Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 635 Likes Search this Thread
04-13-2015, 01:10 PM   #121
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
Sounds like a plan. Speaking of frankenlenses i also bought a rifle scope a while ago. Any idea if it'd be any use as a lens?
No idea ... but I would guess that the image circle would be quite small depending upon the diameter of the scope. Good question.

---------- Post added 04-13-15 at 22:16 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
That's strange. I can see it no problem.

I found another version, cheaper, simpler, and without threads. Not as easy to incorporate in a lens "construction" I'd think.

Ebay - IRIS-DIAPHRAGM-Aperture-Blade-For-Camera-Lens-Adapter-0-8-7-5mm-10-Blades

I read somewhere that it doesn't take a lot of force to push the lever too far and mangle the iris blades on this one.

Both of them seem to be sold by jinfinance, if that makes it any easier to find them.

Edit: The "advanced" one can be found here as well: Saddle
Merde ... still can't see it : "Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay."

But I think that I get the idea ...

Oh, here's the herd of lenses that I picked up at the annual Poitiers swap meet. All 5 for 18€ total ... Yes, I'm completely nuts.

The SFOM will be a paperweight on my desk since I ready have another one. It weighs a ton. The Zeiss Ikon Talon is the middle belongs to savoche ...

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 04-13-2015 at 01:17 PM.
04-13-2015, 04:12 PM   #122
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Cheers Jean!

Oh my, lots of lenses! I tell you though, at these prices, LBA is "nearly harmless" Sir! Look forward seeing what unique qualities you'll find in these!

Regards,
D
04-14-2015, 03:47 AM   #123
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The new-to-me "Bauer Neovaron" - "2.8/85 MC W.-Germany" projector lens out for first sample test this morning before heading off to work ... not bad and all shot "wide open".

And apologies for all the flower shots, but it's all that's near in the yard.

These images from the front yard with the morning sun ... J
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
04-15-2015, 12:39 AM - 2 Likes   #124
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Roeschlein-Kreuznach Stellar 85/2.8

Here's the first samples from the "Stellar" that I picked up last Sunday at the Poitiers swap ... wide open and not very sharp, but interesting bokeh. J

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
04-15-2015, 02:48 AM   #125
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Here's the first samples from the "Stellar" that I picked up last Sunday at the Poitiers swap ... wide open and not very sharp, but interesting bokeh. J
I would call it "dreamy" - sounds so much better than "not very sharp"

And I think D_V will like that soap bubble bokeh. I know I do. TFS!
04-15-2015, 07:22 PM   #126
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I would call it "dreamy" - sounds so much better than "not very sharp"

And I think D_V will like that soap bubble bokeh. I know I do. TFS!
Jean, going to have to agree - dreamy is what I would call it as well, the detail is there, just in the dreamy, painterly presentation, specially that last one... And as Savoche called - love the bubbly "diaplanish/trioplanish" bokeh!

Regards,
D
04-18-2015, 03:03 PM - 3 Likes   #127
Veteran Member

First go around for Pentacon AV 100mm f/2.8...

Regards,
D

Last edited by Duh_Vinci; 04-19-2015 at 07:03 AM.
04-19-2015, 02:34 AM   #128
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Duh_Vinci Quote
First go around for Pentacon AV 100mm f/2.8...

Regards,
D
Salut D,

Very nice and really like the effect and composition. Cannot wait to see more ... Cheers, J
04-19-2015, 09:08 AM   #129
Veteran Member

Cheers Jean!

Thank you, to be honest with you, this one seem to be an overkill, I keep trying to compare it with Diaplan 80mm f/2.8, basically same triplet... But somehow I tend to favor 80mm over this 100mm...

This one is also a little "dreamier" I think?

Regards,
D
04-19-2015, 09:24 AM - 1 Like   #130
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Duh_Vinci Quote
Cheers Jean!

Thank you, to be honest with you, this one seem to be an overkill, I keep trying to compare it with Diaplan 80mm f/2.8, basically same triplet... But somehow I tend to favor 80mm over this 100mm...

This one is also a little "dreamier" I think?

Regards,
D

Salut D,

Nice one there ... a quill ?

I "Franken-lens-ed" another one this afternoon. I purchased a Tele-Universar 200/4.5 at the Poitiers' swap for its 13-blade aperture and 330° throw. I dissembled it since the glass was not that great and used the helicoid bottom section with a "Will Wetzlar Magninon 100/2.8" projector lens inserted in it. Good working focal distance for me and here are the first test samples upon the withering flowers of the front yard.

The 13-blade aperture is for another projector lens project once I found some more time ... ha! J
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
04-19-2015, 04:02 PM   #131
Veteran Member

Salut D,

Nice one there ... a quill ?...
Cheers Jean! Indeed, great eye!

I "Franken-lens-ed" another one this afternoon. I purchased a Tele-Universar 200/4.5 at the Poitiers' swap for its 13-blade aperture and 330° throw. I dissembled it since the glass was not that great and used the helicoid bottom section with a "Will Wetzlar Magninon 100/2.8" projector lens inserted in it. Good working focal distance for me and here are the first test samples upon the withering flowers of the front yard.

The 13-blade aperture is for another projector lens project once I found some more time ... ha! J
You my friend is the "king" of modifications and adaptation of these lenses, bravo! Great results from the combo!

Regards,
D
04-19-2015, 10:16 PM   #132
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Salut D,

Nice one there ... a quill ?

Wow - very nice pictures!
I own two glass projector lenses that I once bought for my two Kindermann projector combination. Now I think about trying something similar.
04-20-2015, 09:14 AM   #133
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote
Wow - very nice pictures!
I own two glass projector lenses that I once bought for my two Kindermann projector combination. Now I think about trying something similar.
Thanks for the compliment and hope to see an image or two soon with your lenses. Salut, J
04-21-2015, 10:38 AM - 1 Like   #134
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Took the Will Wetzlar Magninon 100/2.8 projector in its new lens heliocoid to the Botanical Garden of Poitiers.

Oui, more flowers ...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
04-23-2015, 03:45 AM   #135
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Another great set of slightly dreamy flowers! A bit early for a visit to the Gardens here yet, but a visit is in order to keep you company with flower pictures

I have an old bellows heading my way, hoping it is in decent order. Looks a bit worn on the pictures, but is supposedly not leaking light... We'll see! Shouldn't be impossible to do some re-sealing if needed.

A bit of a side topic; I wonder if I can pull off something like this (in a less automated way) with my old projector: