Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2017, 09:54 AM   #796
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
It's great to see lots of photos being posted again.

K-1 and the Planar T* 85 1.4 ZK. The 85 was a bit long for the scene but as I didn't have the 50/2 with me it was the only option available. I was after compression of distance and the 85 does this very well.

Tas
Lovely sky! Nice job keeping the sides of the buildings vertical too.

I used to work for BHP Billiton (and before the merger I worked for Billiton), but I never visited that office.

06-11-2017, 10:02 AM   #797
Pentaxian

It's great to see lots of photos being posted again.

Tas
Up here in northern hemisphere, in the winter I mostly work on lenses and do my lens testing. Summer is finally here, and the wife and I are out and about in our recreational vehicle, taking actual photos. So, my months of testing/repairing/adapting lenses are over and it's time to get down to some serious shooting...
06-11-2017, 01:59 PM   #798
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gedeon Quote
Come back from a trek, taking some landscapes with a leitaxed sum 80mm Leica. Just a mess : loss of contrast, sharpness, all pictures are very, very bad. It's only a very good lens for close/middle distances, not for landscapes or far subjects.
Hi Gedeon,
Leica Summilux-R 80/1.4 is not an Apo lens. So at far distances, you can be disappointed... That's not the case with Leica Apo-Summicron-R 90/2 Asph in the same range of focal length...
06-11-2017, 04:59 PM   #799
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do you want to have a look at Zeiss Distagon 21/2.8 ZK files on the K-1?

G'day,

I've been a regular participant in the post processing challenge on the forums for some time, and as I'm host for this week's challenge I thought there might be some people who subscribe to this thread with an interest in Zeiss 21/2.8 rendering on the K-1. Not scaled down versions in the forum or images awash with whatever Flickr does, but the chance to access full size unprocessed DNG RAW and JPEG files.

If this interests you at all the full details and links to the images can be accessed here: PP Challenge #224 - PentaxForums.com Oh, and I'd hope you have a go at the challenge whilst you're there.

This is a rare ZK lens though with the recent availability of the ZF/ZF2 Leitax adaptor the Zeiss 21 is now more accessible to Pentaxians than it's ever been. The 21 is a brilliant wide lens so I hope that by sharing these images with you some more Pentaxians take the plunge and pick up a 21. Or at least get to be yelled at by their wives.

Hooroo for now,

Tas

06-15-2017, 02:53 PM - 1 Like   #800
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ah, we can but dream

It looks to be a pretty hefty beastie: Zeiss to announce a new Milvus 1.4/35 lens for DSLR cameras (ZE, ZF.2) | Photo Rumors Still nice to have one though.

Tas
06-15-2017, 03:45 PM   #801
Pentaxian

It looks to be a pretty hefty beastie: Zeiss to announce a new Milvus 1.4/35 lens for DSLR cameras (ZE, ZF.2) | Photo Rumors Still nice to have one though.

Tas

I have the Zeiss "Classic" 35mm f/1.4 lens. It too is pretty big.

I fully expect that this new Milvus version will include a redesign of the optical elements because it took so long for Zeiss to release it. I would think the price would be around $1900 USD.

The Classic version is tied for having the best bokeh of all Zeiss lenses I have tried. Around f/2 it's got unbeatable bokeh (OK it's tied with the Zeiss Milvus 85).

In my opinion, the Classic version's shortcoming is that at smaller apertures, it's good, but not great. So, I would hope that the new Milvus version would keep the terrific performance at f/2ish and improve the stopped down performance.
06-16-2017, 02:21 AM   #802
Unregistered User

G'day,

I've been a regular participant in the post processing challenge on the forums for some time, and as I'm host for this week's challenge I thought there might be some people who subscribe to this thread with an interest in Zeiss 21/2.8 rendering on the K-1. Not scaled down versions in the forum or images awash with whatever Flickr does, but the chance to access full size unprocessed DNG RAW and JPEG files.

