Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2022, 09:32 AM   #9226
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Nice photo. I'd heard that the M 28/2 isn't very sharp wide open but it looks absolutely fine to me.
Thanks for your kind comments. The M28f2 is pretty good in the center at this distance.

11-25-2022, 05:42 AM - 4 Likes   #9227
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
MoNovember 25th - M50/1.4

Back to proper greyness after few too bright days.

11-26-2022, 07:17 AM - 1 Like   #9228
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

MoNovember 26th - M50/1.4

Work in progress theme:

11-26-2022, 08:11 AM   #9229
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How did you get the AOCO logo onto the K-3? 😀

11-26-2022, 08:55 AM - 5 Likes   #9230
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Pentax K-1 mII and M135f3.5 at f5.6, 1/500s, and ISO 1100
11-26-2022, 09:18 AM   #9231
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have two 50mm MF lenses, one is a Pentax and the other one is a Chinon but I also have a Pentax 135mm f3.5 MF but I do find it difficult to focus using them on my K7 body.
11-27-2022, 12:43 AM   #9232
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by microlight Quote
How did you get the AOCO logo onto the K-3? 😀
A member who had those stickers made send them as a gift to active members of SIC group. I should have few stickers left somewhere waiting for K1mkIII

11-27-2022, 06:17 AM - 3 Likes   #9233
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

MoNovember 27th - M50/1.4

We got a thing layer of new powder during the night and it painted everything beautiful. I thought cloudy day like this might provide nice forest shots and went for a walk into the forest by my house. There's this stream I've occasionally used in SIC and dark water provided good contrast to snow. I have never really investigated the small swamps where the stream origin and decided to follow it upstream and check it out. Snowy business as there's not always clear path available and you have to push thru branches. Official shot of the day:

And full photostory going upstream.

11-28-2022, 09:29 AM - 3 Likes   #9234
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

MoNovember 28th - M50/1.4

11-29-2022, 04:44 AM - 4 Likes   #9235
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

MoNovember 29th - M50/1.4

11-29-2022, 11:42 PM   #9236
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
That is excellent! I love the pattern.
11-30-2022, 12:56 AM   #9237
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by HoutHans Quote
That is excellent! I love the pattern.
Thank you. I took about 10 different compositions. It was hard to find the right way to catch the scene. In the end this one looked best.
11-30-2022, 04:10 AM   #9238
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

MoNovember 30th - M50/1.4

Selective colour panorama to finish the MoNovember. This time f2.8 instead of wide open.

11-30-2022, 05:28 AM - 3 Likes   #9239
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Single In Challenge - MoNovember 2022 - M50/1.4

Monthly wrap up x-posted from November SIC thread:

I'm done for the month and what a month it was. I shot and posted on time. ATM I feel like it was one of my best based on quality of the shots. I put more effort into finding shots than typically and I did find a lot of new targets. Also visited some of my old favorites to reshoot them and I think I managed to improve those shots. The November weather in Finland ain't the type we usually consider good for photography. Days are short, usually grey. and often misty. There's not much colour visible anywhere. So it's pretty much made for monochrome

M50/1.4 delivered what I expected. I shot most of the month wide open, as that is were this lens shines over f1.7 version. Apparently I can't remember exactly anymore, but I think 6/30 were stopped down. M50/1.4 could be sharper wide open, but for sure I find it perfectly useable. Sometimes bokeh gets too busy due to bubbles, but on the right light and background it's nice and creamy. Stopped down it delivers nice landscapes, but this was not a month for those shots.
I can see the advantages DFA*50/1.4 has over this, but truth is that only photographers see it or more importantly care about it. Still I plan to upgrade at somepoint to satisfy my own need for perfection. Until then M50/1.4 will do nicely.

I bought Capture One 23 during the month. Having skipped the previous upgrade the important new features for me were panorama and HDR stitching that was introduced in v22. I tried to play with these features during the month and panorama seems to work pretty well. Even on multirow Brenizer method stitches. HDR works, but this month there really wasn't need for it. Dynamic range of K1ii was enough to cover the scenes I had available and I was able to lift from the shadows the exactly same details as I produced with HDR. I need to inspect this further.
Capture One is an expensive program, this time the upgrade was 207€, but still less than 9€/month on 2 year upgrade cycle. There are cheaper options available, but I really do like the files it produce and I'm used to working with it, so can't let go.

Full album: Pentax M50/1.4 November Monochromes | Flickr
My favorites from the month:

11-30-2022, 05:50 AM   #9240
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Monthly wrap up x-posted from November SIC thread:

I'm done for the month and what a month it was. I shot and posted on time. ATM I feel like it was one of my best based on quality of the shots. I put more effort into finding shots than typically and I did find a lot of new targets. Also visited some of my old favorites to reshoot them and I think I managed to improve those shots. The November weather in Finland ain't the type we usually consider good for photography. Days are short, usually grey. and often misty. There's not much colour visible anywhere. So it's pretty much made for monochrome

M50/1.4 delivered what I expected. I shot most of the month wide open, as that is were this lens shines over f1.7 version. Apparently I can't remember exactly anymore, but I think 6/30 were stopped down. M50/1.4 could be sharper wide open, but for sure I find it perfectly useable. Sometimes bokeh gets too busy due to bubbles, but on the right light and background it's nice and creamy. Stopped down it delivers nice landscapes, but this was not a month for those shots.
I can see the advantages DFA*50/1.4 has over this, but truth is that only photographers see it or more importantly care about it. Still I plan to upgrade at somepoint to satisfy my own need for perfection. Until then M50/1.4 will do nicely.

I bought Capture One 23 during the month. Having skipped the previous upgrade the important new features for me were panorama and HDR stitching that was introduced in v22. I tried to play with these features during the month and panorama seems to work pretty well. Even on multirow Brenizer method stitches. HDR works, but this month there really wasn't need for it. Dynamic range of K1ii was enough to cover the scenes I had available and I was able to lift from the shadows the exactly same details as I produced with HDR. I need to inspect this further.
Capture One is an expensive program, this time the upgrade was 207€, but still less than 9€/month on 2 year upgrade cycle. There are cheaper options available, but I really do like the files it produce and I'm used to working with it, so can't let go.

Full album: Pentax M50/1.4 November Monochromes | Flickr
My favorites from the month:

You got some very nice results this month and the tones in your B&Ws are generally superb. The M 50/1.4 is my de-facto manual fast fifty and I've seen it's much better on FF that it was on APS-C and shooting wide open can often work well. An upgrade will give you sharper results wide open or close to it but I have found that I still prefer the fun of manual over the niceties of full-auto and sharpness wide open that I get from my Lumix 50/1.8. I use the Lumix mainly for when I want face or eye recognition AF, especially for moving subjects.