Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8836 Likes Search this Thread
07-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #3481
Inactive Account

Girl with Hat and Pepsi bottle is very very nicely done!
QuoteOriginally posted by kcobain1992 Quote
Hi, hope I'm welcome in the club. I'd like to join with a set of pictures from my girlfriend's M 50/1.7 and M 28/2.8, taken by both of us during the last year or so. Very easy to use compared to M42s that I got accustomed to.

I hope it wasn't too boring and that some of the joy of the photos got over to you
One more from the M 75-150...

07-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #3482
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
IMGP7939.jpg by kcobain1992, on Flickr
This is a very wonderful photo. I wish I had one of my girlfriend and myself that was as nice.

It could benefit from a touch of post processing, in my humble opinion, to bring the shadows down a bit. It would emphasize the saturation in the sky.
07-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #3483
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Nice ones, Vlad & Rick!

M50/1.7@f/8 I think...
Thanks Paul... it's been 90's and above for quite a stretch here in the mid-atlantic, Henry the Dog doesn't even want to go on long walks anymore!!!
07-15-2012, 12:36 AM   #3484
Pentaxian

Hi, hope I'm welcome in the club. I'd like to join with a set of pictures from my girlfriend's M 50/1.7 and M 28/2.8, taken by both of us during the last year or so. Very easy to use compared to M42s that I got accustomed to.

I hope it wasn't too boring and that some of the joy of the photos got over to you
That's a fantastic set, there are some great photos in there, especially some of the portraits. M42 lenses have their advantages over M lenses too, swings and roundabouts.

07-15-2012, 03:18 AM - 1 Like   #3485
Veteran Member

Thanks all for the kind appreciations. I gave the sunset photo another edit and I hope it turned out better this time

Last edited by vladimiroltean; 07-15-2012 at 07:19 AM.
07-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #3486
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by theunartist Quote
Thanks Paul... it's been 90's and above for quite a stretch here in the mid-atlantic, Henry the Dog doesn't even want to go on long walks anymore!!!
I'm afraid Henry wouldn't get much walking time at my place - the typical high here in summer is about 95F. My mutts are acclimated, tho - still I try to get them out in the mornings or evenings when it's a little cooler. So far this summer is a huge improvement over last yr, when it was hitting 105F almost every day!
07-15-2012, 12:51 PM - 1 Like   #3487
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

K5, M50/1.4

07-15-2012, 03:18 PM   #3488
Veteran Member

Thanks all for the kind appreciations. I gave the sunset photo another edit and I hope it turned out better this time
Yes. I wonder how many couples will have a shot of themselves that is this nice in their lifetimes.

The next step would be to have a giant print made, frame it, and hang it on your wall. I'd recommend a black matte rather than a white one, if possible, to emphasize how vibrant the colors are.
07-15-2012, 04:37 PM - 2 Likes   #3489
Veteran Member

I'd like to believe that isn't going to be the best picture we'll ever take together. I even like to think that we have better pictures at the moment. But I digress. I remember, judging by the date, it was taken on my birthday. Strangely, looking back through last year's photos, I only seem to remember things that happened closely related to the photos I took that day. If I hadn't gotten into photography almost 2 years ago, probably I wouldn't have remembered any of these. Do I remember them artificially? would it be better if I didn't at all? I digress again. It's just that it seems I have a very short memory.
I can't even recall if I received any present for my birthday. I literally can't remember anything not related to the 18 pictures I took that day outdoors and 3 of a lens and hourglass (also on flickr), at home. I can't help but notice all my friends and acquaintances on Facebook that celebrate every and each of their birthdays like victories over life, with the standard parties, cakes, friends, joy, drinking, wishing well (like in 'I wish you well') etc.
That year I also had the clever idea to hide my birthday from my public profile on fb, so that no one was reminded that day. Of course only my parents, grandparents and girlfriend congratulated me (and what's to congratulate for, after all?)
But now I also have the position to question the artificiality of social relations and conventions. And though it seems awkward when I tell the story, I feel liberated that I spent my last birthday the way I did, on the edge of an artificial lake in Bucharest that I don't even like that much.
And to return to your statement regarding other couples and the nice pictures that they miss, let's face it, neither do they take chances and expose themselves to new opportunities, evade from the claws of routine and social convention. Everybody wants special pictures at their wedding so they can show and tell their children their own story, but really it's just the same old story of two people marrying, just with different actors every time. And it's not the photographer's fault. The truth is you can't document a relationship in one day. It takes time and many tries to get some good pictures.
And although it's bitter sweet sometimes, other times being different pays off and people like you.

