Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2021, 01:53 PM   #2446
Pentaxian
Paul the Sunman's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,125
QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Tonight's moon. K-1 II and D FA 150-450 + Kenko 1.5x TC.
Steve, unfortunately, this image does not display on either Safari or Chrome for me.

01-31-2021, 08:12 PM   #2447
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
wtlwdwgn's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Billings, MT
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,707
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
Steve, unfortunately, this image does not display on either Safari or Chrome for me.
I'm sorry to hear that Paul. I've tried it in Firefox, Edge, and Chrome and the image comes up in each.
01-31-2021, 09:41 PM   #2448
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2015
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 955
QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
I'm sorry to hear that Paul. I've tried it in Firefox, Edge, and Chrome and the image comes up in each.
Doesn't appear here in Opera!
Something's amiss.

Cheers,
Terry
01-31-2021, 11:35 PM   #2449
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,134
QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
I'm sorry to hear that Paul. I've tried it in Firefox, Edge, and Chrome and the image comes up in each.
There's no image for me either.

Tas

02-01-2021, 10:00 AM - 3 Likes   #2450
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
wtlwdwgn's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Billings, MT
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,707
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
Steve, unfortunately, this image does not display on either Safari or Chrome for me.
QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
I'm sorry to hear that Paul. I've tried it in Firefox, Edge, and Chrome and the image comes up in each.
QuoteOriginally posted by tduell Quote
Doesn't appear here in Opera!
Something's amiss.

Cheers,
Terry
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
There's no image for me either.

Tas

I've uploaded the image again. I hope it's there now.
02-01-2021, 02:19 PM   #2451
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,134
QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
I've uploaded the image again. I hope it's there now.
Looks like the moon to me. One of my favourite things to photograph.

Tas
02-01-2021, 02:41 PM   #2452
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2015
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 955
QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
I've uploaded the image again. I hope it's there now.
Yep, loud and clear, thanks.

Cheers,
Terry
02-01-2021, 04:25 PM - 11 Likes   #2453
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,134
QuoteOriginally posted by tduell Quote
Yep, loud and clear, thanks.

Cheers,
Terry
I just noticed that all three people indicating there was no image in the original post are from Oz.

Maybe the original is in COVID quarantine? Yeah I guess that is a bit silly. Better get back to why we post to this thread.

K-1 and the 150-450 at the final Aust National MX round on the Sunshine Coast, QLD in Oz.


Tas

02-01-2021, 05:51 PM   #2454
Pentaxian
Paul the Sunman's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,125
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
I just noticed that all three people indicating there was no image in the original post are from Oz.

Maybe the original is in COVID quarantine? Yeah I guess that is a bit silly. Better get back to why we post to this thread.
More likely because the Australian government is in dispute with Google, and they are blocking us somehow!
02-03-2021, 03:34 AM   #2455
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,134
Another couple of images captured at the 4MBS Shakespeare Festival, these images were captured at the performance from the previous week where, unlike the following week, the clouds were not helping to even out the light. Consequently for this show I had to under expose a bit to manage highlights.

These were again taken from behind the audience hence the need to use the longer lens. If I didn't mention it on the last two images these were shot using a monopod BTW.

This image shows the same two performers posted last time.




What's happening here is the final scene and I was in the right spot to be straight on as I had watched the rehearsal the day before and on the morning of the main show. It really helped with knowing what was coming next despite my always dodgy memory.



Tas
02-09-2021, 01:50 PM - 5 Likes   #2456
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
steamloco76's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,458
A Carolina wren in a blue spruce tree. K-3 @ ISO 800 1/400th f7.1 high speed sync flash from Metz 58 AF-2.
Attached Images
 
02-14-2021, 02:37 AM - 6 Likes   #2457
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,134
Some more Troy Herfoss leaving the field in his wake during the Australian Superbike Championship at Morgan Park Raceway near Warwick in QLD. K-1 and 150-450 @ 290mm F7.1 1/800s @ ISO 400.



