Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1162 Likes Search this Thread
09-28-2016, 09:03 PM   #451

Photos: Albums
Not sure which group to ask, but how do I identify the lens mount on a new-to-me Zeiss 50mm 1.7?
Please redirect me as needed.
Thanks,
Ken

09-29-2016, 03:31 AM   #452
Veteran Member

It is probably C/Y mount lens.
09-29-2016, 06:04 AM   #453
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kenhreed Quote
Not sure which group to ask, but how do I identify the lens mount on a new-to-me Zeiss 50mm 1.7?
Please redirect me as needed.
Thanks,
Ken
Try adding a couple of photos of the lens and the lens mount in a post.
09-29-2016, 03:07 PM   #454

Mystery lens mount

Hope this is helpful.
Thanks,
Ken

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPod touch  Photo 
09-29-2016, 03:09 PM   #455

Hope this is helpful.
Thanks,
Ken
And one more
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPod touch  Photo 
09-29-2016, 05:10 PM   #456
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
Zeiss 28/2 Leitax, cross-post from Photo-section.
Wow.. nicely done!
09-29-2016, 07:57 PM   #457

QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
Try adding a couple of photos of the lens and the lens mount in a post.
Here are two pix of the unknown to me mount.

09-30-2016, 03:27 PM   #458
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here are two pix of the unknown to me mount.
Hi Ken,

I should have elaborated more on posting the lens photos, my apologies.

I'm not the expert in this and if after a day you've not received any replies here it's a query not getting noticed by the right forum members. Can I suggest you follow this link Pentax SLR Lens Discussion - PentaxForums.com and click on 'New Thread' and ask the question and include the photos there. This should get the most attention and people who are likely to be able to assist have a better chance of seeing your question.

Again, sorry for not being able to assist myself.

Tas
10-01-2016, 07:13 PM   #459

QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
Zeiss 28/2 Leitax, cross-post from Photo-section.
Gorgeous
10-02-2016, 11:39 AM   #460
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ranchy Quote
2 more with Zeiss 28

since i saw your posts with the 'hollywood', i have been on a mission to find this lens in native pk mount. wow, i just scored one last night by virtue of a happy google 'accident! it will be shipped monday and i should be shooting with it before the week is through. i honestly cannot wait. with the WR 20-40 ltd, the 77 fa ltd and the zeiss biometar 120/2.8, i am d-o-n-e!
10-02-2016, 11:44 AM   #461
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rbelyell Quote
since i saw your posts i have been on a mission to find this lens in native pk mount. wow, i just scored one last night by virtue of a happy google 'accident! it will be shipped monday and i should be shooting with it before the week is through. i honestly cannot wait. with the WR 20-40 ltd, the 77 fa ltd and the zeiss biometar 120/2.8, i am d-o-n-e!
You made an excellent choice.

If possible, try your new Zeiss 28/2 on a K1 in pixel shift mode. Your images will look incredibly sharp, AND the richness of the colors will blow you away!!! It makes the colors produced by the Sigma 35mm Art lens look absolutely "washed out" in comparision...
10-02-2016, 11:51 AM   #462
Forum Member

thank you! i have wanted the hollywood since my film days, but even in those halcyon younger days the contax version was just too big for me to lug around. this one is much more manageable!

unfortunately, while i know the merits of FF, i am kinda committed to my lowly KS2 apsc for the foreeable future. i,m hoping this particular lens has a strong enough signature to show itself on crop.
10-02-2016, 01:16 PM   #463
Pentaxian

thank you! i have wanted the hollywood since my film days, but even in those halcyon younger days the contax version was just too big for me to lug around. this one is much more manageable!

unfortunately, while i know the merits of FF, i am kinda committed to my lowly KS2 apsc for the foreeable future. i,m hoping this particular lens has a strong enough signature to show itself on crop.
I used this lens on the K3ii and K5IIs cameras that I had. Frankly, I never was very impressed with it's performance on those crop sensor cameras.

When I got the K1, I found that the Zeiss 28/2 lens made a huge increase in IQ, especially in the Pixel Shift mode.

I've got a few Zeiss lenses that I use on my K1, so far, the Zeiss 28//2 is my personal favorite on my K1 in PS mode.
10-02-2016, 10:08 PM   #464
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
since i saw your posts with the 'hollywood', i have been on a mission to find this lens in native pk mount. wow, i just scored one last night by virtue of a happy google 'accident! it will be shipped monday and i should be shooting with it before the week is through. i honestly cannot wait. with the WR 20-40 ltd, the 77 fa ltd and the zeiss biometar 120/2.8, i am d-o-n-e!
Congrats on your purchase !!!! It will fit in well nicely to your collection.

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
I used this lens on the K3ii and K5IIs cameras that I had. Frankly, I never was very impressed with it's performance on those crop sensor cameras.

When I got the K1, I found that the Zeiss 28/2 lens made a huge increase in IQ, especially in the Pixel Shift mode.

I've got a few Zeiss lenses that I use on my K1, so far, the Zeiss 28//2 is my personal favorite on my K1 in PS mode.
I do agree with Fenwoodian, the feel on the K1 will be entirely different. Not only the Zeiss but the FA77 too..
10-03-2016, 05:49 AM   #465
Forum Member

thank you!

yes, ive no doubt FF is ideal to understand the total lens character. however, i was just going over some 77 pictures with another person, and honestly, they were very special, with a rendering unique among portrait lenses ive used. even on apsc, one can easily see the qualities that vault the 77 over 90% of its competitors. i believe i will see the same with the hollywood--and thats all i can ask for!