Last edited by vladimiroltean; 07-15-2012 at 04:42 PM.
07-16-2012, 02:32 AM   #3490
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'd like to believe that isn't going to be the best picture we'll ever take together. I even like to think that we have better pictures at the moment. But I digress. I remember, judging by the date, it was taken on my birthday. Strangely, looking back through last year's photos, I only seem to remember things that happened closely related to the photos I took that day. If I hadn't gotten into photography almost 2 years ago, probably I wouldn't have remembered any of these. Do I remember them artificially? would it be better if I didn't at all? I digress again. It's just that it seems I have a very short memory.
I can't even recall if I received any present for my birthday. I literally can't remember anything not related to the 18 pictures I took that day outdoors and 3 of a lens and hourglass (also on flickr), at home. I can't help but notice all my friends and acquaintances on Facebook that celebrate every and each of their birthdays like victories over life, with the standard parties, cakes, friends, joy, drinking, wishing well (like in 'I wish you well') etc.
That year I also had the clever idea to hide my birthday from my public profile on fb, so that no one was reminded that day. Of course only my parents, grandparents and girlfriend congratulated me (and what's to congratulate for, after all?)
But now I also have the position to question the artificiality of social relations and conventions. And though it seems awkward when I tell the story, I feel liberated that I spent my last birthday the way I did, on the edge of an artificial lake in Bucharest that I don't even like that much.
And to return to your statement regarding other couples and the nice pictures that they miss, let's face it, neither do they take chances and expose themselves to new opportunities, evade from the claws of routine and social convention. Everybody wants special pictures at their wedding so they can show and tell their children their own story, but really it's just the same old story of two people marrying, just with different actors every time. And it's not the photographer's fault. The truth is you can't document a relationship in one day. It takes time and many tries to get some good pictures.
And although it's bitter sweet sometimes, other times being different pays off and people like you.
I have to confess, when I was a lot younger, I'm such a big fan of 'this guy from Seattle', so forgive me if it sounded melancholic; I have to say that your 'self' picture above, perfected by the commentary that followed, really strike me in the guts..

Anyway, it won't hurt to have some 'sun' shinning in life

SMC M 100/2.8
07-16-2012, 04:15 AM   #3491
Pentaxian

Superb "sun" great tones, I love patterns an sharpnes with second all of them are great!

QuoteOriginally posted by minahasa Quote
I have to confess, when I was a lot younger, I'm such a big fan of 'this guy from Seattle', so forgive me if it sounded melancholic; I have to say that your 'self' picture above, perfected by the commentary that followed, really strike me in the guts..

Anyway, it won't hurt to have some 'sun' shinning in life

SMC M 100/2.8
07-16-2012, 07:27 AM   #3492
Veteran Member

selling on my m lenses for Taks, but here's a couple from Barcelona last year

M 28 f3.5

M50 f1.7

M200 f4.0

07-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #3493
Veteran Member

Eddie, why do you prefer Takumars over Ms?
And in the meantime, another snap taken with my GFs M50. Although it may look like a crop, actually it was a tight fit in the frame.

07-16-2012, 04:43 PM - 1 Like   #3494
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ah juventud, divino tesoro, te vas para no volver. cuando quiero llorar no lloro, y aveces lloro sin querer!

Last edited by Pepe Guitarra; 07-16-2012 at 07:28 PM.
07-17-2012, 05:07 AM   #3495
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here is a great M lens, the 50/4 macro