Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1162 Likes Search this Thread
06-11-2016, 02:04 AM   #271
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rich M Quote
My guess is ALL the ZK's perform very well

I just wish I had invested (years ago) in more of the three that I have.
A NatGeo tog once told me, Leica and Zeiss make the finest lenses.

When you consider the price/quality of Zeiss, they're actually a bargain.

06-11-2016, 02:19 AM   #272
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My guess is ALL the ZK's perform very well

I just wish I had invested (years ago) in more of the three that I have.
I think we all have that wish, given some of the prices they fetch now, and how difficult it is becoming to find some of them...
06-11-2016, 02:24 AM   #273
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
I think we all have that wish, given some of the prices they fetch now, and how difficult it is becoming to find some of them...
Fear not. Leitax conversion cometh!
06-11-2016, 02:31 AM   #274
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by HopelessTogger Quote
I am looking forward to hearing how that goes. If it works well, I will probably look at converting the 21/2.8 and the 135/2 myself

06-11-2016, 02:41 AM   #275
Veteran Member

I am looking forward to hearing how that goes. If it works well, I will probably look at converting the 21/2.8 and the 135/2 myself
I'm definitely up for the 2/135 APO.
06-11-2016, 02:47 AM   #276
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Is it sort of a package, that you can order and do it yourself? Or do you have to send the lens in, and have it returned with k-mount?
I would have the 21/2.8 converted, it was impossible to find one second hand before, now that the K1 is here it is as likely to find one as it is that the earth stops turning and moves backwards to try and fool the K1 astrotracer...

Chris
06-11-2016, 03:13 AM   #277
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote
Is it sort of a package, that you can order and do it yourself? Or do you have to send the lens in, and have it returned with k-mount?
I would have the 21/2.8 converted, it was impossible to find one second hand before, now that the K1 is here it is as likely to find one as it is that the earth stops turning and moves backwards to try and fool the K1 astrotracer...

Chris
Not sure. David told me he's working on it. Lloyd Chambers said he has a conversion kit from Leitax already (prototype I guess) and he's going to converted his non-Milvus to K-mount. So I guess it's a kit. However, David did say the 2/135 APO needs additional machining of the lens barrel, so I can only deduce that it's a lens specific case-by-case basis.

06-11-2016, 03:59 AM - 1 Like   #278
Pentaxian

Not sure. David told me he's working on it. Lloyd Chambers said he has a conversion kit from Leitax already (prototype I guess) and he's going to converted his non-Milvus to K-mount. So I guess it's a kit. However, David did say the 2/135 APO needs additional machining of the lens barrel, so I can only deduce that it's a lens specific case-by-case basis.
Thanks, I'll keep an eye open then..

Chris
06-11-2016, 11:29 AM   #279
Site Supporter

Definitely the 21/2.8 for me........I had in in the ZE mount (back when I shot Canon) and it rocked......PLUS have you seen the photos Tas is shooting......GORGEOUS!!!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/25114742@N07/27480727502/
06-11-2016, 01:40 PM   #280
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Definitely the 21/2.8 for me........I had in in the ZE mount (back when I shot Canon) and it rocked......PLUS have you seen the photos Tas is shooting......GORGEOUS!!!!
I have seen those images, but it was good to look again - stunning Tas. Thanks. The 21/2.8 is definitely an extremely good lens.

The plan is K-1, pixel shift, 21/2.8.....something for me to look forward to
06-11-2016, 01:46 PM   #281
Veteran Member

I have seen those images, but it was good to look again - stunning Tas. Thanks. The 21/2.8 is definitely an extremely good lens.

The plan is K-1, pixel shift, 21/2.8.....something for me to look forward to
Apart from the 2.8/25, 2/28, 2/35 and 1.4/85 I can't find any of the others for love nor money.
06-11-2016, 01:56 PM   #282
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Apart from the 2.8/25, 2/28, 2/35 and 1.4/85 I can't find any of the others for love nor money.
That is about right. I have been watching and tracking prices for about 3 years. 50/1.4's come up for sale about twice a year - the last one a week ago went for silly money. 50 Makro about once a year, 100 Makro about once every 2 years, and I have yet to see a 21/2.8 for sale. The 135/2 wasn't ever made in K mount, so the Leitax conversion will be very welcome.

Personally I have chosen the Voigtlander 58/1.4 over the Zeiss 50/1.4 and the Voigtlander 90/3.5 APO over the Zeiss 85/1.4 - but that is more for what I want to use them for - predominantly landscape photography. The Voigtlanders are still a bit more available than the Zeiss lenses, and cost a little bit less too. They were made in the same factory, and work the same as the Zeiss lenses - that is 'A' with transfer of some EXIF data.
06-11-2016, 02:04 PM   #283
Veteran Member

That is about right. I have been watching and tracking prices for about 3 years. 50/1.4's come up for sale about twice a year - the last one a week ago went for silly money. 50 Makro about once a year, 100 Makro about once every 2 years, and I have yet to see a 21/2.8 for sale. The 135/2 wasn't ever made in K mount, so the Leitax conversion will be very welcome.

Personally I have chosen the Voigtlander 58/1.4 over the Zeiss 50/1.4 and the Voigtlander 90/3.5 APO over the Zeiss 85/1.4 - but that is more for what I want to use them for - predominantly landscape photography. The Voigtlanders are still a bit more available than the Zeiss lenses, and cost a little bit less too. They were made in the same factory, and work the same as the Zeiss lenses - that is 'A' with transfer of some EXIF data.
The 2/135 APO in Leitax conversion will be my last lens for at least ten years (this is official).

Got so much gear now, a lot of it's going to the kids.

The next toy is is either a Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin or a Triumph Bonneville T120. Probably the latter.
06-11-2016, 02:13 PM   #284
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Leica & Pentax & Nikon | Leitax

Ross and Togger,
You are hopefully familiar with this link/info on Leitax. It looks like you can order a kit and DIY. I'm looking at some of the Zeiss Contax lenses (135 and 50). I have a note into the Leitax folks....I had not seen any reference to them that was less than four years old.

Have either of you actually converted a Zeiss to a K mount, and how'd it go?
Thanks,
Michael

PS. Remember you Ross. Hope you are well..
06-11-2016, 02:19 PM   #285
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mwilky55 Quote
Leica & Pentax & Nikon | Leitax

Ross and Togger,
You are hopefully familiar with this link/info on Leitax. It looks like you can order a kit and DIY. I'm looking at some of the Zeiss Contax lenses (135 and 50). I have a note into the Leitax folks....I had not seen any reference to them that was less than four years old.

Have either of you actually converted a Zeiss to a K mount, and how'd it go?
Thanks,
Michael

PS. Remember you Ross. Hope you are well..
It's a special David's working on we're waiting for. Especially the legendary 2/135 APO, needs a bit more work than just a conversion mount.