Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-25-2014, 03:11 AM   #4471
Veteran Member
Cabessius's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ibiza, Spain
Posts: 471
M 28mm f3.5 (first day of use) - 20 euros buy-it-now bargain





M 135mm f3.5 (one of my favourites) - 15,20 euros last second bid





Last edited by Cabessius; 07-25-2014 at 03:23 AM.
07-25-2014, 08:16 AM   #4472
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Canada_Rockies's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sparwood, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,199
QuoteOriginally posted by Cabessius Quote
M 28mm f3.5 (first day of use) - 20 euros buy-it-now bargain
M 135mm f3.5 (one of my favourites) - 15,20 euros last second bid
With my film KX the lens kit was those two plus the K 55/1.8. All three were fine lenses. Nice work with the new toy.
07-26-2014, 05:46 PM   #4473
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,637
M28 f2.8, local ambulance


07-27-2014, 04:06 AM - 1 Like   #4474
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,637
M28 f2.8 on K-30, Aroma Festival in Sydney








And a set of monochrome street shots














Last edited by elpolodiablo; 07-27-2014 at 04:38 AM.
07-27-2014, 07:48 AM   #4475
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
paulh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW Texas/Ventura County, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,808
QuoteOriginally posted by elpolodiablo Quote
M28 f2.8 on K-30, Aroma Festival in Sydney

great set of shots.
07-27-2014, 01:54 PM   #4476
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wiltshire/Hampshire
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,760
M50/1.4 wide-open.

Love this lens:


07-27-2014, 05:45 PM   #4477
Veteran Member
Jorgario's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Josť
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,769
I bought a Pentax leather bag very good price and it came with a K1000 and an M50mm f2. I went to the park yesterday and play with this lens, though I have the 1.7 and 1.4 ... In fact, there a very few cases when you really need 1.7 or 1.4 ...



07-27-2014, 07:00 PM   #4478
Veteran Member
Dewman's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Idaho
Posts: 5,369
QuoteOriginally posted by Jorgario Quote
I bought a Pentax leather bag very good price and it came with a K1000 and an M50mm f2. I went to the park yesterday and play with this lens, though I have the 1.7 and 1.4 ... In fact, there a very few cases when you really need 1.7 or 1.4 ...

Very nice sharpness and bokeh in your photo, Jorgario. I love bronze sculptures. Last week, I had the good fortune to visit a park on the Snake River about 25 miles from my home and took this shot with a Sears 28mm, f:2.8 macro-focusing manual lens. Other than some basic test shots right after I bought it, it's the only time I've used it.

I hate that the yellow streak was in the background. It's very distracting. I tried to remove it in Photoshop with terrible results! In your photo, I'll bet you wished you could remove the light pole in the background, as well.

Dewman
SW Idaho

Last edited by Dewman; 03-25-2015 at 04:35 PM.
07-27-2014, 07:33 PM   #4479
Veteran Member
Jorgario's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Josť
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,769
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
Very nice sharpness and bokeh in your photo, Jorgario.
Thanks, Dewman ...

QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
Last week, I had the good fortune to visit a park on the Snake River about 25 miles from my home and took this shot with a Sears 28mm, f:2.8 macro-focusing manual lens. Other than some basic test shots right after I bought it, it's the only time I've used it. I hate that the yellow streak was in the background. It's very distracting. I tried to remove it in Photoshop with terrible results! In your photo, I'll bet you wished you could remove the light pole in the background, as well.
You got a beautifull and sharp image as well ... You got an interesting repetead sculpture bokeh with your green trees and blue sky ... But the yellow (no passing line, I guess) it is disturbing ... Perhaps recomposing your picture in order to have your repetead sculpture bokeh more on the left can help your picture ... You have an excuse to return to your park, after all 25 milles is not that mouch to take a nice picture ...

Cheers, Jorgario.

