Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1162 Likes Search this Thread
07-22-2016, 10:27 AM   #361
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have already taken my Zeiss ZF 100mm f/2 Macro lens apart. Below are two photos.

The first shows that this lens has a long piece of metal that is attached to the underside of the aperture ring. None of the other Zeiss ZF lenses that I have Leitax modified had this.

The second photo shows the little receiver that this long piece of metal must fit into when re-assembling this lens. If you forget to put this long piece of metal back into this special slot, your aperture will not work properly.

Last edited by Fenwoodian; 11-14-2016 at 08:49 PM.
07-22-2016, 12:41 PM   #362
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by HopelessTogger Quote
My little river reconstruction nearing completion. Been tossing it off for three years on this glorious project.
Project is looking good
07-22-2016, 12:58 PM   #363
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
Project is looking good
It's comin' on, Ross. We got the rest of the site to do and should be wrapped up by Christmas. Then I'm heading home to Thailand for six months.
07-24-2016, 06:56 PM   #364
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Zeiss 28

07-25-2016, 04:32 PM   #365
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ranchy Quote
Zeiss 28

Lovely shots! Glad to see some from the 28, it feels under-represented here and it's definitely been way too long since i got mine out.
07-25-2016, 10:28 PM - 3 Likes   #366
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hastings Point

A small seaside town south of the border in NSW has some excellent rock formations and wonderful clear skies for astro.

Distagon T* 21/2.8 ZK

Follow the link to Flickr for a larger view.

Oh, and in hindsight I wished I'd taken a pano of the scene as I feel this seems cramped and I have a desire to see the left of the rockpool and further to the right. Guess I'll have to go back and get it right.

Tas
07-26-2016, 09:54 PM   #367
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
Lovely shots! Glad to see some from the 28, it feels under-represented here and it's definitely been way too long since i got mine out.
Thanks.

Time to bring out your 28 for more phototaking.

07-26-2016, 10:05 PM   #368
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ranchy Quote
Thanks.

Time to bring out your 28 for more phototaking.
Alright ranchy, you're walking a fine line posting in both the Zeiss and Voigtlander threads with pictures from the same shoot. A fine line of Cosina assembled lenses that is...

How do you feel that the color skopar held up to your Zeiss? I've gone back and forth on that lens for a while. Your results look great in both sets. Well done!
07-31-2016, 04:55 AM   #369
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
Alright ranchy, you're walking a fine line posting in both the Zeiss and Voigtlander threads with pictures from the same shoot. A fine line of Cosina assembled lenses that is...

How do you feel that the color skopar held up to your Zeiss? I've gone back and forth on that lens for a while. Your results look great in both sets. Well done!
hmm.. tough one.. CV lends to have its own style i felt. Hard for me to really describe the differences.
hee..
07-31-2016, 05:02 AM   #370
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
A small seaside town south of the border in NSW has some excellent rock formations and wonderful clear skies for astro.

Distagon T* 21/2.8 ZK

Oh, and in hindsight I wished I'd taken a pano of the scene as I feel this seems cramped and I have a desire to see the left of the rockpool and further to the right. Guess I'll have to go back and get it right.

Tas
I like this image very much - really nice! And I'd like to have this lens too. 😉
08-01-2016, 07:00 PM   #371
Forum Member

Beautiful Shot

QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote

Distagon T* 21/2.8 ZK

Tas
I love this shot. I like your composition!! Incredibly sharp. I just joined the club and purchased a Distagon T* 35. I guess with the right skill set all the Ziess Distagon lenses look as sharp? I can't wait until it arrives!!!
08-01-2016, 10:23 PM   #372
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote
like this image very much - really nice! And I'd like to have this lens too.
Thanks for the positive feedback. There's limited scope to pick up the 21/2.8 ZK, but with the Leitax adaptor to convert ZF/ZF2 to ZK this no longer matters. I hope you pick one up soon.

QuoteOriginally posted by JimBrennan Quote
I love this shot. I like your composition!! Incredibly sharp. I just joined the club and purchased a Distagon T* 35. I guess with the right skill set all the Ziess Distagon lenses look as sharp? I can't wait until it arrives!!!
Cheers Jim, I think you'll find your 2/35 is just as sharp. These Zeiss lenses are something special.
08-06-2016, 09:27 AM   #373
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Planar 1/7 50 T*

Recently did a Leitax conversion....while I'm not sure how well I did it, the lens works pretty well. I really like how it handles color. Also recently got a very good deal on 35 ZK.....what a beautifully made lens. Will post pics from that in the near future.
08-07-2016, 12:33 AM   #374
Unregistered User

So I managed to pick up the 50+100 Makro Planars! I've yet to really to much with them, other than a brief play. They blow my mind!

Here's a quick shot from the 50mm
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
08-07-2016, 01:01 AM   #375
Unregistered User

here is a quick sample I also took with the 100mm

---------- Post added 08-07-16 at 04:03 PM ----------

oh, shot this with a polariser filter also...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo