Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 33 Likes Search this Thread
01-23-2012, 01:15 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Schneider-Kreuznach 360mm F5.5 (m42 18 blades)

You can count the blades:

Here is a pic:

The Kreuznach lens is the long one at the back - the lens on the bellows is an Isco Gottingen Tele-Westanar 135 f3.5 pre-set with 16 blades and examples of images are here:

(The other lens is a Zeiss Tessar 50mm and not a preset)

Last edited by Arjay Bee; 01-23-2012 at 01:20 AM.
01-23-2012, 07:26 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
This is a great idea CJ. Excellent shots guys.

Sorry I have no images other then a few test shots out the window which I'll spare you from veiwing. Hey, it's been about -30ish C without wind chill.

This evening I acquired a Tele Tak 200mm f/5.6 to keep the 200mm f/3 company
Hope you like them! It's quickly becoming and addition for me Sounds like you may be getting the bug as well. How can you NOT buy these lenses when they give such great images, build quality is superb and the cost is as much as a decent dinner?
01-23-2012, 07:30 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
Andrew you are to modest, these are great images, you make that lens sing.
1 - tack sharp
2 - spectacular
3 - some fringing on the geese necks
4 - cool and spectacular, love the expression.

I scored a preset 135mm /f3.5 (black and silver)
Thanks riff! I can't wait to really put this lens through the paces though. I really want to get it out in the mountains and up close to some deer, elk, bighorns and hopefully coyotes.

Great score on the 135, I'm looking at a couple at the moment too. What does this make you, 3 presets in as many weeks?
01-23-2012, 07:34 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
Colorado CJ!!! What Absolutely AMAZING pictures you've got there! Adorable chipmunk! Beautiful birds!!! That super cool deer! Such detail, sharpness and clarity!!! i WANT!!!

Quick! Someone get me a 200mm Takkie STAT!!

Here are a few from some of my presets:

Jupiter 37a 135 3.5 with 12 blades

----

Soligor 180mm 3.5 with 15 blades

All mainly taken on the k100d.

Phew! That's enough from me now! click on images for exif data
Thanks a lot WolfieGirl! Those images of yours are none too shabby either . I like the Takumars, but I'm going to have to seriously consider that Jupiter 37a.

01-23-2012, 07:37 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
Schneider-Kreuznach 360mm F5.5 (m42 18 blades)
You can count the blades

Here is a pic:

The Kreuznach lens is the long one at the back - the lens on the bellows is an Isco Gottingen Tele-Westanar 135 f3.5 pre-set with 16 blades and examples of images are here:

(The other lens is a Zeiss Tessar 50mm and not a preset)
Some more great images with what looks like some great lenses. I might need to look for that 360mm lens! Thanks again for posting.

Well, this thread is taking off faster than I thought. Looks like there are others out there that love Presets as well. It may have been a mistake making this thread. I'm not sure my wallet is going to be very happy with me for the considerable future.
01-23-2012, 07:41 AM   #21
Veteran Member

The preset Macro Takumar 50mm f/4 is an excellent lens, though it doesn't have the gazillion blades the presets often have.

Used for its intended purpose:

f/8 bokeh:

And, also as intended, with film:

01-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

definitely not the flat earth society

i think this thread deserves honorable mention here

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/87425-definite...h-society.html

along with the following that seemed to have infected a lot of people with PLD (preset lens disease)

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/lens-sample-photo-archive/168414-takumar-...t-samples.html

it took a while but at least there is a round aperture lens club regardless of what it is called

01-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Colorado CJ Quote
Thanks a lot WolfieGirl! Those images of yours are none too shabby either . I like the Takumars, but I'm going to have to seriously consider that Jupiter 37a.
Thanks CCJ Oh the Jupiter 37a is lovely. I'm really happy with it. Actually I haven't given it as good a run as I should. All these other lenses keep on crowding in to play. Might have to give the Jup some love in the next few weeks.
01-23-2012, 04:20 PM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
at least there is a round aperture lens club
Hi Lowell- a bit of deja vu here but as you say if this branch of lens ownership can get the attention then so much the better - kudos for you for starting the other thread awhile back!!
01-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
Hi Lowell- a bit of deja vu here but as you say if this branch of lens ownership can get the attention then so much the better - kudos for you for starting the other thread awhile back!!
so long as it is now a club it won't fall off the edge of the forum

I am glad however after all the trying theat there is a forum for presets.

I have 4, the 200/3.5 tak which was the seed for the current thread, a 135/2.8 tele-lentar, a 105/2.8 vernon-edonar (don't really know even who made the lens for Mt Vernon Photo) and a 135mm F4.5 enlarger lens in my bellows. I need to use all but the 200more, it gets its share of work
01-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #26
Veteran Member

The not the flat earth society was / is a great thread!

I'm about to complete my survey of Pentax compatible presets: the Tele-Takumar 200/5.6
I don't use it much as I find 135mm and longer non-copacetic with my nervous system

01-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here's one more from today with the Tele-Takumar 300mm F6.3 Preset. It is ust an American Robin out in front of my shop. This photo was taken at 1600 ISO since it was late in the day and the skies were overcast/snowy. I still can't get over the low noise with this Kx at those ISO settings! (the upper right corner is an out of focus fence rail)

01-25-2012, 04:10 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Nesster, you've got a lovely set of pictures there! I really like the second one and the last one of the chipmunk. sooo cute!
01-25-2012, 05:17 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some more great images with what looks like some great lenses. I might need to look for that 360mm lens! Thanks again for posting.

Well, this thread is taking off faster than I thought. Looks like there are others out there that love Presets as well. It may have been a mistake making this thread. I'm not sure my wallet is going to be very happy with me for the considerable future.
Just blame it all on me for starting the 200/3.5 thread
01-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Consider that a preset is easier and quicker to use on a DSLR than an automatic M42 lens, and that the price/performance ratios are / have been so excellent... it is no wonder.

thank you Wolfiegirl