Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2011, 07:50 AM   #2371
Pentaxian
paulh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW Texas/Ventura County, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,581
QuoteOriginally posted by mglowe Quote
M 28 2.8

Congress Street Bridge over the Colorado River. Austin, Texas
Very nice shot! For those who don't know, this is the famous Congress St. bridge where the 'bat-watchers' go on summer nights to see thousands of bats fly up from there.

Rick: Yeah, that bull is real, there's a handler off to the side watching & taking donations for the chance to pose on him. Hey, it is 'Cowtown' after all The Stockyards is kind of a touristy area of Fort Worth focusing on the "cowboy culture". They even have cattle drives in the streets - more for show than the real thing, tho.....




Last edited by paulh; 03-16-2011 at 08:30 AM.
03-16-2011, 07:56 AM   #2372
Pentaxian
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,875
smcm 50 f1.7
St Paddy's warm up at the pub


03-16-2011, 08:42 AM   #2373
Inactive Account




Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 2,542
m 50/1.7

The current economic situation is difficult

Details - Thanks, Rick
03-16-2011, 08:53 AM   #2374
Inactive Account




Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 2,542
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
smcm 50 f1.7
St Paddy's warm up at the pub


Nice one Eddie and the Bokeh is beautiful... I'm already tired of Corned Beef and Cabbage but don't mind the "Other" festivities though...

03-16-2011, 09:02 AM   #2375
Pentaxian
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,875
QuoteOriginally posted by theunartist Quote
Nice one Eddie and the Bokeh is beautiful... I'm already tired of Corned Beef and Cabbage but don't mind the "Other" festivities though...
Thanks, this was Saturday for a full Irish breakfast (bacon,sausage,black pudding,beans eggs soda bread mushrooms tomato) a nice pint and FA cup (the green bokeh at the top), i'll skip the week the place becomes a madhouse

back this saturday for seconds and more football

Nice shot of what is an increasingly common scam (to expensive for a newpaper ad i guess)
03-16-2011, 01:37 PM   #2376
Inactive Account




Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 2,542
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Thanks, this was Saturday for a full Irish breakfast (bacon,sausage,black pudding,beans eggs soda bread mushrooms tomato) a nice pint and FA cup (the green bokeh at the top), i'll skip the week the place becomes a madhouse

back this saturday for seconds and more football

Nice shot of what is an increasingly common scam (to expensive for a newpaper ad i guess)
Is the Black Pudding what I think it is?

m 28/2.8 (x-posted)

Details - Thanks, Rick
03-16-2011, 02:41 PM   #2377
Forum Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pijnacker
Posts: 79
Bookstore



An easy day @ the Bookstore with the M 50mm 1.7
03-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #2378
Pentaxian
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,875
QuoteOriginally posted by theunartist Quote
Is the Black Pudding what I think it is?

m 28/2.8 (x-posted)

Details - Thanks, Rick
Yep it is
And the pub makes their own
Quite tasty

03-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #2379
Pentaxian
cardinal43's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Virginia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,410
QuoteOriginally posted by theunartist Quote
I was once in the DFW area for what I can't remember, but at a "bar" we went to, they walked a live "Bull" around when midnight struck; tame enough to pet it etc. It was the oddest thing I ever saw...
Sounds like "Billy Bob's Texas". They had a regular size rodeo arena inside the place. I was there a couple of times while working in the DFW area. I remember seeing a sign in one of the bars (there were several in the one building) that read..."The way to tell the difference between a Texan and a cowboy is that the cowboy has the bull sh*t on the outside of his boots."
03-16-2011, 06:52 PM   #2380
Inactive Account




Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 2,542
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Sounds like "Billy Bob's Texas". They had a regular size rodeo arena inside the place. I was there a couple of times while working in the DFW area. I remember seeing a sign in one of the bars (there were several in the one building) that read..."The way to tell the difference between a Texan and a cowboy is that the cowboy has the bull sh*t on the outside of his boots."
That's the one!!! All I can remember is that "Bull" (could've been a calf/cow, half drunk people from the Northeast wouldn't have known the difference at that very moment) being walked around the bar and people petting it...

m35/2.8
03-17-2011, 12:17 AM   #2381
Inactive Account




Join Date: May 2010
Location: Queensland
Posts: 20
Grabbed this one a couple of weeks ago when iron maiden were here.


M 50/1.7 @ f4.0, ISO800 1/160th

Pretty happy with it since I was being smashed around in the pit a few rows from the front barrier
03-17-2011, 01:11 AM   #2382
Forum Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pijnacker
Posts: 79
Wicked stuff Madhatter!
03-17-2011, 09:04 AM   #2383
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
burzum's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 132
QuoteOriginally posted by Madhatter_ Quote
Grabbed this one a couple of weeks ago when iron maiden were here.


M 50/1.7 @ f4.0, ISO800 1/160th

Pretty happy with it since I was being smashed around in the pit a few rows from the front barrier
Iron Maiden \m/ ... Great shot of a GREAT Band \m/
03-17-2011, 09:23 AM   #2384
Veteran Member
fearview's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Jakarta
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,067
its been awhile since my last post here..



MX + M 50 1.7 + Fuji NPS160 @800
03-18-2011, 05:38 AM   #2385
Pentaxian
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,875
a couple from the last few days. M50 f1.7, SOOC shots using in camera b/w, ir filter +1 sepia











Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
28mm, background, bokeh, camera, city, colours, contrast, dust, elpolodiablo, flickr, focus, hood, k-5, lens, lenses, light, m50/1.4, park, pentax, pentax lens, photo, picture, pm, post, pp, ps, shot, thanks, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The A Club jake.astig Lens Clubs 3093 2 Hours Ago 03:50 PM
The F Club! jsherman999 Lens Clubs 900 05-19-2019 06:34 AM
D-FA WR Club Rico Lens Clubs 609 05-08-2019 02:50 AM
Ltd club, here I come axl Lens Clubs 21 12-12-2010 03:06 AM
In the club again metroeloise Post Your Photos! 4 10-20-2008 08:59 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:29 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top