Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 635 Likes Search this Thread
01-07-2020, 07:37 AM   #436
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I dusted off the Schneider-Kreuznach Cinelux Ultra 125/2.0 (an adapted 70mm IMAX cinema projector lens) for some Christmas portraits with the 645Z. It's not an easy lens to focus, but it repays patience.
Merci Sandy!

Those are great and that B&W bokeh is really excellent.

01-08-2020, 03:30 AM - 1 Like   #437
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Jean, I'm always blown away with what you do with the weirdest lenses on the Pentax cameras, great job love it
01-08-2020, 07:24 AM   #438
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks.

Just FYI - I have been playing with Pentax-110 film lens on the Fuji X gear ... I added a fixed internal aperture to a 18/2.8 lens in hopes of have a really deep depth of field. Plus a bit of fun on the FF K-1.

It's here, if curious ... Pentax-110 system film lenses on APS-C - PentaxForums.com
03-01-2020, 03:37 AM - 2 Likes   #439
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Here's a test shot with an enlarger lens on the K-1, a Rodenstock Trinar 50/3.5 in M39 mount. It covers the image frame just fine, but focus distance is maybe 40cm. I'll try to get hold of a focusing helicoid for µ4/3 and see if it can reach infinity.

Taken at f/5.6.

03-04-2020, 12:58 PM - 2 Likes   #440
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Here's an image of the Trinar on the K-1. Not exactly imposing

03-08-2020, 09:29 AM - 2 Likes   #441
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I received a couple of no-name C-mount cctv lenses, a 25/1.4 and a 35/1.6. The 25 is tiny. Best used on tubes to avoid vignetting. The 35 bigger (but not big) and much better built. I think both can yield some interesting results. The cheap adapter leaves them upside-down, though

I have mostly tried the 25 so far:

Both at f/1.4:

A "bit" of flaring Little wonder when you see the reflective inside of the "hood".
03-09-2020, 09:07 PM   #442
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I received a couple of no-name C-mount cctv lenses, a 25/1.4 and a 35/1.6. The 25 is tiny. Best used on tubes to avoid vignetting. The 35 bigger (but not big) and much better built. I think both can yield some interesting results. The cheap adapter leaves them upside-down, though

I have mostly tried the 25 so far:

Both at f/1.4:

A "bit" of flaring Little wonder when you see the reflective inside of the "hood".
Let us know if you ever shoot any reversed macro images with theses. I've old D-mount cine leses I use, but no C-mount ones. I'd be curious ho w they'd compare.

03-11-2020, 08:10 AM   #443
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Thagomizer Quote
Let us know if you ever shoot any reversed macro images with theses. I've old D-mount cine leses I use, but no C-mount ones. I'd be curious ho w they'd compare.
I'll need to get hold of some more reversing rings first. I don't think I have any of the right dimentions - I think one is 37mm and the other is... 30, maybe? Not sure, I need a caliper.
03-24-2020, 11:29 PM - 2 Likes   #444
Veteran Member

Some of my projector lenses.....It's pretty awesome the resolution from them vs regular camera lenses.

03-25-2020, 01:41 AM   #445
Pentaxian

Original Poster
That's really awesome ... thanks a lot for your images. Many ideas there !

Since I am "lockdowned" in Poitiers until the end of April, I am going to play about with my collection and post a few images. This thread deserves a bit more attention.
03-31-2020, 04:24 PM - 3 Likes   #446

Photos: Albums
This month, for the 'Single in...' photo challenge I've been using the Helios 92/f2 projector lens. It's been great fun and is a surprisingly easy lens to use.
It's fitted into a 25-55mm helicoid so can focus from about 30cm to infinity. Here are a few of the images.
Flickr album is here: Single in March 2020 | Flickr

Tees Transporter Bridge

The rocks and the water

Nice, tall trees

Last edited by zubzubadoodle; 03-31-2020 at 08:01 PM.
04-11-2020, 04:52 PM - 4 Likes   #447
Veteran Member

Every time I think about projector lenses the first one I grab is the older version of Colorplan.

Today I've noticed that a new snake's head fritillary is out and it is the fourth one this year in the garden and probably the last. They take many years from seed to flower and I don't notice them every year. The first three faded away already and doing this and that I never really got a chance to take a picture. I was not gonna let this one slip.

The Colorplan was my weapon of choice.

Bonus a couple of orchids that were nearby.

Cheers,
Marko
04-13-2020, 10:13 AM - 4 Likes   #448
Pentaxian

(Crosss posted on "Macro by any means necessary")

Hi all;

I hope everyone is well and coping as best you can with the current, unprecedented situation brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.

In the course of Googling "reverse movie lens macro" I came across the work of Art Vaughan. He's got some great stuff on his Flickr page using all sorts of lenses and lens bits to achieve excellent results. Nis descriptions are very detailed and informative and has already pointed me to trying out some of the things I've already got sitting around. What really surprised me were the combinations of things stacked together. Lots of excellent ideas for putting stuff together and seeing what they do. He's shooting Nikon, but there are Pentax equivanents for most of the Nikon OEM stuff he's using as primary lenses (18-55, 85, 105, 200). The list of optical ingredients he's using as add-ons includes:

Cine lenses
Enlarger lenses
Projector lenses
Microscope objectives
Anamorphic lenses
Teleconverters
Raynox achromats
Salvaged front elements from "parts only" junked zoom lenses

Flickr albums of particular interest:

Lens configurations

Macro-modifications

Bell & Howell Increlite lens

Iscorama anamorphic macro

He's also posted instructions to build the rig he uses in conjunction with his camera's pop-up flash, which he uses for much of his macro photography. This is great for shooters like myself who prefer hand-held techniques, where keeping gear light and portable is important. You can find the PDF here: https://www.fws.gov/uploadedFiles/PopUpFlash_Macro_Photography_AVaughan.pdf

Enjoy!

Stay safe, stay well!

Bruce
04-13-2020, 12:25 PM   #449
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks a lot, Bruce !!!

That's a great info post and good for many new ideas, too.

Hope that you (and everyone else) are well.

Cheers, J
04-14-2020, 11:44 AM - 1 Like   #450
Pentaxian

Original Poster
A new entry ... an Aldis Star Anastigmat 100/2.8 projection lens wide open on my Fuji X-E2. This lens has its own helicoid housing and I have mounted it for now in a large Chinese K-mount extension tube. I have infinity and will share a few more images later on ... here, some rushed tests out in my backyard before I had to get diner on the table. Ha!