Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2020, 07:25 AM - 6 Likes   #8281
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
jcdoss's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Jasper, AR
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,307

=====
Available light portrait of a lazy dog
Pentax K-1 mII, M150f3.5

09-18-2020, 07:44 AM - 1 Like   #8282
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
djb47's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lenoir, NC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 754
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Available light portrait of a lazy dog
Nice. Looks like he's waiting for you to stop playing with your camera and take him for a walk. :-)
09-18-2020, 09:29 AM - 1 Like   #8283
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Canada_Rockies's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sparwood, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,735
QuoteOriginally posted by djb47 Quote
Nice. Looks like he's waiting for you to stop playing with your camera and take him for a walk. :-)
I think you are passing on your laziness to the dog ...
09-18-2020, 11:52 AM   #8284
Pentaxian
ChristianRock's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Woodstock, GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,265
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Thanks. It's not about the goal, but the journey. I have enjoyed enormously of my months in the challenge. It's the kind of thing that keeps me motivated to grap my camera and go out while home. When in travel you have plenty to shoot and more images than you need, but without challenge I would shoot a lot less.
Just as a curiosity, and I don't know if you've answered this before - but do you have the verion I or II of the M 28 2.8? They're optically quite different and from your experience I'm almost sure you have version II.

09-18-2020, 12:03 PM   #8285
The one and only
Loyal Site Supporter
iheiramo's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Espoo
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,847
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Just as a curiosity, and I don't know if you've answered this before - but do you have the verion I or II of the M 28 2.8? They're optically quite different and from your experience I'm almost sure you have version II.
I have answered to someone in some thread, but it's already lost somewhere. I have the first version.
09-18-2020, 01:57 PM   #8286
Pentaxian
ChristianRock's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Woodstock, GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,265
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
I have answered to someone in some thread, but it's already lost somewhere. I have the first version.
Pretty impressive. I had that version and thought it was good, perhaps better than the 2nd version (I had it in A form). I should have kept mine - but everybody kept saying it's much inferior to the newer versions. I might have to get one again
09-18-2020, 02:49 PM   #8287
The one and only
Loyal Site Supporter
iheiramo's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Espoo
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,847
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Pretty impressive. I had that version and thought it was good, perhaps better than the 2nd version (I had it in A form). I should have kept mine - but everybody kept saying it's much inferior to the newer versions. I might have to get one again
For some reason M28/2.8 is undervalued. I haven't shot with second or A version, so don't know for a fact, but you're not the first one to say that first version might be better.
09-18-2020, 10:58 PM   #8288
Pentaxian
womble's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hertfordshire
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,159
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
For some reason M28/2.8 is undervalued. I haven't shot with second or A version, so don't know for a fact, but you're not the first one to say that first version might be better.
For very many years I only had three lenses and the M28/2.8 was one of them. No idea whether it was v.1 or v.2. I cannot check as it was stolen on the Paris Metro in about 2000 (along with My MX, M50/1.7 and my 135mm, not sure which model). I was perfectly happy. Now I have heaven knows how many lenses and I scour ads regularly for lenses I didn't know existed and I didn't know I "needed." The Internet is bad for LBA.

09-20-2020, 10:11 PM - 1 Like   #8289
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
mroeder75's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Iowa
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 566


From December 1983, Washington Park Gazebo, Town Clock, Dubuque County Courthouse gold leaf dome, taken with a Pentax ME Super. I do not recall the lens I used, but it was manual.
09-21-2020, 06:32 AM - 3 Likes   #8290
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
jcdoss's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Jasper, AR
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,307

=====
Zeke, chillin out
Pentax K-1 mII Ltd Silver, M200f4, Godox TT600 flash
09-23-2020, 09:49 AM   #8291
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
jcdoss's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Jasper, AR
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,307

=====
Photo session now, chigger infestation later
Pentax K-1 mII, M*300f4
09-23-2020, 11:35 AM - 8 Likes   #8292
Pentaxian
ChristianRock's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Woodstock, GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,265
I know a few people here like the M 100 2.8... others frown upon it, as the k105, M120, M85, K135 etc are said to be much better so the M100 non-macro is the least liked of that range... but I love mine. Its rendering can be mistaken for the K 50 1.2 (which is superb of course) and with very little PP I can get the pictures to look as nice as my DA 35 Limited.





09-23-2020, 02:02 PM - 1 Like   #8293
Pentaxian
womble's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hertfordshire
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,159
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
I know a few people here like the M 100 2.8...
One of my favourite lenses, and that from someone addicted to K series glass. I sometimes wish for an A-series version for ease of use, but image-wise I love it, both on film and digital.

K.
09-23-2020, 11:06 PM   #8294
The one and only
Loyal Site Supporter
iheiramo's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Espoo
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,847
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
M 100 2.8... others frown upon it, as the k105, M120, M85, K135 etc are said to be much better so the M100 non-macro is the least liked of that range...
quilty as charged
09-24-2020, 06:09 AM   #8295
Pentaxian
ChristianRock's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Woodstock, GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,265
QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
One of my favourite lenses, and that from someone addicted to K series glass. I sometimes wish for an A-series version for ease of use, but image-wise I love it, both on film and digital.

K.
Maybe you and I have good copies? Mine has a bit of dried fungus inside but still gives out good colors and contrast (in moderate amounts, one of the reasons I like the M series, as it's very balanced, I think, in terms of color and contrast).

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
quilty as charged
Maybe it's like pizza and even when it's bad it's still good? I haven't had the aforementioned lenses (M85/2 is selling for like 500 dollars now, M120 I see for like 200, K 135 2.5 for 150-200 and K105 I didn't even find when looking for it a while back... though now I see a lot of copies from Japan on ebay...).
So maybe I just don't know what I'm missing?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
28mm, background, bokeh, camera, city, colours, contrast, dust, elpolodiablo, flickr, focus, hood, k-5, lens, lenses, light, m50/1.4, park, pentax, pentax lens, photo, picture, pm, post, pp, ps, shot, thanks, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The A Club jake.astig Lens Clubs 3720 10-19-2020 08:03 AM
The F Club! jsherman999 Lens Clubs 1002 10-18-2020 10:10 AM
D-FA WR Club Rico Lens Clubs 622 07-12-2020 07:07 AM
Ltd club, here I come axl Lens Clubs 21 12-12-2010 03:06 AM
In the club again metroeloise Post Your Photos! 4 10-20-2008 08:59 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:53 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top