Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2018, 12:30 AM   #376
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Audi 5 cyl Quote
Love that spider shot!
Thanks! Was good treatment for my arachnophobia...

08-04-2018, 01:17 AM   #377
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jan178 Quote
Something different, bugs!!

Maginon 85mm f/2,8

[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]
Those are really nice ... especially the spider.

Cheers, J
08-04-2018, 01:35 AM - 13 Likes   #378
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I didn't know this club existed, but I can play.

The Schneider-Kreuznach Cinelux-Ultra 125mm is a 70mm cinema (IMAX) projector lens, which has been adapted to the Pentax 645 mount by The Bokeh Factory in Poland. It doesn't have a variable aperture so f/2.0 is all you get.

I looks the bomb:

And takes a fair image:

08-04-2018, 02:08 AM - 1 Like   #379
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
The Schneider-Kreuznach Cinelux-Ultra 125mm is a 70mm cinema (IMAX) projector lens, which has been adapted to the Pentax 645 mount by The Bokeh Factory in Poland. It doesn't have a variable aperture so f/2.0 is all you get.

Oh, wow, that's rendering to die for. I've often wondered about how 70mm motion picture lenses would look on a medium format stills camera, and those shots are a pretty mindblowing proof-of-concept.

08-04-2018, 02:21 AM   #380
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I looks the bomb:

And takes a fair image:

Very nice pictures - thank's for sharing!
08-04-2018, 05:08 AM   #381
Veteran Member

great images Sandy, the leaves are super good
08-04-2018, 07:48 AM   #382
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Nice ones, Sandy! Gear looks amazing, too!

08-04-2018, 08:22 AM - 1 Like   #383
Pentaxian

Original Poster

I looks the bomb:

And takes a fair image:
Wow !!! Sandy, that is excellent and thanks for sharing. I always wanted to see MF via a projection lens ... wow.

Please post more soon and let me look in my lens box of projection lenses ... maybe there's something "big" you could use that I have not yet succeeded with ... Salut, J
08-04-2018, 03:58 PM   #384
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You guys are too kind

I've been thinking of selling off my MF kit, but all this love is making me reconsider....
08-29-2018, 03:12 AM - 3 Likes   #385

:: Frankenlenses

I realise that I am epically late to this party and have arrived here by other means..... (if I have seen further it has been through Frankenlenses whilst standing on the shoulders of giants) and heretically, I am using an Olympus Pen Mini EPM1 MTF

But I have been making Frankenlenses with built-in tilt by using rubber motorcycle gaitors (or boots if you prefer), coupled with an OM/M4/3 adapter and whatever projector lens I can get my hands on for cheap.

Here's a link to one I made recently with a Benoist Berthiot I bought for £5 at the local car boot sale.

Sheriff Of Nothing on Instagram: ?Benoist Berthiot f=50 projection lens! £5 #appscourtfarmcarboot #frankenlens?

You'd be surprised just how securely these things fir together with no real risk of droppage. Furthermore when you squeeze the rubber boot you can shift the focus!

The first picture I took was of the tomatoes I'm growing at the bottom of the garden: Sheriff Of Nothing on Instagram: ?My tomato crop ? as seen through the #frankenlens #micro43rdsbeast #leitz200mm?

I christened them LIMP adapters (for reasons which should be obvious but for which I cannot find suitable meaningful words to represent the acronym) and there's more of them here: Sheriff of Nothing (Search results for: limpadapter)

To make one you need to chop up a standard 50mm/35mm gaitor, a pair of which can be had for £4 via a popular web-based auction house. You can ordinarily get two LIMP adapters per gaitor, so a quid each since they come in pairs.

The camera end of the business will depend on your kit but I have found the OM-M/4/3 to be great since the concertina lip of the boot fits perfectly snugly in place inside the adapter.

The other really cool thing is you can 'guestimate' the focal length of the tube by pulling it towards the sensor, i.e focussing. It's really like pull/push to do the same thing a turn action would do under 'normal' circumstances.
Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
IPhone X  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone X  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone X  Photo   
08-30-2018, 01:30 AM   #386
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sheriffof0 Quote
But I have been making Frankenlenses with built-in tilt by using rubber motorcycle gaitors (or boots if you prefer), coupled with an OM/M4/3 adapter and whatever projector lens I can get my hands on for cheap.
Hah, great idea! Thanks for sharing!
08-30-2018, 11:36 PM   #387
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sheriffof0 Quote
I realise that I am epically late to this party and have arrived here by other means..... (if I have seen further it has been through Frankenlenses whilst standing on the shoulders of giants) and heretically, I am using an Olympus Pen Mini EPM1 MTF

But I have been making Frankenlenses with built-in tilt by using rubber motorcycle gaitors (or boots if you prefer), coupled with an OM/M4/3 adapter and whatever projector lens I can get my hands on for cheap. ...
Yes indeed, that is a great idea and please post some more images here ... I was thinking about a some kind of a rubber hose (like a car's radiator hose) to get some tilt/shift action, but this is much better and should be much easier to manipulate as well ! Thanks, J
09-03-2018, 07:22 AM - 3 Likes   #388

:: More on Frankenlenses

Jean,

Thanks for the encouragement.

I took a really nice shot of a new member of staff at my local pub (at least I'm pleased with it). I used the Berthiot Benoist.

And there's a ghostly, swirly one of my mother I took with the big-assed Zeiss.

And my cat, Little Voice.
Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
E-PM1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-PM1  Photo 
09-04-2018, 08:09 AM - 4 Likes   #389
Pentaxian

Original Poster
K-1 + Rollei Hediosmat 85/2.8 slide projector lens + a 15 blade aperture added and stopped down one click + mounted in a Russian macro bellows ... last image has a small knat

09-04-2018, 09:43 AM - 3 Likes   #390
Pentaxian

Original Poster
K-1 + Pentacon AV 80/2.8 slide projector lens mounted in a de-glassed Helios 44-2 and with aperture set near f/2.8