Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8850 Likes Search this Thread
06-17-2008, 10:48 AM   #271

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by AML Quote
LOL!! Jandon. Nice pic.
Thatīs just a Opel fans opinion of that realy nice yellow color... I hope I didnīt piss off any Ford fans with my comments I think Iīll better move my baseball bat closer the front door...

M 135/3.5

06-17-2008, 10:51 AM   #272
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ballgofar Quote
ftpaddict, would you like me to send you the original RAW file? Or maybe you could just give a brief summary of what you did, and I can try it myself.

Lightroom

Increase green luminosity and saturation, decrease yellow luminosity a bit, add a bit of contrast, slide the "recovery" about halfway, shift tone towards green.

Do all of the above in very small quantities. Hope it helps.
06-17-2008, 11:39 AM   #273
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Lightroom

Increase green luminosity and saturation, decrease yellow luminosity a bit, add a bit of contrast, slide the "recovery" about halfway, shift tone towards green.

Do all of the above in very small quantities. Hope it helps.
Thanks! I didn't follow your instructions exactly, but I think it looks much better now.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
06-17-2008, 10:40 PM   #274
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
M 50mm 1.7 on K100D Super Lense was a freebie, stoked. Hard to focus, rewarding when you get it right though. Lunch time testing with it:

06-19-2008, 12:43 PM   #275
Veteran Member

Some of the M50/1.7 and M135/3.5

M50/1.7:

and the M135/3.5:

06-23-2008, 01:28 AM   #276
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do not let this thread die!

Pentax M 200/4:

06-23-2008, 01:43 AM   #277

Pentax M 50/2

06-23-2008, 05:06 AM   #278
AML

Thanks Jay. Sadly i haven't had a chance to take the 135mm out again.

Nice shots Paul.

Great shots Tyson. Enjoyed seeing all of them.

You did good, ballgofar.

Such a wonderful shot of a beautiful baby, Jandon.

FruitLooPs, what a good freebie to get.

Excellent series of shots, tomtor. I love the shot from the M135/3.5

Lovely shot of a pretty flower, pentagor. I have only received the SMC Super Tak 200mm/f4 late last week. It sure has some weight in it. Haven't taken anything exciting yet with the lens, just some basic stuff checking sharpness and colours.

This is a section of a huge transmission tower across the road.

Super Tak 200mm/f4

Sign at the bus stop.

Hopefully, i'll get some time this weekend to go to a harbour spot and try out the TC 1.4x with the lens and get some decent shots.

Last edited by AML; 06-23-2008 at 05:18 AM.
06-23-2008, 01:37 PM   #279
Veteran Member

Hee hee ... Anne ... I have shots of that tower from the base looking directly up.

A friend of mine used to work there as I mentioned to you and I got to actually walk under that tower ... my mate took shots of it and posted them on another forum ... looks awesome looking straight up through the centre of it.

I need to get out more with the Super Tak 200 as well ... although I am finding my shaky hands not the best though (although I had a 2x TC attached as well) .. need to get the tripod out.
06-23-2008, 04:31 PM   #280
AML

Simon, that tower is the bane of my existance. I wish someone would blow it up...LOL!!
I suppose it would be interesting seeing it from in the centre and looking up. It has so many things hanging off it since digital came in.

It's hard finding the time to use all the lenses we may have, isn't it.
Btw, have you had a chance to test out your new body? How is it, good i hope.

Have you decided yet on your 35mm?
06-23-2008, 04:46 PM   #281
Veteran Member

i know what you mean about the tower ... I have driven passed there and the radio has gone screwy a few times.

I wish I had more time to shoot ... although there is meant to be a car club photoshoot on the weekend at Eastern Creek .... so i am hoping to get there between nightshifts this coming weekend ... will try and organise to pick the lens up over the next evening or 2 if i can.

I haven't had a chance to use the new body yet ... hopefully soon ... need another bag though to seperate the kit up though.
06-23-2008, 04:51 PM   #282
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AML Quote
Simon, that tower is the bane of my existance. I wish someone would blow it up...LOL!!
I suppose it would be interesting seeing it from in the centre and looking up. It has so many things hanging off it since digital came in.

06-23-2008, 05:21 PM   #283
Veteran Member

M CLub - M 35mm f/2

Yes Pentagor let's keep posting in this thread. The Netherlands, Slovenia, Australia... this thread is like a vacation.! Jay you really started something here.

SMC M 35mm f/2.

Nothing special. I liked the way the late afternoon sun hit the flower.

Tom G
06-23-2008, 06:04 PM   #284
AML

Those tower shots look great. The night time shot of it lite up looks really cool.

QuoteQuote:
I wish I had more time to shoot ... although there is meant to be a car club photoshoot on the weekend at Eastern Creek .... so i am hoping to get there between nightshifts this coming weekend ... will try and organise to pick the lens up over the next evening or 2 if i can.
That should be great fun at Eastern Creek. I'm here every evening so that's no problem.

Tom, very nice colours of pretty flowers.
06-23-2008, 06:41 PM   #285
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hey all, been traveling a bit (& without my M's !)

Misere - I finally received the Jupiter-9 after about a month, but I've only had a
chance to put it on the camera a few times. I haven't done a side-by-side
comparison yet, but I find that it's much softer wide open than my M 85 f/2, but
stopped down a few, it just about matches it in sharpness. It's an interesting lens
- it smells like it just came out of a WWII Stalingrad tractor works. (If I knew
what that smelled like.) But I like it a lot, and I think I'll grow to like it even more.

Here are a few test shots taken with it:

But this is the M-club! Below is my entry for today, from an M 85 shoot a few months back:

Nice shots, everyone. Yes, it is like a vacation in this thread. If I'm ever in
Australia, I'll have to take a shot or two of that 'famous' tower