Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #2251
Inactive Account

m 35/2.8

It's been a struggle coaxing decent images out of this 35/2.8... it just seems like my poor little lens lost something, or has been dropped, or I'm fooling around too too much with camera settings...

Details

Details

Details

Details - Thanks, Rick

03-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #2252
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by theunartist Quote
m 35/2.8

It's been a struggle coaxing decent images out of this 35/2.8... it just seems like my poor little lens lost something, or has been dropped, or I'm fooling around too too much with camera settings...
Yeah, right. Quite a struggle. Well, if you get tired of fighting the thing, I'll be happy to take it off your hands for further evaluation. Let me know

Paul
03-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #2253

Photos: Albums
M 35 2.8

to unartist 35/2.8

You know, the more I look at your shots with the M 35 2.8, the more I'm sure they share the exact characteristics of the photos I got from the Raynette 35 2.8 screwmount. I wonder if there might have been some cross over optics between companies somehow concerning this particular 35. If you google Raynette 35 2.8, one of the three or four top pages give a clue to this possibility if memory serves me correct. I struggled with that Raynette.
03-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #2254
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Yeah, right. Quite a struggle. Well, if you get tired of fighting the thing, I'll be happy to take it off your hands for further evaluation. Let me know

Paul
Thanks, Paul!

LOL... "it's not the lens it's me", well that's pretty close to how it turned out. For about a month, I've been playing around with a k10 exclusively, all my shots looked Ok but not quite there, frustrating!!! I thought the 35 (on the k10) went bad or wasn't what I remembered. Today, I went back to my k-m and the lens looks good again... but it had been so long that I struggled to get the metering just right.

Found out the Focusing Screen on the k10 is out of whack, and needs a new one. To make a long story short, I decided to "lower the focusing screen and blow off" as much debris as I could, I actually blew it all the way to the floor... so now, I have no choice but to order up a new one!!!

03-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #2255
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by mglowe Quote
to unartist 35/2.8

You know, the more I look at your shots with the M 35 2.8, the more I'm sure they share the exact characteristics of the photos I got from the Raynette 35 2.8 screwmount. I wonder if there might have been some cross over optics between companies somehow concerning this particular 35. If you google Raynette 35 2.8, one of the three or four top pages give a clue to this possibility if memory serves me correct. I struggled with that Raynette.
Hey Mike, haven't found anything yet but will look further. What I did find is the word "rare" everytime the Raynette 35 was mentioned... Rick
03-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #2256
Pentaxian

nice fotos theunartist. I jus have to add here something similar, wich is still an opposite to a picture of fence..

Shot with M 50/1.4
03-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #2257
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by theunartist Quote
Thanks, Paul!

LOL... "it's not the lens it's me", well that's pretty close to how it turned out. For about a month, I've been playing around with a k10 exclusively, all my shots looked Ok but not quite there, frustrating!!! I thought the 35 (on the k10) went bad or wasn't what I remembered. Today, I went back to my k-m and the lens looks good again... but it had been so long that I struggled to get the metering just right.

Found out the Focusing Screen on the k10 is out of whack, and needs a new one. To make a long story short, I decided to "lower the focusing screen and blow off" as much debris as I could, I actually blew it all the way to the floor... so now, I have no choice but to order up a new one!!!
Ah yes, the K10/20 metering problem I'm a victim as well, having just bought a K10 myself. A little disappointing, since my istD seems to nail exposure every time, and the K10 is kinda all over the place. Time for a new focusing screen, like a split-prism or *ist screen, or adapt to the metering. Lowell Goudge (sp?) in the forums has some good documentation on it - check out those threads if you haven't already. btw, my offer to adopt your 'ailing' m35 still stands

Paul

Last edited by paulh; 03-04-2011 at 01:58 PM.
03-04-2011, 02:53 PM   #2258
Inactive Account

Ah yes, the K10/20 metering problem I'm a victim as well, having just bought a K10 myself. A little disappointing, since my istD seems to nail exposure every time, and the K10 is kinda all over the place. Time for a new focusing screen, like a split-prism or *ist screen, or adapt to the metering. Lowell Goudge (sp?) in the forums has some good documentation on it - check out those threads if you haven't already. btw, my offer to adopt your 'ailing' m35 still stands

Paul
I hear you about the metering issues, my k10 goes crazy when I use a Takumar. I noticed right away that the k-mount m lenses worked infinitely better, albeit, still at least 1 stop off but better than the mystery I was getting on the Taks...

m 35/2.8

I like this... located at an Elementary School in Hampden, it's a "relief" type sculpture...

Details - Thanks, Rick

03-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #2259
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
nice fotos theunartist. I jus have to add here something similar, wich is still an opposite to a picture of fence..

Shot with M 50/1.4
Thanks and Nice one as well! I can just imagine how hard it is to close focus the 50/1.4, that probably has such a thin Depth of Field...
03-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #2260
Inactive Account

m 200/4.0

Haven't used this lens at all recently, and I'm stunned, this 200 is pretty sharp with good color and contrast. All handheld @ ISO 320...

Details

Details

Details - Thanks, Rick
03-05-2011, 02:15 AM   #2261
Pentaxian

it is tricky to closefocus(takes few attemps...).

That m200/4 looks definetly sharp and colorful.
03-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #2262
Site Supporter

Heres another one from Treasure Beach and the M28 VII wide-open (EDIT: I think), no pp.

This time I used Picasa rather than MS Paint to rezise (I know, I know...) obviously it works much better with less artifacts...

Last edited by Deimos; 04-18-2012 at 02:24 PM.
03-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #2263
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
Heres another one from Treasure Beach and the M28 VII wide-open, no pp.

This time I used Picasa rather than MS Paint to rezise (I know, I know...) obviously it works much better with less artifacts...
Very nice & good detail wide-open.
Here's another M50 f/2 shot:

Paul

Last edited by paulh; 03-05-2011 at 09:34 AM.
03-05-2011, 09:41 AM   #2264
Site Supporter

Very nice & good detail wide-open.
Here's another M50 f/2 shot:

Paul
Nice. Not bad at all for a cheap old kit lens I like the lighting
03-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #2265

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
Heres another one from Treasure Beach and the M28 VII wide-open, no pp.

This is a very nice landscape. The lighting is beautiful and the composition is fluid and lyrical. Shooting wide open, as you say, worked fine for this photo. Do you usually stop that lens down when shooting landscapes?
Paulh, the bridge shot is beautifully lit (or lighted) and sharp also.

Last edited by mglowe; 03-05-2011 at 10:58 AM.