Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2015, 11:23 AM   #451
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
disco_owner's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sydney
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,611
Nice Shooting Eric !!

QuoteOriginally posted by elpolodiablo Quote
Some old shots of A7 and FA31 f1.8 Limited


Great Shooting there Eric !! There is a very nice Church with a
























05-27-2015, 04:08 PM - 4 Likes   #452
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,168
Original Poster
Taken with the FA*85/1.4;






05-27-2015, 04:40 PM   #453
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,988
Love everything you do, Jen - you and the film shooters prove again and again what Pentaxians will be able to do with their old glass if they shell out for the full frame.
05-27-2015, 05:32 PM   #454
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,168
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Love everything you do, Jen - you and the film shooters prove again and again what Pentaxians will be able to do with their old glass if they shell out for the full frame.
Thanks.

I can't wait for the Pentax FF to be released.
FA Ltd's and FA* all usable with full functionality.

Certainly some of the best lenses out there against any brand.

05-27-2015, 07:09 PM   #455
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,988
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
Thanks.

I can't wait for the Pentax FF to be released.
FA Ltd's and FA* all usable with full functionality.

Certainly some of the best lenses out there against any brand.

As much as you're a gear head, your models (men, women and children) have very natural and flattering poses, again and again.


It can't be an accident, you must really put them at ease and have great rapport when shooting.
05-28-2015, 11:28 AM - 3 Likes   #456
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2007
Location: WW community of Pentax users
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,214
Finally took the Pentax-L 43mm f/1.9 LTM Special (M39) out on my M9-P again.
Converted to b&w in Silver Efex.











05-30-2015, 12:46 AM - 1 Like   #457
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,168
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bart Quote
Finally took the Pentax-L 43mm f/1.9 LTM Special (M39) out on my M9-P again.
Converted to b&w in Silver Efex.



Nice shots as usual.

Since you have this lens, do you know anything about the history of lens?
As in why Pentax even made one for M-mount?

One story puts it that Leica liked this lens so much that they asked Pentax to make one in m-mount.
Very flattering, but 'Leica snobs' would slam this story as impossible since "Leica is almighty and won't go so low as to ask a 3rd rate maker to make any lens for them" (though they do recommend Pentax sensor swabs to clean the M9 sensor )


On the other hand, Leica did fill their product lineup with stuff made by others, the Minolta made 40mm and 90/4 comes to mind.
So is the Leica-R 21/4 which is a Voigtlander.

Furthermore, if Pentax was really interested in going into RF lens making, then they would have followed through with 31ltd and 77ltd on RF mounts, which is not the case.

---------- Post added 05-30-2015 at 03:49 PM ----------



Takumar 135/2.5 v1
05-30-2015, 05:01 AM   #458
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2007
Location: WW community of Pentax users
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,214
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
Nice shots as usual.

Since you have this lens, do you know anything about the history of lens?
As in why Pentax even made one for M-mount?

One story puts it that Leica liked this lens so much that they asked Pentax to make one in m-mount.
Very flattering, but 'Leica snobs' would slam this story as impossible since "Leica is almighty and won't go so low as to ask a 3rd rate maker to make any lens for them" (though they do recommend Pentax sensor swabs to clean the M9 sensor )


On the other hand, Leica did fill their product lineup with stuff made by others, the Minolta made 40mm and 90/4 comes to mind.
So is the Leica-R 21/4 which is a Voigtlander.

Furthermore, if Pentax was really interested in going into RF lens making, then they would have followed through with 31ltd and 77ltd on RF mounts, which is not the case.

---------- Post added 05-30-2015 at 03:49 PM ----------



Takumar 135/2.5 v1
Thank you!

I read an opposite story somewhere: that this was a 'rogue' project of the lens designer Hirakawa Jun. Possibly due to a conversation / discussion with the lens designer from Leica.
Tales, I suppose. I doubt these people ever met.
I noticed 2000 copies were made in the year 2000. Perhaps that is an indication?
Nothing more that a "special" and limited series - in contrast to the Limited series

Anyway, this is not a typical rangefinder lens: it's much too long for its maximum aperture of 1.9. Therefore, it doesn't really appeal to the average rangefinder user.
I think this also buries the rumor that Pentax was working on a rangefinder.
Pentax would have built appropriate lenses instead of 'incorporating' an adapter in the design.
Me, I like it because of the link with Pentax and it looks and feels somewhat as a Takumar. And last but not least, it's stil the 43 Ltd with its own character

PS wonderful result with that Takumar

05-31-2015, 11:56 PM - 1 Like   #459
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,168
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bart Quote
Thank you!

