Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 635 Likes Search this Thread
04-23-2015, 10:51 AM   #136
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Another great set of slightly dreamy flowers! A bit early for a visit to the Gardens here yet, but a visit is in order to keep you company with flower pictures

I have an old bellows heading my way, hoping it is in decent order. Looks a bit worn on the pictures, but is supposedly not leaking light... We'll see! Shouldn't be impossible to do some re-sealing if needed.

A bit of a side topic; I wonder if I can pull off something like this (in a less automated way) with my old projector:

Slide Copier

Merci. Looking forward to your (flower) images !

Also, that was a pretty cool way to digitize slides ... smart stuff. Cheers, J

04-23-2015, 01:24 PM - 2 Likes   #137
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Mailk Triolam 100 with its 13-blade aperture attached, just slightly stopped down.

You see, it's not always flowers. Marianne, converted into B&W quickly via Lr4 ...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
04-23-2015, 03:29 PM - 2 Likes   #138
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Cheers Jean!

Certainly enjoyed your spring floral sets, thank you for bring spring to us sooner! Very nice emotive B&W candid as well, certainly showing the range potential of these re purposed lenses!

Regards,
D

---------- Post added 04-23-2015 at 03:36 PM ----------

Very windy today, but I had to try my Russian 78mm f2.8 triplet projector, not that I've finally adapted it to hollowed out "pinhole" body from Lensbaby and "hooded" inserted into Composer...

These are shot with Nikon D200, had to air it out, has not been used for ages, almost forgot that not having SR built into the body does not forgive the "laziness" of easy shooting on my part

Few to share:

Regards,
D
04-25-2015, 03:32 AM   #139
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Duh_Vinci Quote
Cheers Jean!

Certainly enjoyed your spring floral sets, thank you for bring spring to us sooner! Very nice emotive B&W candid as well, certainly showing the range potential of these re purposed lenses!

Regards,
D

---------- Post added 04-23-2015 at 03:36 PM ----------

Very windy today, but I had to try my Russian 78mm f2.8 triplet projector, not that I've finally adapted it to hollowed out "pinhole" body from Lensbaby and "hooded" inserted into Composer...

These are shot with Nikon D200, had to air it out, has not been used for ages, almost forgot that not having SR built into the body does not forgive the "laziness" of easy shooting on my part

Few to share:
Regards,
D

Very nice & TFS !

I was tinkering about last night and de-glassed a Pentacon 135/2.8 and then inserted the Angénieux Kodak 100/3.5. Here are some very quick samples made this morning, the first at about "f/5.6" and notice the spider webs on the extremities.

I broke the aperture mechanism via a dumb error, but I can still close down the aperture by rotating the front barrel ... don't ask. I goofed, but it stlll works ... I was surprised by the wings of the fly ... here at maybe "f/8". Cheers, J

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 04-25-2015 at 03:37 AM.
04-25-2015, 09:19 AM   #140
Veteran Member

Lots of cool pictures with these projector lenses. So far I have only one such projector lens and I try to restrain myself not to buy more.

What size is Colorplan Leitz 90 / 2.5 lens tube ? The diameter and length. Can it adapt to focus to infinity?
05-03-2015, 06:49 AM - 1 Like   #141
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Another great set of slightly dreamy flowers! A bit early for a visit to the Gardens here yet, but a visit is in order to keep you company with flower pictures

I have an old bellows heading my way, hoping it is in decent order. Looks a bit worn on the pictures, but is supposedly not leaking light... We'll see! Shouldn't be impossible to do some re-sealing if needed.

A bit of a side topic; I wonder if I can pull off something like this (in a less automated way) with my old projector:

Slide Copier
Certainly you could, just look after a lamp which is about 20W or less, otherwise you might fry your cam
05-03-2015, 09:02 AM   #142
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by edri Quote
Lots of cool pictures with these projector lenses. So far I have only one such projector lens and I try to restrain myself not to buy more.

What size is Colorplan Leitz 90 / 2.5 lens tube ? The diameter and length. Can it adapt to focus to infinity?
Salut edri,

Just found a moment to respond ...

My Leitz Colorplan CF 90/2.5 is as follows:

Total length = 86mm
Tube diameter exterior = 47mm
Tube length (not including hood/bezel) = 62mm
Amount of rear tube which could be removed/cut off before reaching rear glass element = about 18mm

On my rig, the Colorplan will only focus from about 50cm away, thus it will not go to infinity. And a possible "maybe" for infinity if the 18mm of the rear tube was removed, but I would be a bit doubtful. But just "maybe" ... hope this helps.

Cheers, J

05-04-2015, 11:15 AM   #143
Veteran Member

Salut,

Thanks for the info.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Salut edri,

Just found a moment to respond ...

My Leitz Colorplan CF 90/2.5 is as follows:

Total length = 86mm
Tube diameter exterior = 47mm
Tube length (not including hood/bezel) = 62mm
Amount of rear tube which could be removed/cut off before reaching rear glass element = about 18mm

On my rig, the Colorplan will only focus from about 50cm away, thus it will not go to infinity. And a possible "maybe" for infinity if the 18mm of the rear tube was removed, but I would be a bit doubtful. But just "maybe" ... hope this helps.

Cheers, J
05-12-2015, 04:28 AM   #144
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Bauer Neovaron 85/2.8 MC

This morning in the front yard before heading off to work ... wide open, J

05-12-2015, 11:40 AM - 1 Like   #145
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Roeschlein-Kreuznach Stellar 85/2.8

I took Charlotte to her dance lesson and then zipped over to Poitiers' Botanical Park. Some of the "wilder" samples ... J
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
05-12-2015, 05:35 PM   #146
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Bokeh a bit like the Soligor 20mm wide open.
05-12-2015, 11:00 PM   #147
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
Bokeh a bit like the Soligor 20mm wide open.
Yes, I was thinking the same thing. "FS999" (Fred) on the K-5 thread posts often images with the Soligor 20 ...
05-13-2015, 02:53 AM   #148
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
"FS999" (Fred) on the K-5 thread posts often images with the Soligor 20 ...
Yes i pop in there from time to time to check then out
05-22-2015, 11:35 PM   #149
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Leitz Dimaron 100/2.8 in a de-glassed Pentacon 135/2.8 body ... "stopped down" to about f/' or f/5.6 ...

05-29-2015, 10:04 AM   #150
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Will-Wetzlar Maginon 100/2.8 inserted into a helicoid ... will far focus to about 4 feet and down to a few inches.

Ending with poppies in the wind ... ha!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo