Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2014, 08:34 AM - 1 Like   #361
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some shots taken lately with my Goldilocks (not too long... not too short... just right!) DA 35 2.4 AL. All taken with K20D and PP done in Corel Aftershot Pro.

I took this one for the "Lights" weekly challenge, this morning in Roswell, GA.

This one was taken in our garden last week, as the roses started to bloom. Now the entire bushes are just covered, which means I'll have to get out this weekend and take more pictures! Aperture is f/5 so I could get most of the flower in focus.

Now this one was taken the same day as the rose, as we just added some flowers to our mailbox bed. This was taken at f/2.4 (wide open!) and while some sharpening was added in PP, when I look at the original and do pixel peeping, I'm amazed at how sharp this fantastic lens is wide open! No complains from me!!

Now for something different... this is my wife's pudding. Doesn't it make you salivate just from looking at it? It's the best, I promise you, and it's all gone now! I'm just amazed at how well this lens handles all sorts of light situations and renders beautifully in pretty much every condition. This is also wide open.

05-01-2014, 09:38 AM   #362
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Some shots taken lately with my Goldilocks (not too long... not too short... just right!) DA 35 2.4 AL. All taken with K20D and PP done in Corel Aftershot Pro.

I took this one for the "Lights" weekly challenge, this morning in Roswell, GA.

This one was taken in our garden last week, as the roses started to bloom. Now the entire bushes are just covered, which means I'll have to get out this weekend and take more pictures! Aperture is f/5 so I could get most of the flower in focus.

Now this one was taken the same day as the rose, as we just added some flowers to our mailbox bed. This was taken at f/2.4 (wide open!) and while some sharpening was added in PP, when I look at the original and do pixel peeping, I'm amazed at how sharp this fantastic lens is wide open! No complains from me!!

Now for something different... this is my wife's pudding. Doesn't it make you salivate just from looking at it? It's the best, I promise you, and it's all gone now! I'm just amazed at how well this lens handles all sorts of light situations and renders beautifully in pretty much every condition. This is also wide open.

CR, these are really indicative of the range available from this 35mm. Amazing color and bokeh, not to mention sharpness. This little guy has it all. What a tremendous bargain. This has become
my favorite thread. It's such a treat seeing how much this lens can do and with such ease! Freddy
05-01-2014, 10:13 AM   #363
Pentaxian

Thanks Freddy. I love posting and reading in this thread as well. The little 35 always amazes me, maybe I just have a good copy. But it makes me look like a better photog than I actually am and that's priceless

Couple more Plastastic shots. Bottom one was cropped but still very sharp! Cross posted to my thread comparing it to an A 70-210mm shot of the same flower.

Last edited by ChristianRock; 05-01-2014 at 02:42 PM.
05-07-2014, 03:18 AM   #364
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
What lens hoods is everyone using for the 35 f2.4? From eBay or where? Thanks

05-07-2014, 04:20 AM   #365
Pentaxian

For about 8 bucks I bought the rainbow imaging HM49 49mm metal lens hood. From Amazon. Screws onto the lens perfectly. You can even screw on a 58mm hoya UV filter on the outside. Gives me great protection for my little gem of a 35.
Freddy
05-07-2014, 06:43 AM   #366
Pentaxian

I'm not using a hood at all. It doesn't need one (I would use one if I used filters - in one test I did with a CPL it flared like crazy).
05-07-2014, 07:44 AM   #367
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fevbusch Quote
For about 8 bucks I bought the rainbow imaging HM49 49mm metal lens hood. From Amazon. Screws onto the lens perfectly. You can even screw on a 58mm hoya UV filter on the outside. Gives me great protection for my little gem of a 35.
Freddy
+1 for the HM49. Fits perfectly. Though, the flare resistance is so good I rarely even use a hood.

05-20-2014, 08:46 AM   #368
Veteran Member

Seldom use this lens, finally took it along for mmy trip to Taiwan...
Taken together with K3

Shifen Railway Station

Danshui Lao Jie

05-20-2014, 09:11 AM   #369
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ranchy Quote
Seldom use this lens, finally took it along for mmy trip to Taiwan...
Taken together with K3

Shifen Railway Station

Danshui Lao Jie

That's what I'm talkin' about, Ranchy. The 35 plastic has amazing sharpness, color and crispness of detail and easy to use, too. really a pro quality lens in IMHO. Freddy
05-20-2014, 11:46 AM   #370
Veteran Member

I recently did some tests with the DA 35mm f2.4 with wide open aperture and around nearest possible focus. Performed quite well:

big mosquito

Last edited by Na Horuk; 05-20-2014 at 11:51 AM.
05-20-2014, 01:48 PM   #371
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
I recently did some tests with the DA 35mm f2.4 with wide open aperture and around nearest possible focus. Performed quite well:

big mosquito
I agree with you there, Na. Great sharpness with bokeh to boot. If the foreground had darker coloring. it would have helped the shot, but we take what opportunities we have. Very sucessful shot. Not surprising from that remarkable lens. Freddy
05-20-2014, 11:06 PM   #372
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fevbusch Quote
That's what I'm talkin' about, Ranchy. The 35 plastic has amazing sharpness, color and crispness of detail and easy to use, too. really a pro quality lens in IMHO. Freddy
Yup.. it's a great lens and at a good price.

Just that i need to use it more..
05-26-2014, 05:36 PM   #373
Pentaxian

She was up and on her bike shortly after the fall....

05-26-2014, 06:25 PM   #374
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
She was up and on her bike shortly after the fall....

Killer shot, driline. Glad the woman wasn't injured. Great action snap. Freddy
05-27-2014, 09:38 AM - 1 Like   #375

Got this lens a couple weeks ago. Haven't spent much time with it but the results are good so far. The only post work on this photo is a crop.

PS - I'd love some feedback/criticism. I hope to start posting more photos.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 

Last edited by Bunch; 05-27-2014 at 10:15 AM.