Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2014, 04:50 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Adapted to Q Lens Club

There are lots of adapters for the Q, and I have three of them--Pk to Q; FD to Q, and P110 to Q. This lens club is being set up for discussion of all the lens adapted to the Q, for discussion about the adapters themselves, and for posting of Q Adapter photography. Maybe we can all learn from each other about what works well, what works somewhat, and what does not to work very well.

---------- Post added 05-01-14 at 07:52 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
There are lots of adapters for the Q, and I have three of them--Pk to Q; FD to Q, and P110 to Q. This lens club is being set up for discussion of all the lens adapted to the Q, for discussion about the adapters themselves, and for posting of Q Adapter photography. Maybe we can all learn from each other about what works well, what works somewhat, and what does not to work very well.
Moderator: As per earlier discussion, please move this thread to position it as a new lens club. Thank you.

05-01-2014, 09:55 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
P110-Q Adapter

Here are a couple of shots from today with the P110-Q Fotodiox adapter. The Pentax 110 lens is the 20-40 mm zoom. Pentax 110 lenses are usable without turning the adapted lens into a super-telescopic birder lens! Av mode works very well with this adapter-lens combination.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
07-22-2014, 12:00 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
PK to P/Q Adapter

Here are a couple taken with a Chinon 50 mm f 1.7 using adapter PK to P/Q.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
07-22-2014, 08:36 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice images. Wish I had the 110 zoom. Didn't know this lens club existed.

You have the same adapters I have used. I do have a C mount and an Olympus OM adapter. Have used the RJ Q-PK adapter since it came out. Loaned it to another Quser when I got the Pentax made adapter. Ordered a new RJ for fun. It is built better than original, but not sure I like it as well. Will try to post some pics.

thanks
barondla (orig black metal Q/01 lens. Bought the day it came out.)

07-23-2014, 12:57 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Nice images. Wish I had the 110 zoom. Didn't know this lens club existed.

You have the same adapters I have used. I do have a C mount and an Olympus OM adapter. Have used the RJ Q-PK adapter since it came out. Loaned it to another Quser when I got the Pentax made adapter. Ordered a new RJ for fun. It is built better than original, but not sure I like it as well. Will try to post some pics.

thanks
barondla (orig black metal Q/01 lens. Bought the day it came out.)
I recently asked the moderator to create this lens club. I see it as a way for forum members to share experiences with the various adapters and lenses they use with the adapters. I see various C mount lenses available, and would be interested in any comments you could make about this adapter and the C lenses you use with it.
08-12-2014, 06:20 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Friend got the new RJ Q-PK adapter in. It is totally different than my original one. Will have to try it out. Appears better made than original.
thanks
barondla

Warming up the Q for some fun.
09-28-2014, 05:44 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Having played with the RJ Q-PK adapter more, it is easy to say the body is better built. It is no longer the cone shaped body style. There are disadvantages to this. Like the oem Pentax adapter, there is now less room for your fingers. There is still more room than the Pentax oem adapter. Hand holding is tougher with fingers having less room to grip body.

My biggest grumble is the adapter was totally redesigned and improved in construction, but we still have the 2.5mm tripod mount screws. These are way too small and will strip out like the original adapter. You must fix this before trusting the lens on a tripod.

On the original, I replaced the screws with longer ones. The screws now protrude into the adapter, but still avoid the image path. Added nuts to strengthen the assembly and JB Welded the the tiny screws, tripod adapter, and nuts all together. Friend has been using this with Canon FL 200 f3.5 lens for 2 years without a problem.

The new adapter does not allow the screw heads to pass all the way through the adapter body wall. We can no longer add nuts for extra strenggth. All we can do now is JB Weld the screws and tripod adapter permanently to the adapter. I trust JB Weld, so this should still work. The new adapter is less reflective inside.

thanks
barondla
09-28-2014, 06:06 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We have been keeping track of this topic here with an index to all the lenses used.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/136-pentax-q/209474-adapted-lenses-tested...ce-thread.html
Do you want to use this in place of it?
Will you also be maintaining an index?