---------- Post added 07-27-14 at 08:56 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
I'll bet you wished you could remove the light pole in the background, as well.
I was not really disturbed by this (flag) pole and it was difficult to get rid of because I had two of these and I tried to recompose in order to have a sky convergence points but in the following picture:



This last one was taken with the M 50mm f1.4

Last edited by Jorgario; 07-27-2014 at 07:58 PM.
07-28-2014, 12:47 AM   #4480
Veteran Member
Dewman's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Idaho
Posts: 5,369
QuoteOriginally posted by Jorgario Quote
Thanks, Dewman ...



You got a beautifull and sharp image as well ... You got an interesting repetead sculpture bokeh with your green trees and blue sky ... But the yellow (no passing line, I guess) it is disturbing ... Perhaps recomposing your picture in order to have your repetead sculpture bokeh more on the left can help your picture ... You have an excuse to return to your park, after all 25 milles is not that mouch to take a nice picture ...

Cheers, Jorgario.

---------- Post added 07-27-14 at 08:56 PM ----------



I was not really disturbed by this (flag) pole and it was difficult to get rid of because I had two of these and I tried to recompose in order to have a sky convergence points but in the following picture:



This last one was taken with the M 50mm f1.4
An excellent, ingenious solution to the slight problem with the poles! Great job, my man! Good composition, too. The yellow gizmo in my photo really bothered me, so I made it "go away." You can tell that I tinkered with it, but at least your eyes aren't immediately drawn away from the subject like before!

Dewman
SW Idaho

Last edited by Dewman; 03-25-2015 at 04:35 PM.
07-28-2014, 04:38 AM - 3 Likes   #4481
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,637
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
great set of shots.
Thanks

If you are in Sydney you might have already know it, sunset today was fantastic, I only caught the last bit of it. M28 f2.8


07-28-2014, 11:09 PM - 3 Likes   #4482
Senior Member
LeGuillotine's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Finland, Kotka
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 183
More with M40-80 + 20mm extension


07-28-2014, 11:27 PM   #4483
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: former Arsenal football stadium
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 428
QuoteOriginally posted by elpolodiablo Quote
M28 f2.8 on K-30, Aroma Festival in Sydney

And a set of monochrome street shots



As you demonstrate, 28mm works really well as a walk around FL on APS-C. Some years ago, I had the FA28 and stupidly sold it when I bought the DA21. Now I have both the M and K 28/3.5s, and you could just about do a whole trip just with either of them.

Tim
07-29-2014, 03:00 AM   #4484
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,637
QuoteOriginally posted by timo Quote
As you demonstrate, 28mm works really well as a walk around FL on APS-C. Some years ago, I had the FA28 and stupidly sold it when I bought the DA21. Now I have both the M and K 28/3.5s, and you could just about do a whole trip just with either of them.

Tim
It is indeed great fun, I already have a F28 f2.8 and FA31 Limited, but the Single challenge with this little M28 2.8 really bonded me with the FL, if Pentax ever bring out a digital FF the first lens I am going to slap on it and run out of the door will be my FA43Limited, if you see what I mean

I love shooting with these wide/normal FL for street so much that I just bought a Sigma AF 24 f2.8II on ebay like 2 hours ago, hopefully it comes in in time for August, I wanna see if I can live with the classic 35mm equivalent FL.

A little something for my Single Challenge today, again with M28 f2.8



Last edited by elpolodiablo; 07-29-2014 at 03:07 AM.
07-30-2014, 12:50 AM   #4485
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,637
M28 f2.8, colour this time



Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
28mm, background, bokeh, camera, city, colours, contrast, dust, elpolodiablo, flickr, focus, hood, k-5, lens, lenses, light, m50/1.4, park, pentax, pentax lens, photo, picture, pm, post, pp, ps, shot, thanks, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
D-FA WR Club Rico Lens Clubs 640 2 Days Ago 05:43 AM
The A Club jake.astig Lens Clubs 3822 11-22-2021 10:56 PM
The F Club! jsherman999 Lens Clubs 1057 11-22-2021 03:26 PM
Ltd club, here I come axl Lens Clubs 21 12-12-2010 03:06 AM
In the club again metroeloise Post Your Photos! 4 10-20-2008 08:59 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:54 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top