Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2017, 11:21 PM   #736

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Some people say that the 35mm is sharp and razor (I confirm because I have this one), and that the 28mm is more "atmospheric" ...

05-13-2017, 06:39 AM   #737
Pentaxian

I have owned multiple copies of the Zeiss 35/2 and 28/2 lenses. Shot them for years on my Nikon cameras, and after that on my Pentax K5 and K3 and K3II.

Hard to put into words, but I guess that I slightly preferred the Z35/2 on the crop frame sensor cameras.

However, on my full frame Pentax K1 cameras, I prefer the rendering and field of view of the Z28/2.

Not long after getting my K1, I sold off my Z35/2 and kept my Z28/2.

I used to think that the Z35/2 was maybe a bit sharper than the Z28/2. But these days I'm thinking that these two lenses are pretty close when it comes to sharpness and detail.
05-14-2017, 04:15 PM - 5 Likes   #738
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some fog about this morning

I've been quiet of late with the camera, so I made a point of getting out last night. I wasn't really happy with what I captured so when I woke up early this morning I knew that it was an opportunity to get out and capture some foggy conditions in Brisbane. It was a really heavy blanket too and on my way home I couldn't resist this point of view. Captured with the Distagon 25/2.8.

Tas

Ps, if you look above the cyclists you can see what looks like an SD card in the sky. It's the top section of a high rise peaking through the fog. More pics to come.
05-15-2017, 03:09 AM   #739

Photos: Gallery
So, if I got this right, you can convert C/Y-lenses to Pentax-K mount with the help of a DIY-kit that's available online?

Do you know if it's possible to do it the other way around? I happen to have a Contax body that in fact I really like more than any of my Pentax bodies for functionality* but except for the standard 50mm 1.7 Planar and a Yashica 135mm 2.8 I don't have any lenses and probably won't be able to afford a lot more Zeiss glass, nor do I see any sense in it, as I already have quite a handful of interesting Pentax glass.. I would love to be able to use these lenses on that Contax.

*For anyone interested in the model, It's a Contax 159mm. Build quality and feel is not comparable to that of the Pentax bodies I know (MX, ME super, K2DMD), but it still is a puristic manual advance, manual focus body, which is relatively small (not that much bigger than the M-series, maybe a bit thicker), but on top of that it offers up to 1/4000 shutter speed and automatic exposure finally combined with a very convenient auto exposure lock. As simple as it gets while offering all the features I really want.

05-15-2017, 07:48 AM   #740
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Arvid Quote
So, if I got this right, you can convert C/Y-lenses to Pentax-K mount with the help of a DIY-kit that's available online?

Do you know if it's possible to do it the other way around? I happen to have a Contax body that in fact I really like more than any of my Pentax bodies for functionality* but except for the standard 50mm 1.7 Planar and a Yashica 135mm 2.8 I don't have any lenses and probably won't be able to afford a lot more Zeiss glass, nor do I see any sense in it, as I already have quite a handful of interesting Pentax glass.. I would love to be able to use these lenses on that Contax.

*For anyone interested in the model, It's a Contax 159mm. Build quality and feel is not comparable to that of the Pentax bodies I know (MX, ME super, K2DMD), but it still is a puristic manual advance, manual focus body, which is relatively small (not that much bigger than the M-series, maybe a bit thicker), but on top of that it offers up to 1/4000 shutter speed and automatic exposure finally combined with a very convenient auto exposure lock. As simple as it gets while offering all the features I really want.
I think there is an M42 adapter that can get Takumars to fit, but I've not heard of an adapter for K mount. On Ebay for example: M42 Lens to Contax Yashica C/Y

Some of those Takumars have a lot of personality.
05-15-2017, 09:28 AM - 3 Likes   #741

... a great day for me !
I found and bought 18mm f3.5,. 28mm f2 and 85mm f1.4, all in K mount 😝
Near mint condition, and for a good price
They will join my 50mm f1.4 & 35mm f2
05-15-2017, 09:43 AM   #742
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Gedeon Quote
... a great day for me !
I found and bought 18mm f3.5,. 28mm f2 and 85mm f1.4, all in K mount 😝
Near mint condition, and for a good price
They will join my 50mm f1.4 & 35mm f2

Congratulations. That's quite a collection you now have!

DAve

05-15-2017, 12:33 PM   #743
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
Congratulations. That's quite a collection you now have!
What else?
Bravo and enjoy them!
05-15-2017, 03:59 PM - 5 Likes   #744
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why I drove out of the city to shoot

So yesterday's little weather event had been forecast to hit towards 'the south' so in my simple brain I thought, 'hmm, I might go in along the Brisbane river as some light fog might give me some difussed light rays through the buildings'. well, I'd ahve to say that probably eventually occured but I decided to relocate to an alternative spot to see if I could capture something from there. This is why I abandoned my original plans to shoot 'light fog' in the city.

Tas
05-15-2017, 04:18 PM   #745
Pentaxian

B&H is now selling the incredible Zeiss 135mm f/2 APO Sonnar for just $1499. That's $623 off their regular price for this lens.

The "Milvus" version of this lens (virtually identical to this original "Classic" version) however is still selling for $2200.

I'm considering purchasing one myself.
05-15-2017, 05:49 PM   #746
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
B&H is now selling the incredible Zeiss 135mm f/2 APO Sonnar for just $1499. That's $623 off their regular price for this lens.

The "Milvus" version of this lens (virtually identical to this original "Classic" version) however is still selling for $2200.

I'm considering purchasing one myself.
This looks like they're trying to move on the original model versions of their ZF2 lenses as the 18mm/3.5 is $500 off too: Zeiss Distagon T* 18mm F/3.5 ZF.2 Lens for Nikon 1767-822 B&H

Tas
05-15-2017, 09:11 PM   #747

amazing picture, Tas !
05-16-2017, 05:43 AM   #748

Would anyone know where to find Zeiss correction profiles under lightroom / photoshop, and how to integrate them into the software to be recognized ?
When I import an image, no "Zeiss" selection is possible in the correction parameters...
05-16-2017, 10:40 AM   #749
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Gedeon Quote
Would anyone know where to find Zeiss correction profiles under lightroom / photoshop, and how to integrate them into the software to be recognized ?
When I import an image, no "Zeiss" selection is possible in the correction parameters...
Ken Rockwell lists PhotoShop lens correction factors for many Zeiss lenses here - Zeiss Reviews
05-16-2017, 10:43 AM   #750
Veteran Member

Hi Gedeon,
it works but only for DNG/PEF files at "Zeiss" tab...