Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-05-2008, 12:19 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ltd club, here I come

I was moaning about good quality fast lens for a while now.
After posting several threads I had some hard time to decide what to go for. After ruling out zooms with f2.8 because of their bulk I decided to get some prime
I thought it would have been nice to have another Pentax glass since my only one to date was DA18-55. So sorry Sigma fans but it had to be my way
I came very close to getting FA35. Didn't read much bad about and it came first in my recent thread poll. But my heart was telling me something else. So with blessing of my better half, all you in the "limited club" here I come (guess what it was taken with ) - straight out of camera 4mpx ** quality JPG.
- first impressions? : simply great...

Last edited by axl; 07-18-2008 at 02:03 AM.
05-05-2008, 12:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Congrats! I just got mine last week, and so far I love it! The quality is just, WOW.
05-05-2008, 07:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

glad you picked the Limited lens Peter. I had an FA35 but couldn't get over that plastic feeling.
05-05-2008, 07:46 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The limiteds are a treat but man, do they spoil you:-). Your LBA just rose to a new level!

05-05-2008, 09:56 PM   #5

Damn, this waiting is killing me for my 35 LTD. Should be here tomorrow, and I can be in the club as well. Congrats
05-05-2008, 10:43 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Congrats, Peter.
You'll fall in love with it and then the siblings ...it's a destiny
I have the older brother, 43Ltd and love it. Hope can have enough to gather the whole family.
05-06-2008, 01:46 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K100Dave Quote
Damn, this waiting is killing me for my 35 LTD. Should be here tomorrow, and I can be in the club as well. Congrats

same here but i have to wait til thursday !

05-06-2008, 10:52 AM   #8

Well, I have a FA35 and it is really good IMO, but I am still thinking about buying the DA40mm Limited. Do you think having both lenses makes sense? Or is it just a LBA attack?

Greetings from Spain!!
05-06-2008, 03:09 PM   #9
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Eaglerapids Quote
The limiteds are a treat but man, do they spoil you:-). Your LBA just rose to a new level!
I agree there, I promised I won't buy another lens until 2009 unless I won't earn money by photography. But I'm already thinking about DA70 f2.4 ltd and DA21 f3.2 ltd

QuoteOriginally posted by cooldude14es Quote
Well, I have a FA35 and it is really good IMO, but I am still thinking about buying the DA40mm Limited. Do you think having both lenses makes sense? Or is it just a LBA attack?

Greetings from Spain!!
I was torn between those two, I went for 40ltd. I don't know if there is a point of having both. If you have FA35 and want more, get FA43 ltd or FA 50. I think DA40 is too close...
05-06-2008, 03:22 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Not to be crass, but do all LBA posts consist only of pictures of boxes and lenses? I always expect a 'first shot' type post to see a subject of interest, and am frequently disappointed when I don't see any...oh well.
05-06-2008, 06:47 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by d.bradley Quote
Not to be crass, but do all LBA posts consist only of pictures of boxes and lenses? I always expect a 'first shot' type post to see a subject of interest, and am frequently disappointed when I don't see any...oh well.
It's like getting a new car... You wanna show it off, but you don't wanna flog the brand new thing, so you just park it where your friends can see and listen to the 'Ooo's and 'Aaaah's.

05-06-2008, 08:31 PM - 1 Like   #12
Veteran Member

Dedicated to d.bradley

05-06-2008, 08:46 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Axl you should get this snap on cap.
05-06-2008, 08:54 PM   #14
Igilligan

To Axl and D. bradley

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
I was moaning about good quality fast lens for a while now.
After posting several threads I had some hard time to decide what to go for. After ruling out zooms with f2.8 because of their bulk I decided to get some prime
I thought it would have been nice to have another Pentax glass since my only one to date was DA18-55. So sorry Sigma fans but it had to be my way
I came very close to getting FA35. Didn't read much bad about and it came first in my recent thread poll. But my heart was telling me something else. So with blessing of my better half, all you in the "limited club" here I come (guess what it was taken with ) - straight out of camera 4mpx ** quality JPG.
- first impressions? : simply great...
Mine came in yesterday and 30 minutes later my back went out... I think my body was used to the Tamron 28-75 and the lightness thru me off balance...
Got off a few shots and it looks like a great little lens.
Cant wait to see some more from you and Fritz and even from me... the newest DA40er's

Hey come over to my 1st limited LBA post... I did not get a box with mine since it was a used one. haha

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/26760-my-1st-limited-photo-i-am-pain.html
05-06-2008, 09:35 PM   #15

Got mine today as expected, and I can concur with everyone about this lens. It's unbelievable, as a matter of fact I don't think that it will be coming off of the camera for a while.