Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2020, 06:18 AM - 6 Likes   #8071
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Floreat
Posts: 500
Check the stars from car headlights, and the brightness of the moon. This was close to sunset this afternoon. I just parked the car, jumped out and show with whatever I happened to have in my bag at the time.

Pentax M200mm at f11, ISO400 and 1/25s using a Sony A7ii with IBIS stabilisation. An OOC jpeg, not a touch of processing in camera or afterward.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-7M2  Photo 
04-07-2020, 11:44 AM   #8072
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Canada_Rockies's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sparwood, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,200
QuoteOriginally posted by Gary H Perth Quote
Check the stars from car headlights, and the brightness of the moon. This was close to sunset this afternoon. I just parked the car, jumped out and show with whatever I happened to have in my bag at the time.

Pentax M200mm at f11, ISO400 and 1/25s using a Sony A7ii with IBIS stabilisation. An OOC jpeg, not a touch of processing in camera or afterward.
Very nice image.
04-08-2020, 12:00 AM   #8073
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Floreat
Posts: 500
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Very nice image.
Thanks CR. When you cannot go anywhere far, then you need to find photo opportunities close to home. This shot was taken on my way home from an essential trip to the grocer. I will be looking for the full moon tonight on my verandah.
04-08-2020, 03:22 AM   #8074
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 8,367
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
My kind of a shot. Such a tranquil scene.
Thanks. It was a very tranquil place on the coast last year. Unfortunately the area got torn up pretty badly by storms since we were there and now with the coronavirus epidemic it's not even being restored yet.

04-11-2020, 04:00 PM - 3 Likes   #8075
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
paulh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW Texas/Ventura County, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,851
An old one with the M75-150/4 on *ist D:
04-13-2020, 03:50 PM - 3 Likes   #8076
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
paulh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW Texas/Ventura County, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,851
An old film shot from 2011 - Pentax ME with M50/2:
04-14-2020, 11:11 AM - 6 Likes   #8077
Pentaxian
jcdoss's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Moving Soon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,336

=====
Luna Moth
Taken sometime last year.
Pentax K-1 mII, M50f4 Macro & 1.4x-S, Godox TT350

04-15-2020, 12:30 AM - 4 Likes   #8078
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter
iheiramo's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Espoo
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,464
Winter strikes back



F8 with M50/1.4 and K1ii.
04-15-2020, 01:58 PM - 4 Likes   #8079
Pentaxian
jcdoss's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Moving Soon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,336

=====
Ferns
Pentax K-1 mII Ltd Silver, M85f2, AF201FG flash
04-15-2020, 02:29 PM   #8080
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Canada_Rockies's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sparwood, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,200
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Winter strikes back



F8 with M50/1.4 and K1ii.
I suspect you are not about to use the trampoline just yet ....
04-15-2020, 10:50 PM   #8081
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter
iheiramo's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Espoo
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,464
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
I suspect you are not about to use the trampoline just yet ....
The snow was gone in the afternoon. We got an other set last night, but it won't last either.

Based on dictionary there's no word in english for recurring winterly weather in spring. The straigth translation for finnish word would be backwinter. I was surprised to find out it doesn't exist.
04-16-2020, 02:09 PM   #8082
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2012
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,131
How many words for snow you have in Finland?
04-16-2020, 02:55 PM - 1 Like   #8083
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter
iheiramo's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Espoo
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,464
QuoteOriginally posted by Piotrek K Quote
How many words for snow you have in Finland?
I tried to google, but couldn't find clear answer. We used to have identifiable dialects with special words, so there really ain't official answer. I found some listing with 75 words. I didn't regognize all, but didn't make sure all I use were in the list. Also there were also ice words among, but it's hard to draw a line, because some words are for states between snow and ice. Purely for snow somwhere around 30 to 40 might be good estimate. I'm sure Inuits and Saami languages have more.
04-16-2020, 03:21 PM   #8084
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Lowell Goudge's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,924
QuoteOriginally posted by Piotrek K Quote
How many words for snow you have in Finland?
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
I tried to google, but couldn't find clear answer. We used to have identifiable dialects with special words, so there really ain't official answer. I found some listing with 75 words. I didn't regognize all, but didn't make sure all I use were in the list. Also there were also ice words among, but it's hard to draw a line, because some words are for states between snow and ice. Purely for snow somwhere around 30 to 40 might be good estimate. I'm sure Inuits and Saami languages have more.
I got curious once because I grew up with a Samoyed , which was described as pound for pound the sled dog with the most endurance, any way I was told the Russians had 70 different words.
04-16-2020, 10:22 PM - 1 Like   #8085
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter
iheiramo's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Espoo
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,464
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
I got curious once because I grew up with a Samoyed , which was described as pound for pound the sled dog with the most endurance, any way I was told the Russians had 70 different words.
That's probably combined ice and snow words, which would mean about same amount as in Finnish.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
28mm, background, bokeh, camera, city, colours, contrast, dust, elpolodiablo, flickr, focus, hood, k-5, lens, lenses, light, m50/1.4, park, pentax, pentax lens, photo, picture, pm, post, pp, ps, shot, thanks, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The F Club! jsherman999 Lens Clubs 1060 2 Hours Ago 08:58 AM
The A Club jake.astig Lens Clubs 3824 5 Days Ago 11:04 PM
D-FA WR Club Rico Lens Clubs 640 11-29-2021 05:43 AM
Ltd club, here I come axl Lens Clubs 21 12-12-2010 03:06 AM
In the club again metroeloise Post Your Photos! 4 10-20-2008 08:59 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:39 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top