Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2019, 01:09 AM   #7261
Junior Member




Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Now in Victoria
Posts: 27
Greg, that photo contains some great lessons. Correct camera settings, interesting composition, taking a photo when you see it and not waiting for something better and getting out and about because you could just be at the right place at the right time. A great photo.

06-28-2019, 11:31 PM - 7 Likes   #7262
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter
iheiramo's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Espoo
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,444
Took my bike and camere and went for a ride with my wife and her friend. All shots with K1ii and M50/4:















06-29-2019, 03:55 AM - 1 Like   #7263
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 929
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Took my bike and camere and went for a ride with my wife and her friend. All shots with K1ii and M50/4:














Loving those wonderful M lens colours in these photos
06-30-2019, 01:39 AM - 12 Likes   #7264
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter
iheiramo's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Espoo
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,444
June 2019 single in challenge with M50/4 macro

Time to wrap up June. I was too busy and stressed at work in mid month and therefore lot of shots is just something that can be quickly taken. I didn't feel innovative this month, so a lot of others is something reliably beautiful. Not my best month as a photographer, but lens is good. Full month: SIC 2019 06 Pentax M50/4 FF | Flickr

M50/4 is relatively slow lens, but performs well wide open. Corners do get bit weak with FF camera, so if you need corner sharpness, you need to stop down, but otherwise wide open us usable option. Lens is very versatile and can go from macro to landscape without any problem. Little fringing, but in most cases it's easy to correct. I didn't get any night shots due to lack of night at this time of the year, but I believe it's not the strong point of this lens like it wasn't with APSC camera. The sunset shot against the sun worket fine. Personally I like the bokeh this lens produce.

Fifties are a tight group in M series with 4 sharp lenses available. Macro is the most expensive of the group, but in this case it means still cheap Money is really no issue among these lenses. For me this lens is a keeper due to macro feature. It's more usable than playing with extension tubes on others.

In July I go with M50/1.7 to finish the battle between my favorite M fifties. Can it prove that I need a second fifty in my bag to go with macro? I hope I have the answer in the end of the month.

Wide open at MFD:


Wide open focus around 2m:


Wide open focus at infinity:


F5.6 around MFD:


F5.6 focus stack:


F5.6 focus around 1m:


F5.6 focus around 2m:


F8:


F11:


06-30-2019, 12:46 PM - 5 Likes   #7265
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Northern Michigan
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,984
QuoteOriginally posted by johnpentax Quote
Greg, that photo contains some great lessons. Correct camera settings, interesting composition, taking a photo when you see it and not waiting for something better and getting out and about because you could just be at the right place at the right time. A great photo.
Thanks John. I was fortunate to be at Crater Lake that late in the season (October 30). This section of the park is usually closed due to snow by that time of the year.

Another shot taken in Crater Lake NP of The Watchman, also using the M 20/4:

06-30-2019, 10:57 PM - 1 Like   #7266
Pentaxian
Arjay Bee's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bamaga, QLD
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,387
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
For me this lens is a keeper due to macro feature. It's more usable than playing with extension tubes on others.
I am enjoying your photos with the M50 4. I am waiting for a copy from Japan - should be here next week- exciting times.
07-01-2019, 07:18 AM - 1 Like   #7267
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 8,329
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Took my bike and camere and went for a ride with my wife and her friend. All shots with K1ii and M50/4:
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Time to wrap up June. I was too busy and stressed at work in mid month and therefore lot of shots is just something that can be quickly taken. I didn't feel innovative this month, so a lot of others is something reliably beautiful. Not my best month as a photographer, but lens is good. Full month: SIC 2019 06 Pentax M50/4 FF | Flickr

M50/4 is relatively slow lens, but performs well wide open. Corners do get bit weak with FF camera, so if you need corner sharpness, you need to stop down, but otherwise wide open us usable option. Lens is very versatile and can go from macro to landscape without any problem. Little fringing, but in most cases it's easy to correct. I didn't get any night shots due to lack of night at this time of the year, but I believe it's not the strong point of this lens like it wasn't with APSC camera. The sunset shot against the sun worket fine. Personally I like the bokeh this lens produce.

Fifties are a tight group in M series with 4 sharp lenses available. Macro is the most expensive of the group, but in this case it means still cheap Money is really no issue among these lenses. For me this lens is a keeper due to macro feature. It's more usable than playing with extension tubes on others.

In July I go with M50/1.7 to finish the battle between my favorite M fifties. Can it prove that I need a second fifty in my bag to go with macro? I hope I have the answer in the end of the month.
You're making me regret selling my copy... though I'm sure the proceeds went to a good cause (another lens).

07-01-2019, 10:40 AM - 2 Likes   #7268
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
djb47's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lenoir, NC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 963
Wick adjustment wheel, reverse mounted M50/2.0

07-05-2019, 12:45 PM - 2 Likes   #7269
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
paulh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW Texas/Ventura County, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,809
Remembering when Doc was a bitty kitty - M50/1.7 on *ist D:
07-08-2019, 05:10 AM   #7270
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
djb47's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lenoir, NC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 963
Black Eyed Susan


K30/M50mm/2.0 reverse mount
07-08-2019, 07:18 AM   #7271
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
pres589's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Wichita, KS
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,721
The quality of the photographs that Greg has shared, taken with the M 20, are really impressive. I really need to get mine out more often.
07-08-2019, 07:56 AM - 2 Likes   #7272
Pentaxian
jcdoss's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Moving Soon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,336

=====
Blue Angels at the KC Air Show
Pentax K-1 mII, M400f5.6

Last edited by jcdoss; 04-22-2020 at 07:56 AM.
07-10-2019, 12:15 PM   #7273
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
YeOldePentaxian's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Calgary
Photos: Albums
Posts: 568
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Took my bike
I like the look of that handle bar attachment you have for the camera. Can I ask the make/model of the bracket?
07-11-2019, 03:25 AM - 3 Likes   #7274
New Member




Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3
A couple of pics with my M50/1.4 on K200D





Regards
07-13-2019, 11:35 AM   #7275
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter
iheiramo's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Espoo
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,444
QuoteOriginally posted by YeOldePentaxian Quote
I like the look of that handle bar attachment you have for the camera. Can I ask the make/model of the bracket?
Sorry for slow answer. I was on holiday and on internet break

I made it from two parts. A cheap ballhead and even cheaper clamp made for action camera. I needed to modify the clamp to fir 1/4" screw in it to connect the parts. I bought parts from ebay from Hongkong to get them without post costage, so it only cost me about 20 and some effort. Send me pm, if you want to have a direct link to parts.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
28mm, background, bokeh, camera, city, colours, contrast, dust, elpolodiablo, flickr, focus, hood, k-5, lens, lenses, light, m50/1.4, park, pentax, pentax lens, photo, picture, pm, post, pp, ps, shot, thanks, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
D-FA WR Club Rico Lens Clubs 640 2 Days Ago 05:43 AM
The A Club jake.astig Lens Clubs 3822 11-22-2021 10:56 PM
The F Club! jsherman999 Lens Clubs 1057 11-22-2021 03:26 PM
Ltd club, here I come axl Lens Clubs 21 12-12-2010 03:06 AM
In the club again metroeloise Post Your Photos! 4 10-20-2008 08:59 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:26 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top