Tas
03-06-2021, 04:20 PM   #2458
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 14
Un-sharp pictures with 150mm-450mm. Blurry un-sharp banding. Suggestions please

Hi,
I am getting quite frustrated by not being able to get anything like sharp pictures with my 150mm-450mm, either on my K3ii or K1. In a static test I seem to be able to get a sharp picture but often in the real world photographing wildlife, it lets me down. It will seem to be focussed (and i have done static focus tests) but often and especially in good sunlight nothing is sharp. The pictures have a strange look to them where there appear to be bands of un-sharpness running roughly vertically through the image. Please comment on the picture added. It was taken today in good sunlight. K3ii, 150-450mm, F8, 1/2000 and ISO 640. Camera SR was left on and I was balancing the lens on a bean bag. The hares were not running very fast and 1/2000 should have been more than adequate to stop them. Note the un-sharp hares and odd fuzzy banding in the grass with 150-450mm. The second image was taken first with DFA 300mm. Wide open at F4 but much better.

The first picture is a cropped image but not resized. Look at the grass. Parts are sharp but other part completely un-sharp. Not a focussing issue, it appears at all distances within the frame.

Comments or suggestions on the problem or technique welcome.

The second image was taken using the DFA 300mm a few minutes earlier. Although my focus is not perfect on the hares you can see that the gradation from sharp to out of focus is much smoother and the sharp grass is much sharper. This is a smaller crop of the full APSC frame. K3ii & 300mm F4, 1/2000. I switched to the longer lens because they were not coming any closer but wish I had not.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
03-06-2021, 08:39 PM   #2459
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
luftfluss's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NJ
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,228
QuoteOriginally posted by markwoodfin Quote
Hi,
I am getting quite frustrated by not being able to get anything like sharp pictures with my 150mm-450mm, either on my K3ii or K1. In a static test I seem to be able to get a sharp picture but often in the real world photographing wildlife, it lets me down. It will seem to be focussed (and i have done static focus tests) but often and especially in good sunlight nothing is sharp. The pictures have a strange look to them where there appear to be bands of un-sharpness running roughly vertically through the image. Please comment on the picture added. It was taken today in good sunlight. K3ii, 150-450mm, F8, 1/2000 and ISO 640. Camera SR was left on and I was balancing the lens on a bean bag. The hares were not running very fast and 1/2000 should have been more than adequate to stop them. Note the un-sharp hares and odd fuzzy banding in the grass with 150-450mm. The second image was taken first with DFA 300mm. Wide open at F4 but much better.

The first picture is a cropped image but not resized. Look at the grass. Parts are sharp but other part completely un-sharp. Not a focussing issue, it appears at all distances within the frame.

Comments or suggestions on the problem or technique welcome.

The second image was taken using the DFA 300mm a few minutes earlier. Although my focus is not perfect on the hares you can see that the gradation from sharp to out of focus is much smoother and the sharp grass is much sharper. This is a smaller crop of the full APSC frame. K3ii & 300mm F4, 1/2000. I switched to the longer lens because they were not coming any closer but wish I had not.
I don't have this lens but I can definitely see what you mean.

Have you tried SR=OFF with a high shutter speed? Not that it should be necessary, but for troubleshooting purposes.
03-07-2021, 05:42 AM   #2460
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Wales
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,413
Very curious. Certainly should be much better than that. I do have a sense that (both images actually) there is back focus.
Looks like you were shooting jpg's? One thing I notice in the exif is jpg quality is only 85.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bigma, camera, da*300, dc, detail, doubt, f4.5-5.6 ed dc, fa 150-450mm f4.5-5.6, flash, hd, hd pentax-d fa, lens, lenses, mode, pentax lens, pentax-d, pentax-d fa 150-450mm, photo, pic, pictures, pm, post, post your hd, quality, samples, shots, sigma, tav, tc
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6ED DC AW D1N0 Pentax News and Rumors 1466 03-21-2021 05:43 AM
HD PENTAX DA 560 mm f/5,6 ED AW HavelockV Lens Sample Photo Archive 47 10-26-2020 03:24 AM
HD Pentax-DA 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 ED DC WR: A Closer Look Adam Homepage & Official Pentax News 10 09-16-2014 08:22 AM
HD PENTAX DA 645 28-45mm F4.5 ED AW SR Lens Review i83N Pentax News and Rumors 2 08-04-2014 07:38 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:20 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top