Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2019, 02:44 PM - 1 Like   #7186
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Near Vienna, Austria
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,386
QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
I did love that camera; for all the same reasons as my current K-3....K-7 with M75-150
Last one is my favourite.

04-26-2019, 06:31 PM   #7187
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
CharLac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Ottawa
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,791
QuoteOriginally posted by wkraus Quote
Last one is my favourite.
Thanks!
04-26-2019, 09:06 PM - 5 Likes   #7188
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter
iheiramo's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Espoo
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,464
Spring is coming to ski resort:

K1ii M35/2.8:








K1ii M120/2.8:




04-27-2019, 05:07 PM - 4 Likes   #7189
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
paulh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW Texas/Ventura County, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,851
Jeannie exploring a small pond near the freeway - M28/3.5 on *ist D:


04-28-2019, 05:18 PM - 1 Like   #7190
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2012
Photos: Albums
Posts: 229
Eyes of a Child

M50mm 1.7 + AF1.7Adapter

Taken through an unclean window and cropped. Love this lens.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by MKohoutek; 04-28-2019 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Correction to lens description
04-29-2019, 11:39 AM - 7 Likes   #7191
Pentaxian
jcdoss's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Moving Soon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,336


A Man Fishes and Floats with his Dog
K-1 mII, M50f1.7
I missed focus a little, but still liked this image enough to keep it.
04-30-2019, 01:42 AM - 7 Likes   #7192
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter
iheiramo's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Espoo
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,464
...And I'm done with the april single in challenge. Time to do the wrap up.

K1ii is awesome! Last month I liked what I produced with M35/2.8 and K5, but with K1ii it's all clearly better. It was a good decicion to go on with the same lens to see how camera's compare. I can't say how much of the difference is due to sencor size and pixel count, I think both paly their part, but there is so much more finesse and fine detail in the final shots. There's no turning back for me. I've been thinking on selling K5 as I don't see myself using it much after this, but in the end decided to keep it for the extra battery and charger. There's just no money in selling it. And more cameras is better when I shoot our windsurf club's competitions.

The lens itself work just as well in FF as in crop. Didn't find any negative side in step to FF. When stopped down for landscape the corners are sharp enough for me. Wide open for bokeh it doesn't matter as I don't tend to compose target into corner. This is a good lens, but I think I'm still going to sell it now. I just can't see the need for two M35 lenses and f2 is the one I'm going to keep.

In may challenge I shoot with M*300/4. After two months with wide it's time to go for long. Also it was my first lens in SIC, so it's been a while since I used it.

Shots from the month. I would like to post more, but have to put some limit to size of the post. You can find the rest in the album: SIC 2019 04 Pentax M35/2.8 FF | Flickr

Wide open


f4


f5.6


f8


f8


f8


f11


f16


05-03-2019, 08:02 AM - 4 Likes   #7193
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
djb47's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lenoir, NC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 974
Loropetalum *ist DS2 Pentax M50/f2.0

05-03-2019, 09:35 AM   #7194
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Canada_Rockies's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sparwood, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,200
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
...And I'm done with the april single in challenge. Time to do the wrap up.

K1ii is awesome! Last month I liked what I produced with M35/2.8 and K5, but with K1ii it's all clearly better. It was a good decicion to go on with the same lens to see how camera's compare. I can't say how much of the difference is due to sencor size and pixel count, I think both paly their part, but there is so much more finesse and fine detail in the final shots. There's no turning back for me. I've been thinking on selling K5 as I don't see myself using it much after this, but in the end decided to keep it for the extra battery and charger. There's just no money in selling it. And more cameras is better when I shoot our windsurf club's competitions.

The lens itself work just as well in FF as in crop. Didn't find any negative side in step to FF. When stopped down for landscape the corners are sharp enough for me. Wide open for bokeh it doesn't matter as I don't tend to compose target into corner. This is a good lens, but I think I'm still going to sell it now. I just can't see the need for two M35 lenses and f2 is the one I'm going to keep.

In may challenge I shoot with M*300/4. After two months with wide it's time to go for long. Also it was my first lens in SIC, so it's been a while since I used it.

Shots from the month. I would like to post more, but have to put some limit to size of the post. You can find the rest in the album: SIC 2019 04 Pentax M35/2.8 FF | Flickr
The trampoline shot is nothing short of superb, my friend, superb.
05-03-2019, 12:56 PM   #7195
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter
iheiramo's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Espoo
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,464
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
The trampoline shot is nothing short of superb, my friend, superb.
Thanks. Took a lot of frames and there were also other good ones, but this stood out with height combined to floating feeling and nice smile
05-05-2019, 07:32 AM - 5 Likes   #7196
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 8,367
M 85mm f/2


IMG_1118a
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Same lens wide open to make a Brenizer effect photo.


Fountain Brenizer
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr
05-05-2019, 03:13 PM - 2 Likes   #7197
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
paulh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW Texas/Ventura County, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,851
A fork in the road - M28/3.5 on *ist D:
05-05-2019, 03:52 PM - 1 Like   #7198
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Canada_Rockies's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sparwood, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,200
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
A fork in the road - M28/3.5 on *ist D:
Decisions, Decisions.
05-05-2019, 05:30 PM - 1 Like   #7199
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
ivanvernon's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Medina, OH
Photos: Albums
Posts: 6,453
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
A fork in the road - M28/3.5 on *ist D:
As Yogi Berra said, when you come to a fork in the road, take it.
05-05-2019, 05:52 PM - 1 Like   #7200
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
paulh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW Texas/Ventura County, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,851
QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
As Yogi Berra said, when you come to a fork in the road, take it.
I almost captioned the photo with that quote.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
28mm, background, bokeh, camera, city, colours, contrast, dust, elpolodiablo, flickr, focus, hood, k-5, lens, lenses, light, m50/1.4, park, pentax, pentax lens, photo, picture, pm, post, pp, ps, shot, thanks, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The F Club! jsherman999 Lens Clubs 1060 2 Hours Ago 08:58 AM
The A Club jake.astig Lens Clubs 3824 5 Days Ago 11:04 PM
D-FA WR Club Rico Lens Clubs 640 11-29-2021 05:43 AM
Ltd club, here I come axl Lens Clubs 21 12-12-2010 03:06 AM
In the club again metroeloise Post Your Photos! 4 10-20-2008 08:59 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:43 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top