I read an opposite story somewhere: that this was a 'rogue' project of the lens designer Hirakawa Jun. Possibly due to a conversation / discussion with the lens designer from Leica.
Tales, I suppose. I doubt these people ever met.
I noticed 2000 copies were made in the year 2000. Perhaps that is an indication?
Nothing more that a "special" and limited series - in contrast to the Limited series

Anyway, this is not a typical rangefinder lens: it's much too long for its maximum aperture of 1.9. Therefore, it doesn't really appeal to the average rangefinder user.
I think this also buries the rumor that Pentax was working on a rangefinder.
Pentax would have built appropriate lenses instead of 'incorporating' an adapter in the design.
Me, I like it because of the link with Pentax and it looks and feels somewhat as a Takumar. And last but not least, it's stil the 43 Ltd with its own character

PS wonderful result with that Takumar

Thanks for that little extra tidbit of info.
I've never come across that story.

As long as there are users who appreciate it, thats the most important.

---------- Post added 06-01-2015 at 03:00 PM ----------

Pentax Takumar 58/2








This lens grows on me so fast that I just can't stop using it.
Almost like a Helios 44, but more reliable and less funky.
Superbly built too.
The size of a Canon 50/1.4 ltm, which is rather amazing to me for an SLR 50mm.
06-01-2015, 06:32 AM   #460
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: singapore
Posts: 467
The legendary A* 85mm @ f/2. Once again this legendary lens demonstrates its abilities and delievers a very sharp picture.

06-02-2015, 07:16 AM - 5 Likes   #461
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,168
Original Poster


Pentax Takumar 58/2
06-02-2015, 08:03 AM   #462
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Canada_Rockies's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sparwood, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,261
Gorgeous work on the steeple.
06-08-2015, 04:07 PM - 2 Likes   #463
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,168
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Gorgeous work on the steeple.
Thank you.





Here's one with the Samyang 14/2.8 (in K mount of course)
A purchase which came at a too good price not to get and for me to get ready for the Pentax FF.




To me, (and I have had access to the A15/3.5), the Samyang is the safest bet for a UWA on the coming FF.
Amazing sharpness at f8, f11 all the way through to the corners.
Its certainly the best in this respect of what I have.

There is no free lunch though, the downsides (which in the right situations, I'd tear my hair over) :
1. Size (I'd rather someone came out it a much smaller 14mm f4 lens )
2. In-ability to easily take filters. (There are filter holders for it, but they are not cheap and the worst thing is that they are super big and clunky, needs dedication to shooting landscapes to bring along, which in my case as a traveler/multi-genre photographer, its less of an incentive)
3. Distortion is rather scary on FF. I'm yet to look for a correction profile in LR6, though I'm confident there is one (or one that matches well enough).
06-09-2015, 07:40 AM   #464
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 269
Hi pinholecam, knowing that you already have a sony A7, would you still invest in a pentax FF?
06-09-2015, 08:06 AM   #465
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Canada_Rockies's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sparwood, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,261
Does DxO have any tests on the 14/2.8 Samyang?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
a50, a7, adapter, camera, evf, f1, fa31, fa77, ff, field, flickr, focus, k24/2.8, lens, lenses, lenses on ff, love, pentax, pentax lens, pentax lenses, photographer, shot, shots, sony, spot, starry, sunrise, thread, wedding
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Current lenses on a FF Lurch Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 10 01-06-2014 10:17 PM
Film-era lenses on FF cameras utak Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 04-08-2013 02:26 AM
Big Savings on Nikon FF Lenses Adam Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 3 02-26-2013 09:32 AM
A Pentax FF idea, a unique take on the FF market... theperception2008 Pentax DSLR Discussion 20 10-03-2012 01:07 PM
Digital FF KAF lenses on a Pentax MX? zantaphia Pentax Film SLR Discussion 6 01-25-2012 01:16 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:28 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top