Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2018, 09:19 AM   #1666
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
AZGMDale's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Yuma, AZ.
Photos: Albums
Posts: 284
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
1/200 hand held, f/7.1, iso 1600, 450 mm
Nicely done and well framed.

12-16-2018, 09:35 AM - 13 Likes   #1667
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
AZGMDale's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Yuma, AZ.
Photos: Albums
Posts: 284
10 Minutes of Separation

First time of many to come at this spot in the evening. Taken about 10 minutes apart. 450mm, f/8, ISO100, with tripod and K1 with PS. Slight PS artifacts in the second shot. Hard to see the cloud cover in the first shot. Cropped only to 16:9. Since this exact shot location is easy to duplicate, I plan to do a series of shots covering different times of day, and times of year. Luckily this spot is only 40 minutes from my home, with 15 minutes of that on dirt road.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
12-16-2018, 07:10 PM   #1668
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Mikesul's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,179
AZGMDale, these are special captures of the different light and mountain textures we who live here love. This is a great spot you found. Keep mining it!
12-16-2018, 08:09 PM   #1669
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
AZGMDale's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Yuma, AZ.
Photos: Albums
Posts: 284
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
AZGMDale, these are special captures of the different light and mountain textures we who live here love. This is a great spot you found. Keep mining it!
Thanks, Mike.

I plan to go back many times to capture as many different looks as I can. Just retired, so I'll have lots of time.

12-29-2018, 02:33 AM - 7 Likes   #1670
Pentaxian
Paul the Sunman's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,887
Walk along Yarra River and Merri Creek

Click for zoom/exif.

Long-billed Corella


Rainbow Lorikeet


Noisy Miner
[

Last edited by Paul the Sunman; 01-13-2019 at 11:21 PM.
01-13-2019, 03:13 AM - 4 Likes   #1671
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
RobG's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canberra
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,169
Eastern Spinebill. Thank goodness for the shadow data in the K3 raw. The bird was underexposed but there was plenty of shadow detail!





Gippsland Water Dragon
by RobGeraghty, on Flickr

Last edited by RobG; 01-13-2019 at 06:16 PM.
01-15-2019, 06:21 PM - 4 Likes   #1672
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,064
Some shots from Snow Monkey Park near Yamanouchi, Japan









01-15-2019, 06:38 PM   #1673
Pentaxian
Paul the Sunman's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,887
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike L Quote
Some shots from Snow Monkey Park near Yamanouchi, Japan
I guess all those other monkeys around the edge in the last shot were too low-rank to be allowed into the water.

01-15-2019, 07:01 PM - 12 Likes   #1674
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sandy Hancock's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Adelaide Hills, South Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,341
Did I mention that I recently took the DFA150-450 to Argentina and Antarctica?











Apparently Pentax gear can't focus on moving subjects....

01-15-2019, 07:44 PM   #1675
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,064
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
I guess all those other monkeys around the edge in the last shot were too low-rank to be allowed into the water.
The ones in the water were worried the others might foul the water
01-15-2019, 07:48 PM   #1676
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
RobG's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canberra
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,169
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
I guess all those other monkeys around the edge in the last shot were too low-rank to be allowed into the water.
It probably wasn't cold enough for them to want to get in. The owners of the monkey park have taken to scattering rice for the monkeys to eat to that they are guaranteed to be there for the tourists. The second time I went there it was snowing, and more monkeys got into the onsen pool.

You're right, there probably is a ranking amongst the monkeys for who gets the most time in the water. I observed one older female who stayed in for a long time and none of the others went near her. Others were happy to eat the rice scattered on the snow without getting in the water.

---------- Post added 16-01-19 at 01:50 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike L Quote
Some shots from Snow Monkey Park near Yamanouchi, Japan
Nice shots, Mike! Are you able to link lower resolution images? When I link photos from Flickr I specify 1024 pixels on the long side.
01-15-2019, 08:03 PM   #1677
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,064
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
It probably wasn't cold enough for them to want to get in. The owners of the monkey park have taken to scattering rice for the monkeys to eat to that they are guaranteed to be there for the tourists. The second time I went there it was snowing, and more monkeys got into the onsen pool.

You're right, there probably is a ranking amongst the monkeys for who gets the most time in the water. I observed one older female who stayed in for a long time and none of the others went near her. Others were happy to eat the rice scattered on the snow without getting in the water.

---------- Post added 16-01-19 at 01:50 PM ----------



Nice shots, Mike! Are you able to link lower resolution images? When I link photos from Flickr I specify 1024 pixels on the long side.
Trust me it was cold enough! Minus 4C when I was taking these shots but it did get to minus 2C later in the day.

The monkey park had changed a lot since I first visited in 2003.

I use Imgur for image hosting so I don't think there is an option for different resolutions, I didn't realize the last shot was so big when I uploaded it.
01-15-2019, 08:08 PM   #1678
Pentaxian
Paul the Sunman's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,887
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
Nice shots, Mike! Are you able to link lower resolution images? When I link photos from Flickr I specify 1024 pixels on the long side.
You can link to one of a large selection of resolutions in flickr. Select your picture. Click on the download button in the bottom right-hand corner. Select "View all Sizes". Pick whichever one you want. Copy its url. Paste to PF.
01-15-2019, 08:32 PM   #1679
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
AZGMDale's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Yuma, AZ.
Photos: Albums
Posts: 284
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
Eastern Spinebill. Thank goodness for the shadow data in the K3 raw. The bird was underexposed but there was plenty of shadow detail!





Gippsland Water Dragon
by RobGeraghty, on Flickr
Nice Water Dragon shot. Great detail.
01-15-2019, 09:41 PM   #1680
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
RobG's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canberra
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,169
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike L Quote
Trust me it was cold enough! Minus 4C when I was taking these shots but it did get to minus 2C later in the day. The monkey park had changed a lot since I first visited in 2003. I use Imgur for image hosting so I don't think there is an option for different resolutions, I didn't realize the last shot was so big when I uploaded it.
The monkey park changed quite a bit even between the two times I visited, which were more recent. OK, I didn't know that you were using a hosting service that didn't provide scaling options.
If it was -4C and still, the monkeys were probably fine. One time I was there, it was windy and snowing and they decided that grooming in the hot spring was a better option.


QuoteOriginally posted by AZGMDale Quote
Nice Water Dragon shot. Great detail.
Thank you!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bigma, camera, da*300, dc, detail, doubt, f4.5-5.6 ed dc, fa 150-450mm f4.5-5.6, flash, hd, hd pentax-d fa, lens, lenses, mode, pentax lens, pentax-d, pentax-d fa 150-450mm, photo, pic, pictures, pm, post, post your hd, quality, samples, shots, sigma, tav, tc
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HD PENTAX DA 560 mm f/5,6 ED AW HavelockV Lens Sample Photo Archive 43 08-21-2017 03:40 AM
HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6ED DC AW D1N0 Pentax News and Rumors 1426 07-07-2017 03:47 AM
HD Pentax-DA 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 ED DC WR: A Closer Look Adam Homepage & Official Pentax News 10 09-16-2014 08:22 AM
HD PENTAX DA 645 28-45mm F4.5 ED AW SR Lens Review i83N Pentax News and Rumors 2 08-04-2014 07:38 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:13 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top