Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8835 Likes Search this Thread
07-16-2011, 06:27 AM   #2686
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by theunartist Quote
Paul, great colors and oh so smooth bokeh from your zoom!
Thanks Rick, I'm really liking this lens so far.

daVinci - I like the b/w street scene - nice shot.

07-16-2011, 07:53 PM   #2687

M50 f1.7

A few days ago I decided to buy some new lenses for my Kx and I decided to go old school, so I bought an M50 1.7 on ebay.
I received the lens last Thursday and I never used before a full manual lens, but I think I'm doing fine, what you guys think?

07-21-2011, 06:54 AM   #2688

Photos: Gallery
SMC Pentax M 20 F4 on Pentax K20d

07-21-2011, 07:43 AM   #2689
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Trieste Quote
A few days ago I decided to buy some new lenses for my Kx and I decided to go old school, so I bought an M50 1.7 on ebay.
I received the lens last Thursday and I never used before a full manual lens, but I think I'm doing fine, what you guys think?
Nicely done, clean crisp images!

QuoteOriginally posted by dfujevec Quote
Really love the 1st one!

07-21-2011, 01:24 PM   #2690
Pentaxian

M 50/1.4 I can't remember maybe @2.8..?!
Anyway.

07-21-2011, 09:00 PM   #2691
Veteran Member

M85 f/2

My first few shots with Jay's favourite lens. I am having tough time trying to learn as this is my first manual lens. Trying to understand how the metering works.

Shot this morning before the harshness of sun could take over. I didn't spend much time on PP but quickly used 'Photopad Image Editor' and applied auto levels.

Arch

Bloom

Recycle

07-22-2011, 03:38 AM   #2692
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sany Quote
My first few shots with Jay's favourite lens. I am having tough time trying to learn as this is my first manual lens. Trying to understand how the metering works.

Shot this morning before the harshness of sun could take over. I didn't spend much time on PP but quickly used 'Photopad Image Editor' and applied auto levels.

Arch

Bloom

Recycle
Looks good. You´ve successfully captured the 3D rendering that the 85/2 does so well. What apertures were used for these, if you remember?

07-22-2011, 05:27 AM   #2693
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Looks good. You´ve successfully captured the 3D rendering that the 85/2 does so well. What apertures were used for these, if you remember?
Thanks, I never realised the aperture would not have been recorded - was just imagining when i open my raw i will come to know - until you asked. Had I known I would have marked it precisely which I will do next time for sure, having said that I am sure the first image was shot at f8, but from what I could recollect 'bloom' and the 'recycle' were at f2.8.

I have some questions and concern: What you see is after PP, isn't it possible to get this straight out of the camera - it had always been around -EV, I am also a newbie to manual so that is also a big reason. Since I used PP somehow I am fully not happy in what I have done - I want that effect straight out of my first click.

Also, I am noticing two things in the 'M' lens usage on my dslr, just wanted to know it that is normal. I am able to meter on the press of 'green' button and noticed the same happens when i press the '+/-' button - is this normal?

Also generally in Manual mode while using a for example the DA lens, I can see the EV compensation scale reading. But with 'M' lens the EV comp scale is there but no reading - so while adjusting the shutter speed or aperture i can't see anything on the scale, is this also normal? ( I presume so)

thanks
S
07-22-2011, 05:36 AM   #2694
Veteran Member

Thanks, I never realised the aperture would not have been recorded - was just imagining when i open my raw i will come to know - until you asked.
This is normal, unfortunately since you are stop-down metering the camera has no way of knowing your aperture.

Also, I am noticing two things in the 'M' lens usage on my dslr, just wanted to know it that is normal. I am able to meter on the press of 'green' button and noticed the same happens when i press the '+/-' button - is this normal?
Yes. Although I have not used a Kr, I have a K10D and pressing the +/- button does not meter, pressing the Green Button is the way Pentax allows you to use old lenses.

Also generally in Manual mode while using a for example the DA lens, I can see the EV compensation scale reading. But with 'M' lens the EV comp scale is there but no reading - so while adjusting the shutter speed or aperture i can't see anything on the scale, is this also normal? ( I presume so)

thanks
S
Unfortunately, this is also normal. On the K10D and other models with the depth of field preview as a third setting on the on/off switch, you can hold down the DOF preview and you can see the EV compensation scale reading as you change settings. I use this instead of the Green Button.

However, there is not DOF preview on the Kr, so I don't know what you can do. Will holding down the +/- button work?
07-22-2011, 07:08 AM   #2695
Inactive Account

Panasonic m4/3 + M 35/2.8

07-23-2011, 02:13 PM   #2696

Photos: Albums
M50 1.7

M50 1.7 on Samsung NX100

Last edited by iTod; 07-23-2011 at 02:14 PM. Reason: wrong html tag
07-27-2011, 01:04 PM   #2697

SMC Pentax M 20 f4 on a wide open walk in Trieste

07-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #2698
Veteran Member

Hi, everybody.

Here's a night shot taken from a restaurant in Rockaway Beach, N.Y., looking across Jamaica Bay towards New York City.

I wish the sky was dark blue or black, but this is what you get when you take low light shots during a hot, humid July evening.

Empire State Building on the left, Citigroup Center on the right.

Pentax 100mm M macro @ f5.6 @ .5 seconds.

Mike
07-27-2011, 04:41 PM   #2699
Veteran Member

Original Poster

Arch

Bloom

Recycle
Nice Sany, especially like bloom.

07-27-2011, 04:42 PM   #2700
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dfujevec Quote

Great set! My 2nd-favorite M!