Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #1111
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: on the wall
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 715
Peter Kaukonen (from Jefferson Airplane) at the West Fest on Sunday.
M135 3.5



10-26-2009, 12:26 PM   #1112
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 359
Wow!

Wow, plenty of excellent pics in this thread.

Just browsed through som recent photos on my HDD and found one that is not "great" but it shows that the M 200m F4 can produce a smooth background.






Kind regards
.lars
11-03-2009, 12:17 PM   #1113
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 359
At concert with the 135mm

Local concert, all shots wide open (F3.5), shutter speed 1/20-1/30s, ISO 400-800.















Kind regards
.lars
11-03-2009, 02:43 PM   #1114
Veteran Member
Marc Sabatella's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 10,686
Nice job on all, Lars, but the sharpness of #1 and the deer-in-headlights look of #3 really stand out for me.

11-03-2009, 03:14 PM   #1115
Junior Member




Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26
from my M 28mm f/3.5 and M 135mm f/3.5

a close up of my daughter´s hair. I am still amazed by the sharpness of this lens.


I love the bright colours the 135 gives me.


images w/o post processing, sRGB JPG's
11-03-2009, 03:31 PM   #1116
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 359
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Nice job on all, Lars, but the sharpness of #1 and the deer-in-headlights look of #3 really stand out for me.
Thanks. I thought I needed a faster lens (F2.8 or F2.5), but at 135mm the DOF is quite narrow at F3.5

Kind regards
.lars
11-03-2009, 07:21 PM   #1117
Veteran Member
Marc Sabatella's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 10,686
I find the M135/3.5 to be right on the edge. I'd like it faster too - any slower and I wouldn't be able to use it very often for concert photography - but I still prefer it to the 135/2.8's I've seen or used simply on account of how small and light it is. It's *just* fast enough, I find, to be useful at ISO 1600 or 3200 in typical clubs. And as you say, larger apertures t come at a cost in DOF as well.

11-04-2009, 12:57 AM   #1118
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 359
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
I find the M135/3.5 to be right on the edge. I'd like it faster too - any slower and I wouldn't be able to use it very often for concert photography - but I still prefer it to the 135/2.8's I've seen or used simply on account of how small and light it is. It's *just* fast enough, I find, to be useful at ISO 1600 or 3200 in typical clubs. And as you say, larger apertures t come at a cost in DOF as well.
The M 120mm F2.8 is not that big according to the specifications, but unfortunately it's quite rare.

Kind regards
.lars
11-04-2009, 02:01 AM   #1119
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 359
QuoteOriginally posted by edward jenner Quote
a close up of my daughter´s hair. I am still amazed by the sharpness of this lens.

I love the bright colours the 135 gives me.

I have considered getting the 28mm F3.5, but I think it's too short for my taste. Seems like a very nice lens though.

Kind regards
.lars
11-04-2009, 12:29 PM   #1120
Veteran Member
Marc Sabatella's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 10,686
QuoteOriginally posted by Recercare Quote
The M 120mm F2.8 is not that big according to the specifications, but unfortunately it's quite rare.
Indeed. I watched as a couple sold this summer for under $200 when I didn't have the money available, but I never see one at a time when I might reasonably be able to pull the trigger. Not a very high priority, though, and after blowing the rest of the year's lens budget (not that I really had a specific figure in mind) on my DA15 and a DA40 for my wife a couple of weeks ago, I just can't see myself coming up with an excuse to buy the M120 when I already have the M100 and M135.
11-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #1121
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 359
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Indeed. I watched as a couple sold this summer for under $200 when I didn't have the money available, but I never see one at a time when I might reasonably be able to pull the trigger. Not a very high priority, though, and after blowing the rest of the year's lens budget (not that I really had a specific figure in mind) on my DA15 and a DA40 for my wife a couple of weeks ago, I just can't see myself coming up with an excuse to buy the M120 when I already have the M100 and M135.
Hmm....selling the M 100 and M 135mm will not cover all the expenses for a 120mm...but it's pretty close if the lenses are in good condition. I guess the DA 70 + M 120 would be a great concert combo.

Kind regards
.lars
11-04-2009, 07:17 PM   #1122
Veteran Member
Marc Sabatella's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 10,686
Precisely. But I'm not sure I could part with my 100 and 135 even if someone were to offer me a straight up trade.
11-05-2009, 01:29 AM   #1123
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 359
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Precisely. But I'm not sure I could part with my 100 and 135 even if someone were to offer me a straight up trade.
Lens Owning Addiction.

Kind regards
.lars
11-07-2009, 09:45 AM   #1124
Veteran Member
goddo31's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,574
Just picked up my second M series lens today - 400 F5.6 - and I'm loving it!

Great IQ - but somewhat to my surprise, the stop down metering with K200D really seems quite accurate. Not perfect, but really quite good. PF is much less severe than I imagined too, not big deal at all. I'm happy

Not fantastic pics yet, but I had fun none the less...

Wide open at F5.6


11-07-2009, 12:01 PM   #1125
Veteran Member
keyser's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tsawwassen, BC
Posts: 376
The 135 f/3.5 seems to be the star of this thread. I'll sell mine for $500!!

Seriously though, that was the lens that got me into Pentax gear. The look and feel on thed M series is just a cut above.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
28mm, background, bokeh, camera, city, colours, contrast, dust, elpolodiablo, flickr, focus, hood, k-5, lens, lenses, light, m50/1.4, park, pentax, pentax lens, photo, picture, pm, post, pp, ps, shot, thanks, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The F Club! jsherman999 Lens Clubs 1060 2 Hours Ago 08:58 AM
The A Club jake.astig Lens Clubs 3824 5 Days Ago 11:04 PM
D-FA WR Club Rico Lens Clubs 640 11-29-2021 05:43 AM
Ltd club, here I come axl Lens Clubs 21 12-12-2010 03:06 AM
In the club again metroeloise Post Your Photos! 4 10-20-2008 08:59 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:46 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top