If this interests you at all the full details and links to the images can be accessed here: PP Challenge #224 - PentaxForums.com Oh, and I'd hope you have a go at the challenge whilst you're there.

This is a rare ZK lens though with the recent availability of the ZF/ZF2 Leitax adaptor the Zeiss 21 is now more accessible to Pentaxians than it's ever been. The 21 is a brilliant wide lens so I hope that by sharing these images with you some more Pentaxians take the plunge and pick up a 21. Or at least get to be yelled at by their wives.

Hooroo for now,

Tas
The call of the 21mm is getting louder, and getting stronger!! ; ) Such a splendid lens.

06-16-2017, 03:35 AM   #803
Unregistered User

Sharing a shot, taken by one of my friends this week. He came over to my house to use my home studio space and as my flash trigger does not work on his Nikon, he shot with my K-1 and my 50mm Makro-Planar. Quite the lens to use for a shoot like this!! SO much detail!

Photographer: Michael Steel (Vestiige Productions)
Model: AstroKerrie Cosplay
Outfit: AstroKerrie Cosplay
Photoset + Lighting: Myself.
Attached Images

06-18-2017, 04:43 AM - 3 Likes   #804
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Zeiss 28

06-18-2017, 09:01 AM   #805
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Thank you for this response. The double adapter approach still allows you to focus to infinity?
Sorry for the late reply. YES

Even though you'd think a "double adapter" approach would not be very tight/secure/firm, I have found that all of the joints are extremely tight and when on my K1, it feels like it's all one solid unit.

[IMG][/IMG]

Also, I just posted a review on this lens here on the forum, might want to check it out.

Overall, while not a perfect lens, it's certainly going to be one that I keep and use on my K1 for many years to come.

Dave
06-21-2017, 12:10 PM   #806
Pentaxian

Lloyd Chambers just posted his review of the new Zeiss ZF Milvus 35mm f/1.4 lens. A couple of the sample photos he posted exhibit an extreme 3D subject isolation effect, greater than I've seen before with any wide angle lens. All I can say is WOW!

It's expensive ($2000) and not yet in stock at B&H.

I have no doubt that it will be spectacular on the Pentax K1 camera. It might well be the best "wide angle" lens that can be put on a K1 camera ("ultra-wide" is another story with the 15, 18 Milvus, and 21 each being equally yummy).

Now, who's going to be the first to buy the new Zeiss 35/1.4 ZF Milvus?

Last edited by Fenwoodian; 06-21-2017 at 12:57 PM.
06-21-2017, 02:37 PM   #807
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
Lloyd Chambers just posted his review of the new Zeiss ZF Milvus 35mm f/1.4 lens. A couple of the sample photos he posted exhibit an extreme 3D subject isolation effect, greater than I've seen before with any wide angle lens. All I can say is WOW!

It's expensive ($2000) and not yet in stock at B&H.

I have no doubt that it will be spectacular on the Pentax K1 camera. It might well be the best "wide angle" lens that can be put on a K1 camera ("ultra-wide" is another story with the 15, 18 Milvus, and 21 each being equally yummy).

Now, who's going to be the first to buy the new Zeiss 35/1.4 ZF Milvus?
Here's some images captured using the new 35/1.4 if you're interested: Milvus 1.4/35 | Flickr

So far as who will be the first, I think his name is Dave.

Tas
06-21-2017, 06:17 PM - 2 Likes   #808
Pentaxian

'
Wisconsin USA rural mail carrier in summer...

Zeiss ZF 28mm f/2 on Pentax K1.

[IMG][/IMG]

cross posted
06-21-2017, 07:01 PM   #809
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
'
Wisconsin USA rural mail carrier in summer...

Zeiss ZF 28mm f/2 on Pentax K1.

[/url][/IMG]

cross posted
Love the purples and greens here.
06-22-2017, 07:29 AM - 2 Likes   #810
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Zeiss 28