Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 737 Likes Search this Thread
10-30-2015, 01:07 PM   #451
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Just another reminder that class clown image aside, what a fine photographer/post processor you are, Rupert.

Wonder what would happen if you experimented with a flash on crappy days - a Better Beamer or Rogue Safari if you're outside, or if you're behind a window, a remote pointing at one of your favourite set locations like this one.

10-30-2015, 06:41 PM   #452
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Just another reminder that class clown image aside, what a fine photographer/post processor you are, Rupert.

Wonder what would happen if you experimented with a flash on crappy days - a Better Beamer or Rogue Safari if you're outside, or if you're behind a window, a remote pointing at one of your favourite set locations like this one.
What a nice thing to say Clackers, and in no way do I deserve it. I'm a lot better at having fun than I am at photography or processing. Still, I do appreciate it! Otis.......when he reads this he will laugh his...well, you know!

Yes, I have thought about setting up a wireless flash for dark and dreary days, and have the equipment necessary, but to be perfectly honest, I've just been too lazy to do it. I did it a few times with raccoons for night shots and it worked half decent. Maybe I will get a burst of energy and work on it!

Best Regards!
10-30-2015, 06:45 PM - 2 Likes   #453

We may have to change this to a squirrel page...lol

10-31-2015, 02:21 AM - 2 Likes   #454

Here's a couple from the last few days. Didn't get much time to go out due to heavy work load.

Have a great weekend everyone. I am stuck with work this week

10-31-2015, 05:30 AM   #455
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by xanis Quote
Here's a couple from the last few days. Didn't get much time to go out due to heavy work load.

Have a great weekend everyone. I am stuck with work this week
Nice shots Xanis. I know how you feel. 10-12 hours everyday 6 days a week. Our lab is way overloaded and totally under staffed.
Michael

---------- Post added 10-31-15 at 08:32 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by kentster Quote

That first shot is great. I never have enough light to catch the squirrels by my house with the Bigma.
Michael
10-31-2015, 08:50 AM - 1 Like   #456
Veteran Member

Nice! Love the little Chickadee! Nice to be retired....just do what I want to do most of the time....but I know the routine, I did it for decades!

Those are great shots! They won the approval of Otis......something mine rarely do.

Yep...we should always have room for a few squirrels!

Caught this one swearing in his allegiance to the Army of Otis....

Regards! You guys keep up the posting, I've had a dry run this week so I enjoy looking at what you guys post.
10-31-2015, 09:38 AM - 1 Like   #457
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry Rupert no squirrels. Nothing new lately been going through some older photos from the last few months. These are from a trip to a wildlife sanctuary last month with a local camera club. I had my Bigma on my K3 and DA*16-50 on my K50. With that setup I could shoot from 16-500mm with two cameras.
American Alligator at 50mm

At 500mm

Michael

---------- Post added 10-31-15 at 01:14 PM ----------

Another shot from the wildlife sanctuary with the Bigma at 300mm.

Michael

10-31-2015, 10:46 AM   #458

QuoteOriginally posted by Scorpio71GR Quote
Sorry Rupert no squirrels. Nothing new lately been going through some older photos from the last few months. These are from a trip to a wildlife sanctuary last month with a local camera club. I had my Bigma on my K3 and DA*16-50 on my K50. With that setup I could shoot from 16-500mm with two cameras.
American Alligator at 50mm

At 500mm

Michael

---------- Post added 10-31-15 at 01:14 PM ----------

Another shot from the wildlife sanctuary with the Bigma at 300mm.

Michael
That's one mean looking alligator.

---------- Post added 10-31-15 at 10:49 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Nice! Love the little Chickadee! Nice to be retired....just do what I want to do most of the time....but I know the routine, I did it for decades!

Those are great shots! They won the approval of Otis......something mine rarely do.

Yep...we should always have room for a few squirrels!

Caught this one swearing in his allegiance to the Army of Otis....

Regards! You guys keep up the posting, I've had a dry run this week so I enjoy looking at what you guys post.
I particularly love your squirrel shots. Very subtle with the right amount of sharpening. Next week will be having some super awesome weather ahead. 70s and sunny for a good few days..
10-31-2015, 03:16 PM - 1 Like   #459
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Scorpio71GR Quote
Sorry Rupert no squirrels. Nothing new lately been going through some older photos from the last few months.
I can send you a box full of squirrels if you need a few...or I can send 10 boxes! That's some nice gator shooting...love that 2nd one! Big guy!
Perfect birdies...sharp and great color!

