan to visit Viscaya here in Miami and will take it with me and post a few in the Tammy Club(which I have never visited). Is yours a model 371D? Bought it on EB over a year ago for $56.00, I'll PM you when I post in the Tammy Club. BTW, that was a great buy.

I'm like you.... I like quite a bit of saturation and contrast as long as the contrast doesn't begin to diminish the details, especially in flower petals. Mine 28-200mm lens is the silver version, and it says "A03S" on the side, but other than that, it makes no mention as to the model. Yes, be sure and post more photos from your trip to Viscaya (whatever that is). I'd like to see them. And yep.... I really scored at the yard sale. It was my first Tamron lens, but not my last! I'm sold on them.... as well as the Series 1 Vivitar lenses. If you haven't tried the macro feature on the Tamron, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Here's one I took with it earlier in the year. It displays some very nice bokeh.

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA

Last edited by Dewman; 03-25-2015 at 04:35 PM.