Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2011, 12:06 AM - 1 Like   #2116
Forum Member




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Holliston, MA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 68
One more of my daughter. She really does (usually) love the camera. I can't disagree on the smile, either.

I love the bokeh and sharpness of the M120 -- this is most likely @ f4.

She's quite interested in my camera, actually, and will often insist on taking pictures herself. She can manage to look through the viewfinder and trigger the shutter -- the results, well... it's a good starting point ...

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
01-31-2011, 04:54 AM   #2117
Site Supporter
glee46's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: North of San Francisco, California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 596
Thanks

QuoteOriginally posted by ducdao Quote
Welcome to the DSLR world. There are tons of discussions about how to meter with old Pentax lenses and new Pentax DLSRs. Try a search in this forum using "green button" as keywords.
Hey, thanks so much.. I was putting in all the wrong keywords.. Green button opened up some great links. I'll be posting pics here soon.
01-31-2011, 07:33 AM   #2118
Veteran Member
Designosophy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northeast Philadelphia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,136
Here's a little LBA story about the 50mm f4 macro I just bought yesterday.

I found the lens for an excellent price on Craigslist. I figured the seller either didn't know the value of what he had or really wanted to get rid of it quickly. He had excellent photos of the lens, however, as well as a good description of its characteristics. So I emailed him my interest. No response. A week later, the listing was still up, so I emailed him again. This time, I got a response.

Finally, I met up with him yesterday for the purchase. I asked him what kind of Pentax he used and he said that he didn't - he uses Nikon. I asked if he used the lens with an adapter, and he told me that a Pentax to Nikon adapter would require glass, which would reduce the IQ, so no. I asked why he bought it. His response: Because it looked interesting.

You don't really have LBA until you start buying lenses that you can't use. And, to justify my post in the M club, here are a few photos I snapped with my new lens, just to see if it worked.





And with my cheap teleconverter:
01-31-2011, 07:46 AM   #2119
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,542
QuoteOriginally posted by Designosophy Quote
I asked him what kind of Pentax he used and he said that he didn't - he uses Nikon. I asked if he used the lens with an adapter, and he told me that a Pentax to Nikon adapter would require glass, which would reduce the IQ, so no. I asked why he bought it. His response: Because it looked interesting.

You don't really have LBA until you start buying lenses that you can't use. And, to justify my post in the M club, here are a few photos I snapped with my new lens, just to see if it worked.
Too Funny

Mind you If I saw a smoking price on a lens I couldn't use but I knew I could resell for a good profit I would probably by it and sell it on just to help fund my LBA for items i can use
I wish I could find a healthy market for the old Canon lenses because I keep coming across nice examples of those. No use for them myself, not going to buy a Canon film camera when I already have several film cameras

01-31-2011, 08:04 AM   #2120
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
paulh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW Texas/Ventura County, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,816
QuoteOriginally posted by Designosophy Quote

You don't really have LBA until you start buying lenses that you can't use.
That would make a great sig line

Paul
01-31-2011, 09:26 AM   #2121
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,542
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
That would make a great sig line

Paul
01-31-2011, 11:04 AM   #2122
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
paulh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW Texas/Ventura County, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,816
BillS: wonderful portraits of your daughter - great color, too! Helps to have a photogenic subject

M50 f/2@2.8 (xposted to bokeh thread)



Paul

02-01-2011, 12:18 PM   #2123
New Member




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 6
Here are a few pictures taken with the famous pancake lens.

Although some find it more a cult lens, I am always very pleased with the result that this lens produces.

Pictures taken on a lovely summer day in the park.

Attachment 82377
Attachment 82378
Name:  IMGP3754.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  320.9 KB

Pentax K10D Pentax-M SMC 40mm 2.8
02-01-2011, 11:22 PM   #2124
Veteran Member
Steinback's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: GTA, ON, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,673
@ mglowe - I'm not seeing your linked photos in firefox or explorer. How are you hosting/uploading your photos?
02-02-2011, 07:38 AM   #2125
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,542
Last day of Single in january I decided to shoot a Film shot to show the full FOV of the SMCM 28 f3.5
1/30 sec f8.0 Pentax KM Fuji Pro 400H

02-02-2011, 07:39 AM   #2126
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,542
QuoteOriginally posted by Steinback Quote
@ mglowe - I'm not seeing your linked photos in firefox or explorer. How are you hosting/uploading your photos?

If they are hosted here mglowe they need to be set to public
02-02-2011, 09:52 AM   #2127
Veteran Member
Designosophy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northeast Philadelphia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,136
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Too Funny

Mind you If I saw a smoking price on a lens I couldn't use but I knew I could resell for a good profit I would probably by it and sell it on just to help fund my LBA for items i can use.
Well, that's just being rational!
02-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #2128
Inactive Account




Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 2,542
QuoteOriginally posted by Designosophy Quote
Here's a little LBA story about the 50mm f4 macro I just bought yesterday.

I found the lens for an excellent price on Craigslist. I figured the seller either didn't know the value of what he had or really wanted to get rid of it quickly. He had excellent photos of the lens, however, as well as a good description of its characteristics. So I emailed him my interest. No response. A week later, the listing was still up, so I emailed him again. This time, I got a response.

Finally, I met up with him yesterday for the purchase. I asked him what kind of Pentax he used and he said that he didn't - he uses Nikon. I asked if he used the lens with an adapter, and he told me that a Pentax to Nikon adapter would require glass, which would reduce the IQ, so no. I asked why he bought it. His response: Because it looked interesting.

You don't really have LBA until you start buying lenses that you can't use. And, to justify my post in the M club, here are a few photos I snapped with my new lens, just to see if it worked.
If it was listed in the Philly area Craigslist, I saw that and YES, fantastic price but I could never get the person to answer emails (for weeks). From the way it looked on Craigslist, it was def minty. Great lens and a great price! Rick
02-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #2129
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
paulh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW Texas/Ventura County, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,816
Cool & Refreshing

I have new respect for my old faithful M50 f/2 - braving the 17F temps to get this shot




Paul

Last edited by paulh; 02-02-2011 at 02:19 PM.
02-02-2011, 12:33 PM   #2130
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,542
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
I have new respect for my old faithful M50 f/2 - braving the 17F temps to get this shot


Paul
ha
my 28 3.5 saw -33 Celsius (-27.5 F) in January to no ill effect (on the lens anyway i'm another story)for an extended period (out for a couple of hours shooting)
Got to be a hell of a shock to get that temp in Texas though
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
28mm, background, bokeh, camera, city, colours, contrast, dust, elpolodiablo, flickr, focus, hood, k-5, lens, lenses, light, m50/1.4, park, pentax, pentax lens, photo, picture, pm, post, pp, ps, shot, thanks, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The A Club jake.astig Lens Clubs 3824 1 Day Ago 11:04 PM
D-FA WR Club Rico Lens Clubs 640 4 Days Ago 05:43 AM
The F Club! jsherman999 Lens Clubs 1057 11-22-2021 03:26 PM
Ltd club, here I come axl Lens Clubs 21 12-12-2010 03:06 AM
In the club again metroeloise Post Your Photos! 4 10-20-2008 08:59 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:55 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top