Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8834 Likes Search this Thread
11-26-2019, 06:00 AM - 7 Likes   #7726
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
November Single In Challenge 2019 with K1ii & M50/2

26th

I shot just one frame today. I rarely do that even when I know what I want to shoot that day. I try different angles and adjust aperture and exposure to have different versions to choose from. But today after the first click I knew I'm done

K1ii M50/2 ISO100 f8 0,5s on tripod:

This view is right by the main road a few kilometres from the ski resort. I've often looked that there's nice scenery, but never stopped. Today I drove there on purpose.
This is once again shots where I need to point out that it is in color. Not a B&W shot

11-26-2019, 06:39 AM   #7727
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
But today after the first click I knew I'm done
Agreed ! Very nice and well composed shot !
11-26-2019, 06:55 AM - 1 Like   #7728
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jorgario Quote
Agreed ! Very nice and well composed shot !
Thanks. I believe I couldn't have taken a better shot from this view.
11-26-2019, 07:11 AM   #7729
Pentaxian

Thanks. I believe I couldn't have taken a better shot from this view.
Very nice and I remember such shots from the winters we spent in Sweden. Imaging only worked in B&W (right up to the moment the clouds disappeared and we got a lovely sunset. Great capture!

11-26-2019, 07:38 AM   #7730
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by HoutHans Quote
Very nice and I remember such shots from the winters we spent in Sweden. Imaging only worked in B&W (right up to the moment the clouds disappeared and we got a lovely sunset. Great capture!
Thanks. Winters in Sweden are similar to ours when in same latitude. There's a huge difference in weather between south and north.
11-26-2019, 08:30 AM   #7731
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

26th

I shot just one frame today. I rarely do that even when I know what I want to shoot that day. I try different angles and adjust aperture and exposure to have different versions to choose from. But today after the first click I knew I'm done

This view is right by the main road a few kilometres from the ski resort. I've often looked that there's nice scenery, but never stopped. Today I drove there on purpose.
This is once again shots where I need to point out that it is in color. Not a B&W shot
One great frame -- glad you took the ride!
11-26-2019, 09:31 AM   #7732
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
One great frame -- glad you took the ride!
Thank you. The view has been waiting for the right day. I was planning it for tomorrow, but went today as there is a chance for sun tomorrow and I might be able to shoot something wiht the sky in it

11-26-2019, 01:14 PM   #7733
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
26th

Really well done, my friend!
11-26-2019, 02:18 PM   #7734
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Really well done, my friend!
Thank you
11-27-2019, 06:48 AM - 6 Likes   #7735
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

27th

I was so sure, so certain, that this wouldn't work. At f16 preview was so black with tiny yellow dot in the center. Amazing what you can dig out from the files of K1ii

K1ii M50/2 ISO100 f16 1/250:

I saw this view from car on my way down to take shot from the valley and had to stop take some shots on my way back, thought I expected to fail. Glad to be wrong.

The second shot is what I expected to be posting today. I'm currently about 50km from arctic circle, so here sun still comes up during winter, but you basically only get sunrise which turns straight to the sunset skipping the day. Both shots taken after midday, so sun is at its highest position. Even then the sun is so low that it only shines to the hills. And there is still a month to go to the shortest day.

Last edited by iheiramo; 11-27-2019 at 07:05 AM.
11-27-2019, 12:23 PM   #7736
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
27th

I was so sure, so certain, that this wouldn't work. At f16 preview was so black with tiny yellow dot in the center. Amazing what you can dig out from the files of K1ii

K1ii M50/2 ISO100 f16 1/250:

I saw this view from car on my way down to take shot from the valley and had to stop take some shots on my way back, thought I expected to fail. Glad to be wrong.

The second shot is what I expected to be posting today. I'm currently about 50km from arctic circle, so here sun still comes up during winter, but you basically only get sunrise which turns straight to the sunset skipping the day. Both shots taken after midday, so sun is at its highest position. Even then the sun is so low that it only shines to the hills. And there is still a month to go to the shortest day.
Both are great, but the "yellow dot" is really special.
11-27-2019, 01:58 PM   #7737
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Both are great, but the "yellow dot" is really special.
Thanks. I'm a little stoked about it myself also

I've been learning a new way of lifting shadows this year, as I don't like the way HDR Shadows slider lifts them in CO12, as it tends to ruin contrast. Nowadays I make layer with luminance selection that has steep slope on dark and long slope on the bright side and use exposure and brightness sliders to brighten dark areas. The exact points depent on the shot I'm working with. What I like about this method is that black remains black as it's outside the selection. Also the brights doesn't blown out, as would happen with simply using exposory slider.
11-28-2019, 06:07 AM   #7738
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

28th

The snowboarder I coach uses step in binding on rear foot and regular on front. Therefore she had couple of broken rear foot step in heals, as the cables tend to snap eventually, and same amount of unused heals for front. Today I finally got around to open them up and use parts to create two working rear foot step in heals for her snowboarding boots, so she has some spares available.

K1ii M50/2 ISO100 f4 2s on tripod:
11-28-2019, 03:35 PM - 4 Likes   #7739
Pentaxian

Primula (K20D, M85/2 with a 21mm extension tube)

Primula par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
11-29-2019, 02:17 AM   #7740
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
Primula (K20D, M85/2 with a 21mm extension tube)

Primula par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
Hi Womble,

That's a great shot with very nice colours!