Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2010, 06:08 AM   #1276
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by TKH Quote

BTW. Do you GeneV or any other of our fellows here who know if its politicle correct for Jewish people to take pespectful pics from old, lost cemetries?

Rainer
I can't speak for Jewish people but I often shoot in old cemeteries. For me they are not spooky at all but full of atmosphere. Too often they are left and neglected, and taking pictures of them means giving attention and appreciation to them, which has to be a good thing. Some funerary monuments are strikingly beautiful. And they are an important source for historians. Personally I have a weakness for the sentimental Victorian ones, although some people find them a bit OTT. Obviously you don't damage the place or trample over graves.

Anyway I would love my grave to be photographed in due course! Feel free. I'll post its location when the time comes ... although I'm not sure there'll be broadband where I'm going ...

Tim

01-25-2010, 12:11 PM   #1277
Inactive Account

Here Examples from the M20/4.

Bye
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
01-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #1278
Veteran Member

Love that second one!
01-25-2010, 04:58 PM   #1279
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by timo Quote
I can't speak for Jewish people but I often shoot in old cemeteries. For me they are not spooky at all but full of atmosphere. Too often they are left and neglected, and taking pictures of them means giving attention and appreciation to them, which has to be a good thing. Some funerary monuments are strikingly beautiful. And they are an important source for historians. Personally I have a weakness for the sentimental Victorian ones, although some people find them a bit OTT. Obviously you don't damage the place or trample over graves.

Anyway I would love my grave to be photographed in due course! Feel free. I'll post its location when the time comes ... although I'm not sure there'll be broadband where I'm going ...

Tim
My wife is Jewish, and our photos of Heiliger Sand are among her favorites. From Google Earth and Panoramio, I think that cemetery is photographed frequently. One of mine shows up there as well.

Last edited by GeneV; 01-26-2010 at 04:12 PM. Reason: correct spelling
01-26-2010, 05:58 AM   #1280
Veteran Member

K-x with M 50 1.4

Recently got a K-x, with M 50 1.4

Attached Images

01-26-2010, 03:35 PM   #1281
Inactive Account

K7 with M20/4
Attached Images

01-27-2010, 03:57 PM   #1282
Veteran Member

M200

Beautiful, rich colours, but I am afraid my copy is a front-focuser: focus was on the banner with the eye on it. Out of 15 photos of these banners, all of them were a little soft.
ISO 200 1/500 second at f16

Attached Images

01-27-2010, 04:26 PM   #1283
Veteran Member

Just asking, but how can a manual focus lens be a front focuser?

Wouldn't the problem have to be in the alignment of the camera screen?
01-27-2010, 04:45 PM   #1284
Veteran Member

Yeah, there is no front/back focus with a manual lens.
01-27-2010, 06:16 PM   #1285
Veteran Member

Then it's me.
01-27-2010, 07:32 PM   #1286
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by snofox Quote
Then it's me.
Not necessarily. You could have a misaligned focus screen. Do you have this trouble with any other manual focus lenses?
01-27-2010, 07:44 PM   #1287
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Yeah, there is no front/back focus with a manual lens.
The in focus hexagon could trigger the user to release the shutter with front focus detection, if that is what the user relied upon. Same thing might happen if he/she were to attempt Catch-in-focus.
01-27-2010, 07:59 PM   #1288
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
The in focus hexagon could trigger the user to release the shutter with front focus detection, if that is what the user relied upon. Same thing might happen if he/she were to attempt Catch-in-focus.
Good point. The focus hexagon has been the source of many errors for me. Among other problems, there seems to be a lot of play in that indication. With a 200mm lens, the indication may be showing in focus when the lens is past the focus point. I've gotten to the point where I almost ignore it.
01-27-2010, 08:38 PM   #1289
Veteran Member

GeneV: Thanks for the reply. I don't have the problem with any other lens, manual or otherwise, but "Canada Rockies" response makes a lot of sense to me. That hexagon remained on even if I rotated the focus ring a little, which surprised me. A little play in a 200m could result in soft focus. I should practice, practice practice and ignore the hexagon and trust what my peepers tell me in the viewfinder. Probably, that is my problem. I sure hope so because I love the lens.

OTOH, I took much the same shots with my DA*50 - 135, and I was just awed once again by the IQ of that lens. If I can just learn to focus well with the M200, I will be awfully impressed.
01-27-2010, 09:29 PM   #1290
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by snofox Quote
GeneV: Thanks for the reply. I don't have the problem with any other lens, manual or otherwise, but "Canada Rockies" response makes a lot of sense to me. That hexagon remained on even if I rotated the focus ring a little, which surprised me. A little play in a 200m could result in soft focus. I should practice, practice practice and ignore the hexagon and trust what my peepers tell me in the viewfinder. Probably, that is my problem. I sure hope so because I love the lens.

OTOH, I took much the same shots with my DA*50 - 135, and I was just awed once again by the IQ of that lens. If I can just learn to focus well with the M200, I will be awfully impressed.
If you use the M lenses frequently, you might consider getting another focus screen for the K20d. Getting some focus aids in the screen, such as a split image/microprism screen made all the difference in my enjoying these older lenses.
« *Macro* lens club | - »