Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8180 Likes Search this Thread
05-26-2015, 12:42 PM - 1 Like   #106
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This lens is looking fantastic... obviously a little skill from the shooters too.... You guys know? if i were to buy this lens and didn't get as good images as you, I might sue you for mis-representation.... just kidding. I'd probably just post that this lens, sucks and Pentax is doomed.

05-26-2015, 12:44 PM - 1 Like   #107
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
This lens is looking fantastic...
So buy one I just did....
05-26-2015, 12:45 PM - 1 Like   #108
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Shanti Quote
So buy one I just did....
It's going to take me at least a year..... and by the way.. I hate you.

Being retired means, living is covered, but coming up with cash for big purchases is a lot more complicated.

But if I can hold even until this time next year, next year's tax return should cover it. I have a plan.
05-26-2015, 01:15 PM   #109
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Being retired means, living is covered, but coming up with cash for big purchases is a lot more complicated.

But if I can hold even until this time next year, next year's tax return should cover it. I have a plan.
Maybe time to accelerate promoting the photo tours business to make the cash?

(If I was ever heading out that way I would pay you for a tour for sure!)

05-26-2015, 02:12 PM   #110
Veteran Member

Hate & Love are the same you know

if your nice I say where you can get it for about $1900 , I sold some stuff to cover this one so no real 'expense' so to say,just changing out toys
05-26-2015, 02:16 PM   #111
Pentaxian

Hate & Love are the same you know

if your nice I say where you can get it for about $1900 , I sold some stuff to cover this one so no real 'expense' so to say,just changing out toys
I'm considering that as well.....
05-26-2015, 05:45 PM   #112
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've nearly run out of toys to exchange sadly. I'm currently eyeballing the freezer... the dog.. the car... Do we really need this house? The little critters are outside and the lens is AW afterall.

05-26-2015, 06:15 PM   #113
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wissink Quote
I've nearly run out of toys to exchange sadly. I'm currently eyeballing the freezer... the dog.. the car... Do we really need this house? The little critters are outside and the lens is AW afterall.
And the brakes in both my cars just went, I'm looking at at least a grand. One step forward and two steps back.
05-27-2015, 04:30 AM - 2 Likes   #114
Pentaxian

A pair of Scaly-breasted Lorikeets in my back yard.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
05-27-2015, 08:59 AM   #115
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AdrianM Quote
A pair of Scaly-breasted Lorikeets in my back yard.
Great image, Adrian !

You're obviously doing quite well with this flash extender too.

JP
05-27-2015, 07:17 PM   #116
Veteran Member

could the flash extender be modified to work on a small ext. flash..as the K3II & FF will have no OBF
05-27-2015, 10:38 PM   #117
Pentaxian

could the flash extender be modified to work on a small ext. flash..as the K3II & FF will have no OBF
That is something I am toying with. My candidate flash is the Metz 26.
05-28-2015, 06:04 AM   #118
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
How does the Safari flash extender compare with the Better Beamer? They seem to be the same prices on ebay.ca.

Also are you guys using X sync speed or HSS? I really like the feather detail and catch lights I see with t he flash, but is there any concern about flat front lighting? I guess if you had a "bird studio" you could set u off camera flashes for nice side lighting. I guess you could throw gels on to simulate golden hour too.
05-29-2015, 01:50 AM   #119
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wissink Quote
How does the Safari flash extender compare with the Better Beamer? They seem to be the same prices on ebay.ca.

Also are you guys using X sync speed or HSS? I really like the feather detail and catch lights I see with t he flash, but is there any concern about flat front lighting? I guess if you had a "bird studio" you could set u off camera flashes for nice side lighting. I guess you could throw gels on to simulate golden hour too.
Better Beamer attaches to an external flash, so you need Beamer and flash plus all the gumph to support it like batteries. The Safari attaches on the flash hot shoe and uses the camera's in-built flash. Might be the same price, but not exactly the same thing. The Beamer is also bigger and less robust.

For the in-built flash, it only works in P-TTL at 1/180th of a second, so no HSS. When I want HSS, I use an external flash (not all have HSS by the way) and a Beamer. My external flash is a Metz 58AF-2 and it uses a Better Beamer FX-3.
05-29-2015, 01:52 AM - 1 Like   #120
Pentaxian

A couple of shots this evening along the Brisbane River, Ipswich, Queensland, Australia. Both K-3 with 150-450 at 450mm and f8, in-built flash and Rogue Safari.

Masked Lapwings at ISO 4000. White-faced Heron at ISO 640.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo