Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2018, 10:29 AM - 9 Likes   #1606
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2011
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,762
Another series...it was a good day.


HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6ED DC AW ƒ/8.0 450.0 mm 1/1600 iso160











10-08-2018, 10:52 AM   #1607
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
wtlwdwgn's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Billings, MT
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,088
Great set Eric!
10-09-2018, 11:23 AM - 6 Likes   #1608
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2011
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,762
Another Xpost from the K-1 thread:

Last of the Egret shrimping series.

If you have never witnessed this before, it is kinda cool. The Egret shuffle their feet very rapidly as they walk, in order to spook the fish or shrimp into moving out of the grass, then when something moves, boom, they nail it.

Can you see the shrimp in the grass? He can!

All shot with HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6ED DC AW @ ƒ/8.0 450.0 mm 1/1600 iso320



Gotcha!




Hey, sit still while I flip you down!
10-09-2018, 11:38 AM - 1 Like   #1609
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
redpit's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Athens
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 993
QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
Another Xpost from the K-1 thread:

Last of the Egret shrimping series.

If you have never witnessed this before, it is kinda cool. The Egret shuffle their feet very rapidly as they walk, in order to spook the fish or shrimp into moving out of the grass, then when something moves, boom, they nail it.

Can you see the shrimp in the grass? He can!

All shot with HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6ED DC AW @ ƒ/8.0 450.0 mm 1/1600 iso320



Gotcha!




Hey, sit still while I flip you down!
Great series! Wonderful images, congratulations Eric! For me this sequence is the best of the batch!

10-09-2018, 02:40 PM - 1 Like   #1610
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
wtlwdwgn's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Billings, MT
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,088
Beautifully captured Eric!
10-10-2018, 06:03 AM - 1 Like   #1611
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2011
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,762
QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
Great series! Wonderful images, congratulations Eric! For me this sequence is the best of the batch!
Thanks redpit! It was fun to watch... sometimes you have to step away from the viewfinder and enjoy the show.


QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Beautifully captured Eric!
Thanks wtlwdwgn! This combo is working out well for me, and I'm finally getting the hang of it. If I lived in the land of constant gray skies, I might feel differently, but here in the sunny tropics (well, not so sunny today ) this is really a great camera/lens combo.
Eric
10-15-2018, 08:22 AM - 4 Likes   #1612
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2011
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,762
XPosted from the K-1 thread:

Got a chance to practice some panning with the big DFA while watching the little R/C sails run the course.


HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6ED DC AW ƒ/8.0 450.0 mm 1/640 iso100


HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6ED DC AW ƒ/8.0 450.0 mm 1/640 iso100
10-15-2018, 08:35 AM - 1 Like   #1613
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
redpit's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Athens
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 993
QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
XPosted from the K-1 thread:

Got a chance to practice some panning with the big DFA while watching the little R/C sails run the course.


HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6ED DC AW ƒ/8.0 450.0 mm 1/640 iso100


HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6ED DC AW ƒ/8.0 450.0 mm 1/640 iso100
Great job! You were lucky that those birds weren’t riding their bicycles

10-15-2018, 01:13 PM - 2 Likes   #1614
Pentaxian
Paul the Sunman's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,673
The start of the Melbourne Marathon last Sunday (7am start). Won by Liam Adams (front left in yellow) and Sinead Diver (black and green Nike shirt, headband and sunglasses, right of centre, a couple of rows back).

250mm, f/5.6, 1/200, iso 1600.


Last edited by Paul the Sunman; 10-15-2018 at 02:01 PM.
10-16-2018, 06:38 AM - 1 Like   #1615
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2011
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,762
QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
Great job! You were lucky that those birds weren’t riding their bicycles
Thanks! Yeah, no can do, my camera has a bike polarizing filter... doesn't even see them.
Eric
10-16-2018, 06:38 AM - 3 Likes   #1616
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2011
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,762
XPosted from K-1 thread:

More panning opportunities at the lake

HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6ED DC AW ƒ/8.0 450.0 mm 1/640 iso320

Same scenes, far focus on them racing around the turn vs/ near focus playing catch up

HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6ED DC AW ƒ/8.0 450.0 mm 1/640 iso100


HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6ED DC AW ƒ/8.0 450.0 mm 1/640 iso100
10-16-2018, 08:02 AM - 9 Likes   #1617
New Member




Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 3
Hello from Greece. I use k3 + pentax telephoto 150-450. I am very pleased with this combination and use it mainly for birding. Attached some photos. I would like to ask if you experience lose of sharpness when you use the x1,4 pentax converter with the 150-450 lens. At the extreme end (630mm) I have problems with sharpness (so my cropped photos without the 1,4 x teleconverter usually are better!). Any trick to overcome this? (PS the attached photos were made WITHOUT the teleconverter)
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
10-17-2018, 07:38 AM - 4 Likes   #1618
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2011
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,762
Xposted from K-1 thread:

What a difference perspective makes...

This guy was so calm (and probably overheated, judging from his beak and tongue gaping. FYI, this is the same heron from the previous post panning shot as he flew by.) that I was able to walk around and shoot him from both sides of the sunlight.

HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6ED DC AW ƒ/8.0 230.0 mm 1/640 iso160

I like the background bokeh balls in the first shot, from shooting more into the sun, but I had to work the shadows in PP to make it work. This shot on the other hand, I like the subject clarity better and just had to be careful not to blow the highlights of the white feathers etc. It's always some compromise, isn't it?

HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6ED DC AW ƒ/8.0 160.0 mm 1/640 iso200
10-17-2018, 09:06 AM - 2 Likes   #1619
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
acoufap's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Munich, Germany
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,379
QuoteOriginally posted by zissisant Quote
Hello from Greece. I use k3 + pentax telephoto 150-450. I am very pleased with this combination and use it mainly for birding. Attached some photos. I would like to ask if you experience lose of sharpness when you use the x1,4 pentax converter with the 150-450 lens. At the extreme end (630mm) I have problems with sharpness (so my cropped photos without the 1,4 x teleconverter usually are better!). Any trick to overcome this? (PS the attached photos were made WITHOUT the teleconverter)
Can't tell how much sharpness is lost using the DA TC1.4x. But I can say sharpness is good enough for me. An example ...


KP • (DFA150-450 + DA TC1.4x)@630 • ISO100 • f/11 • 1/13s • ES
tripod use • manual focusing, controlled via LiveView • cable release


and a 100% crop ...


There are many parameters that can influence the sharpness. At APS-C/630mm you get a field of view of around 2.1 x 1.4°. The slightest vibrations can yield some smoothness. Hard to say if this was a perfect in focus shot.

And one at f/8 ... a bit nearer ...


KP • (DFA150-450 + DA TC1.4x)@630 • ISO100 • f/8 • 1/125s

Last edited by acoufap; 10-17-2018 at 09:34 AM.
10-18-2018, 03:27 AM   #1620
New Member




Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 3
QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote
Can't tell how much sharpness is lost using the DA TC1.4x. But I can say sharpness is good enough for me. An example ...


KP • (DFA150-450 + DA TC1.4x)@630 • ISO100 • f/11 • 1/13s • ES
tripod use • manual focusing, controlled via LiveView • cable release


and a 100% crop ...


There are many parameters that can influence the sharpness. At APS-C/630mm you get a field of view of around 2.1 x 1.4°. The slightest vibrations can yield some smoothness. Hard to say if this was a perfect in focus shot.

And one at f/8 ... a bit nearer ...


KP • (DFA150-450 + DA TC1.4x)@630 • ISO100 • f/8 • 1/125s
Thank you
That's very helping. Just wanted to know if it is a general problem but it seems that I have to improve my technique. I believe that the 150-450 plus the teleconverter need steady hands or tripod
Thanks
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bigma, camera, da*300, dc, detail, doubt, f4.5-5.6 ed dc, fa 150-450mm f4.5-5.6, flash, hd, hd pentax-d fa, lens, lenses, mode, pentax lens, pentax-d, pentax-d fa 150-450mm, photo, pic, pictures, pm, post, post your hd, quality, samples, shots, sigma, tav, tc
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HD PENTAX DA 560 mm f/5,6 ED AW HavelockV Lens Sample Photo Archive 43 08-21-2017 03:40 AM
HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6ED DC AW D1N0 Pentax News and Rumors 1426 07-07-2017 03:47 AM
HD Pentax-DA 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 ED DC WR: A Closer Look Adam Homepage & Official Pentax News 10 09-16-2014 08:22 AM
HD PENTAX DA 645 28-45mm F4.5 ED AW SR Lens Review i83N Pentax News and Rumors 2 08-04-2014 07:38 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:12 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top