Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #1621
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,275
QuoteOriginally posted by yeatzee Quote
Well today I was randomly given a bunch of pentax stuff at church by a friend's dad I am friends with on facebook

I got a Pentax ME, an M 50mm F/2, an M 50mm F/1.7 (YES! I DON"T HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER TO REPLACE MY BROKEN ONE! ), an M 135mm F/3.5 (never had a desire for this lens but I'll still give it a shot to impress me) and some other stuff not relevant to the thread (2x TC, a random super close focusing 28mm that I LOVE, an old 80-200mm F/4.5, 2 old flashes, 2 camera bags, a Minolta X-370 with a 28mm, 80-200mm, and 35-70mm lenses, and finally bunch of hoods and caps.)

All of this, and I just bought myself an M 28mm F/3.5

I will have 17 lenses by the end of the week

Anyways pictures to come with the M lenses
The M 135 will excel at portraits. Take a look at this post.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/1047372-post185.html

05-23-2010, 04:15 PM   #1622
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jsherman999's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,241
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by yeatzee Quote
Well today I was randomly given a bunch of pentax stuff at church by a friend's dad I am friends with on facebook

I got a Pentax ME, an M 50mm F/2, an M 50mm F/1.7 (YES! I DON"T HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER TO REPLACE MY BROKEN ONE! ), an M 135mm F/3.5 (never had a desire for this lens but I'll still give it a shot to impress me) and some other stuff not relevant to the thread (2x TC, a random super close focusing 28mm that I LOVE, an old 80-200mm F/4.5, 2 old flashes, 2 camera bags, a Minolta X-370 with a 28mm, 80-200mm, and 35-70mm lenses, and finally bunch of hoods and caps.)

All of this, and I just bought myself an M 28mm F/3.5

I will have 17 lenses by the end of the week

Anyways pictures to come with the M lenses
.

That's about as cool as it gets, congrats Yeatz. Curious, what brand is the 'close focusing 28'?


.
05-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #1623
Veteran Member
yeatzee's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Temecula
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,675
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
The M 135 will excel at portraits. Take a look at this post.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/1047372-post185.html
Yeah I saw that post earlier. Great shot indeed. I guess in just not a fan of the focal length Its in great condition, better than all my other M lenses
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
.

That's about as cool as it gets, congrats Yeatz. Curious, what brand is the 'close focusing 28'?


.
Thanks Jsherman! I'll have to go back and look when I get home...
05-23-2010, 09:14 PM   #1624
Veteran Member
yeatzee's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Temecula
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,675
Oh Jsherman here's the 28mm review (well not really... thats the only word I could think of) I just did....

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/102427-close-f...ml#post1053747

05-24-2010, 09:09 AM   #1625
Senior Member
summonbaka's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kagoshima, Japan
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 237
QuoteOriginally posted by yeatzee Quote
Yeah I saw that post earlier. Great shot indeed. I guess in just not a fan of the focal length Its in great condition, better than all my other M lenses
If you don't mind, I can relieve you from the weight of it.

Keeping to the theme, this is a shot done in almost complete darkness. We'd been going down a road from a mountain for the past 2 hours in the dark and we knew there was something to see from there when we went by up, but we could barely see an outline of the farthest mountain. Since i had no tripod I just put it in a post and guessed a five second exposure. The image is horrible, blurred and noisy but I'm amazed the colors I got counting it was long past the "blue hour".

Pentax M 50/1.7 @f/2? Kodak Gold 400
Attached Images
 
05-25-2010, 08:07 PM   #1626
Veteran Member
henryjing's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 467



Above taken by M50/1.4
Below taken by M28/3.5

05-25-2010, 09:09 PM   #1627
Veteran Member
yeatzee's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Temecula
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,675
I was at my sister's middle school graduation today and to my surprise she used this picture I took of her as her picture for the slide show! She had thousands taken by several different people and she chose that one so I feel slightly honored Its an old shot I took with my K200d during a time when I was exploring the use of high ISO creatively. This was shot with the M 85mm @ F/2 and ISO 1600 (max for the K200d). The file was made to show more noise than normal btw

05-25-2010, 10:04 PM   #1628
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jsherman999's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,241
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by yeatzee Quote
I was at my sister's middle school graduation today and to my surprise she used this picture I took of her as her picture for the slide show! She had thousands taken by several different people and she chose that one so I feel slightly honored Its an old shot I took with my K200d during a time when I was exploring the use of high ISO creatively. This was shot with the M 85mm @ F/2 and ISO 1600 (max for the K200d). The file was made to show more noise than normal btw

.

I think you have a natural talent, fed by a real interest and enthusiasm for the craft. You should probably get used to people seeking out your shots.

(The wedding shots you posted rock btw)

05-25-2010, 10:05 PM   #1629
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jsherman999's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,241
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by henryjing Quote
Below taken by M28/3.5

.

I really like this one, Henry - the casual composition and clarity from the glass.


.
05-25-2010, 11:08 PM   #1630
Veteran Member
yeatzee's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Temecula
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,675
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
.

I think you have a natural talent, fed by a real interest and enthusiasm for the craft. You should probably get used to people seeking out your shots.

(The wedding shots you posted rock btw)
Wow, thanks Jsherman!
05-27-2010, 08:55 AM   #1631
axl
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nove Zamky, Slovakia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,181
Mike

Here is one of my nephew with M85/2 wide open:
05-27-2010, 11:15 AM   #1632
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jsherman999's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,241
Original Poster
Nice

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
Here is one of my nephew with M85/2 wide open:


!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta get that M 85 back on the camera. Problem is, the DA 15ltd controls my mind. I guess I'll have to negotiate with it.



.
05-27-2010, 12:10 PM   #1633
New Member




Join Date: May 2010
Location: Huissen (Netherlands)
Photos: Albums
Posts: 18
I recently bought myself a 50mm 1.7 lens and I must say that focusing is a bit of a challenge yet (my first manual lense) but I'm having a blast with it. I love to use it wide open and experiment with it getting the focusing right, luckily some happy animals are more than willing to pose. I must say I love the sharpness of it


Above some random horse I stumbled upon and our cat Harry.

Ps. first post after being a lurker for some time, enjoying the qualities of others
05-29-2010, 11:37 AM   #1634
axl
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nove Zamky, Slovakia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,181
M85/2
05-29-2010, 01:12 PM   #1635
Pentaxian
8540tomg's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,462
SMC Pentax M 400/5.6



Tom G
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
28mm, background, bokeh, camera, city, colours, contrast, dust, elpolodiablo, flickr, focus, hood, k-5, lens, lenses, light, m50/1.4, park, pentax, pentax lens, photo, picture, pm, post, pp, ps, shot, thanks, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The A Club jake.astig Lens Clubs 3105 17 Hours Ago 03:17 AM
D-FA WR Club Rico Lens Clubs 610 3 Days Ago 10:11 AM
The F Club! jsherman999 Lens Clubs 901 05-27-2019 11:37 AM
Ltd club, here I come axl Lens Clubs 21 12-12-2010 03:06 AM
In the club again metroeloise Post Your Photos! 4 10-20-2008 08:59 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:23 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top