Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2011, 12:06 AM - 1 Like   #2116
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
One more of my daughter. She really does (usually) love the camera. I can't disagree on the smile, either.

I love the bokeh and sharpness of the M120 -- this is most likely @ f4.

She's quite interested in my camera, actually, and will often insist on taking pictures herself. She can manage to look through the viewfinder and trigger the shutter -- the results, well... it's a good starting point ...

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
01-31-2011, 04:54 AM   #2117
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks

QuoteOriginally posted by ducdao Quote
Welcome to the DSLR world. There are tons of discussions about how to meter with old Pentax lenses and new Pentax DLSRs. Try a search in this forum using "green button" as keywords.
Hey, thanks so much.. I was putting in all the wrong keywords.. Green button opened up some great links. I'll be posting pics here soon.
01-31-2011, 07:33 AM   #2118
Veteran Member

Here's a little LBA story about the 50mm f4 macro I just bought yesterday.

I found the lens for an excellent price on Craigslist. I figured the seller either didn't know the value of what he had or really wanted to get rid of it quickly. He had excellent photos of the lens, however, as well as a good description of its characteristics. So I emailed him my interest. No response. A week later, the listing was still up, so I emailed him again. This time, I got a response.

Finally, I met up with him yesterday for the purchase. I asked him what kind of Pentax he used and he said that he didn't - he uses Nikon. I asked if he used the lens with an adapter, and he told me that a Pentax to Nikon adapter would require glass, which would reduce the IQ, so no. I asked why he bought it. His response: Because it looked interesting.

You don't really have LBA until you start buying lenses that you can't use. And, to justify my post in the M club, here are a few photos I snapped with my new lens, just to see if it worked.

And with my cheap teleconverter:
01-31-2011, 07:46 AM   #2119
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Designosophy Quote
I asked him what kind of Pentax he used and he said that he didn't - he uses Nikon. I asked if he used the lens with an adapter, and he told me that a Pentax to Nikon adapter would require glass, which would reduce the IQ, so no. I asked why he bought it. His response: Because it looked interesting.

You don't really have LBA until you start buying lenses that you can't use. And, to justify my post in the M club, here are a few photos I snapped with my new lens, just to see if it worked.
Too Funny

Mind you If I saw a smoking price on a lens I couldn't use but I knew I could resell for a good profit I would probably by it and sell it on just to help fund my LBA for items i can use
I wish I could find a healthy market for the old Canon lenses because I keep coming across nice examples of those. No use for them myself, not going to buy a Canon film camera when I already have several film cameras

01-31-2011, 08:04 AM   #2120
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You don't really have LBA until you start buying lenses that you can't use.
That would make a great sig line

Paul
01-31-2011, 09:26 AM   #2121
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
That would make a great sig line

Paul
01-31-2011, 11:04 AM   #2122
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BillS: wonderful portraits of your daughter - great color, too! Helps to have a photogenic subject

M50 f/2@2.8 (xposted to bokeh thread)

Paul

02-01-2011, 12:18 PM   #2123

Here are a few pictures taken with the famous pancake lens.

Although some find it more a cult lens, I am always very pleased with the result that this lens produces.

Pictures taken on a lovely summer day in the park.

Attachment 82377
Attachment 82378
Name:  IMGP3754.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  320.9 KB

Pentax K10D Pentax-M SMC 40mm 2.8
02-01-2011, 11:22 PM   #2124
Veteran Member

@ mglowe - I'm not seeing your linked photos in firefox or explorer. How are you hosting/uploading your photos?
02-02-2011, 07:38 AM   #2125
Veteran Member

Last day of Single in january I decided to shoot a Film shot to show the full FOV of the SMCM 28 f3.5
1/30 sec f8.0 Pentax KM Fuji Pro 400H

02-02-2011, 07:39 AM   #2126
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Steinback Quote
@ mglowe - I'm not seeing your linked photos in firefox or explorer. How are you hosting/uploading your photos?

If they are hosted here mglowe they need to be set to public
02-02-2011, 09:52 AM   #2127
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Too Funny

Mind you If I saw a smoking price on a lens I couldn't use but I knew I could resell for a good profit I would probably by it and sell it on just to help fund my LBA for items i can use.
Well, that's just being rational!
02-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #2128
Inactive Account

Here's a little LBA story about the 50mm f4 macro I just bought yesterday.

I found the lens for an excellent price on Craigslist. I figured the seller either didn't know the value of what he had or really wanted to get rid of it quickly. He had excellent photos of the lens, however, as well as a good description of its characteristics. So I emailed him my interest. No response. A week later, the listing was still up, so I emailed him again. This time, I got a response.

Finally, I met up with him yesterday for the purchase. I asked him what kind of Pentax he used and he said that he didn't - he uses Nikon. I asked if he used the lens with an adapter, and he told me that a Pentax to Nikon adapter would require glass, which would reduce the IQ, so no. I asked why he bought it. His response: Because it looked interesting.

If it was listed in the Philly area Craigslist, I saw that and YES, fantastic price but I could never get the person to answer emails (for weeks). From the way it looked on Craigslist, it was def minty. Great lens and a great price! Rick
02-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #2129
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cool & Refreshing

I have new respect for my old faithful M50 f/2 - braving the 17F temps to get this shot

Paul

Last edited by paulh; 02-02-2011 at 02:19 PM.
02-02-2011, 12:33 PM   #2130
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
I have new respect for my old faithful M50 f/2 - braving the 17F temps to get this shot

Paul
ha
my 28 3.5 saw -33 Celsius (-27.5 F) in January to no ill effect (on the lens anyway i'm another story)for an extended period (out for a couple of hours shooting)
Got to be a hell of a shock to get that temp in Texas though
« The K-Club! | - »