I particularly love your squirrel shots. Very subtle with the right amount of sharpening. Next week will be having some super awesome weather ahead. 70s and sunny for a good few days..
Thanks! Gotta love it when we get good weather!

Here are a few old Bigma 50-500 shots from my PBase Galleries.

Back when Otis was a young whippersnapper....

They all love some good apple slices!

Might as well get comfortable!

All full now!

I'm thinking...I haven't really gotten much if any better in the past few years, but the cameras and sensors have greatly improved and the software available for processing has also exploded in improvement.
I still use Elements7, with a ton of great Plug-Ins that allow me to do the things I need most. Later Elements won't accept a lot of the Plug-Ins I have and Lightroom never satisfied me, so I still peck away on E-7.

I'd love to work with a truly great processor and learn more. Some around here are experts. Of course, lazy as I am, it might be a waste of their time?

Regards!
10-31-2015, 11:20 PM   #460

Sure loving the Bigma.

11-01-2015, 06:46 AM   #461
Veteran Member

Xanis.....I was just chastised by Otis for not thanking you for the squirrel in that post......my apology and I'll try not to let it happen again!

Sure loving the Bigma.
Glad to see that you are mastering the Bigma! Otis sends his appreciation for the handsome squirrel shots....we always need more squirrels at PForums!
That is a great shot of the little Woody!

Nice cat close-up...but Otis suggests you "ditch the cats".....with good reason....

Regards!
11-01-2015, 08:42 PM - 1 Like   #462
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sure loving the Bigma.
Great shots of the woody, I chased a few around but never get very close.

Yeah Rupert the cats have chased my squirrels around a few times. My German Shepherd almost took care of a few of them. Still going through older Bigma photos.

240mm f10 1/180 ISO500

75mm f10 1/320 ISO1600 Thankyou K3

Michael
11-02-2015, 07:44 AM - 1 Like   #463

it's all good Rupert. We get excited visiting this thread and sometimes just forget to mention.
Scorpio, that's one heck a gigantic turtle.
Here are some shots with my Sima 70-200 OS before I purchased my 150-500. The 70-200 is one hell of a lens. I still have it but just mainly used for events and portraits mainly now.

11-02-2015, 08:56 AM - 3 Likes   #464
Veteran Member

WOW! That is a big turtle Scorpio! Nice shot.....I hear that if they get a hold on you they won't let go until sundown? By then there wouldn't be much left of you to hold on to?

Xanis...Love that little bloom...lovely shot!

For several years in a row we had a couple of families of Yellow Crowned Night Herons nest in our yard. Here are some shots taken with my original Bigma 50-500.

Nest building

Let's take a break!

We had a late snow one year...

Some eggs were lost to the cold.

But most survived

And learned to fly

And even do a high-wire act!

The chicks were so used to me that they would walk the cedar fence within arms reach of me and never spook.

I have hundreds of shots, many with an old Quantaray 70-300 in 2005 and 2006. This has been a few from when I first got the Bigma. Most were shot with the K10D.......would love to have them back with my K5IIs where I could get more low light shots in the Woods of Otis!

Regards!
11-02-2015, 09:17 AM   #465

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
WOW! That is a big turtle Scorpio! Nice shot.....I hear that if they get a hold on you they won't let go until sundown? By then there wouldn't be much left of you to hold on to?

Xanis...Love that little bloom...lovely shot!

For several years in a row we had a couple of families of Yellow Crowned Night Herons nest in our yard. Here are some shots taken with my original Bigma 50-500.

Nest building

Let's take a break!

We had a late snow one year...

Some eggs were lost to the cold.

But most survived

And learned to fly

And even do a high-wire act!

The chicks were so used to me that they would walk the cedar fence within arms reach of me and never spook.

I have hundreds of shots, many with an old Quantaray 70-300 in 2005 and 2006. This has been a few from when I first got the Bigma. Most were shot with the K10D.......would love to have them back with my K5IIs where I could get more low light shots in the Woods of Otis!

Regards!
Great shots of the night herons.