K-1 in crop mode plus 1.4x HD Teleconverter

Magpie
by Mike.Pursey, on Flickr
07-20-2019, 04:58 AM   #1833
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
K-1 in crop mode plus 1.4x HD Teleconverter
I tried to get close enough to a magpie in the UK for a photo, but they seem very flighty. Well done! Australian Magpies aren't afraid of anyone and will happily attack humans when it's spring.
07-20-2019, 05:44 AM - 3 Likes   #1834
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Terrific capture George!
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
Wow, what a cool thing to see!
Thanks Steve. It was pretty cool to see. People were jumping from two planes and they made three passes of 4 jumpers each time. If you zoom in you can see the next jumper at the door getting ready to go.

W7 is one of the few C-47's (DC-3's) still flying that actually flew combat missions during WWII. After the war she was owned by several airlines, passed to private hands and was donated to the museum in 2005. In 2014 it was flown to Europe to participate in ceremonies to mark the 70th anniversary of D-Day. On board as it flew over Normandy was one of the paratroopers who actually jumped from her that day.

This shot shows her on final approach for after the demonstration. One of the great things about the K1 is that you can actually zoom in on the plane and read the designation markings. The planes in the foreground are North American T-6 trainers and 4 variants called the Harvard IIB which were Canadian-produced variants used by the RAF.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
07-22-2019, 07:19 PM - 4 Likes   #1835
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Birds

K1ii cropped photos. Photos from a few days ago.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
07-23-2019, 01:07 PM - 7 Likes   #1836
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Decided I'd better join in, fellow DFA 150-450 users.

I had previously posted about adding an eyebolt for a strap to the tripod foot in the 300mm plus lens club. If anyone (UK) wants help doing this (lacking taps , drill press etc) msg me.

Couple of pics from this summer...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
07-23-2019, 03:34 PM - 7 Likes   #1837
Veteran Member

K-1

RIAT 2019
by Mike.Pursey, on Flickr

07-23-2019, 08:52 PM   #1838
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by marcusBMG Quote
Decided I'd better join in, fellow DFA 150-450 users.

I had previously posted about adding an eyebolt for a strap to the tripod foot in the 300mm plus lens club. If anyone (UK) wants help doing this (lacking taps , drill press etc) msg me.

Couple of pics from this summer...
I use the Novolfex Plate QPL2 (Arca Swiss compatible) for this => Kupplungsplatte 84mm - NOVOFLEX Präzisionstechnik GmbH

It has a length of 84mm (nearly perfect length) with two screws to attach to the lens collar foot, 1/4“ thread on one side of the plate, on the other side a hole for strap attachment. In the 1/4“ thread I screw a Blackrapid screw. So no need to touch the original pentax part. It‘s nearly a perfect fit. Only the „flange area“ is a bit restricted on the side.

Last edited by acoufap; 07-23-2019 at 09:06 PM.
07-24-2019, 06:21 AM   #1839
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

@acoufap OK that is obtainable in UK too:

Novoflex QPL2 84mm 1/4 3/8 - ArcaSwiss type

but like most novoflex products its not exactly cheap.
07-24-2019, 11:35 AM   #1840
Pentaxian

@acoufap OK that is obtainable in UK too:

Novoflex QPL2 84mm 1/4 3/8 - ArcaSwiss type

but like most novoflex products its not exactly cheap.
I would have suggested something like that too. Drilling eye bolt what ever thing on tripod foot sounds quite iffy, if you'd ask form me. You do know that it could still unscrew it self? Not necessarily, but that could still happen. In that case 35 € is almost like a bargain.
07-25-2019, 10:04 AM   #1841
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
I would have suggested something like that too. Drilling eye bolt what ever thing on tripod foot sounds quite iffy, if you'd ask form me. You do know that it could still unscrew it self? Not necessarily, but that could still happen. In that case 35 € is almost like a bargain.
I once made the experience that the K-1 nearly screwed off the Blackrapid Strap Screw. A small lens was attached and the combo rotated too much at my side. I had luck, I discovered it early enough.

From this time on I in addition secured the camera by a tether at the side of the right camera eyelet that I like the screw thread into the Blackrapid straps anchor (don't know if that's the right word for it).

This simple tether I recently replaced by the flexible Peak Design attachment system and a Peak Design cuff that works with the flexible attachment system. When using the Blackrapid strap I use the cuff the same way l used the old tether. I feel secure with this solution.

@marcusBMG: yes the Novoflex plate is not a cheap part. I like the Novoflex quality very much, so I from time to time pay for it. I started with the Novoflex macro rail (ever had one in your hands? - simply fabulous ... but expensive) and every year another part finds the way into my bag.
07-25-2019, 10:36 AM   #1842
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
ou do know that it could still unscrew it self?
If the job is done properly (tight thread, thread locker), there is pretty much no chance of unscrewing. Its just a tapped hole in a cast solid alloy part.

The eyebolt is what I want, my strap clips on/clips off in a sec according to need. Cost 50p.
07-25-2019, 09:17 PM   #1843
Pentaxian

If the job is done properly (tight thread, thread locker), there is pretty much no chance of unscrewing. Its just a tapped hole in a cast solid alloy part.

The eyebolt is what I want, my strap clips on/clips off in a sec according to need. Cost 50p.
Alright! Sounds firm like that

---------- Post added 07-26-19 at 07:21 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote
I once made the experience that the K-1 nearly screwed off the Blackrapid Strap Screw. A small lens was attached and the combo rotated too much at my side. I had luck, I discovered it early enough.

From this time on I in addition secured the camera by a tether at the side of the right camera eyelet that I like the screw thread into the Blackrapid straps anchor (don't know if that's the right word for it).

This simple tether I recently replaced by the flexible Peak Design attachment system and a Peak Design cuff that works with the flexible attachment system. When using the Blackrapid strap I use the cuff the same way l used the old tether. I feel secure with this solution.

@marcusBMG: yes the Novoflex plate is not a cheap part. I like the Novoflex quality very much, so I from time to time pay for it. I started with the Novoflex macro rail (ever had one in your hands? - simply fabulous ... but expensive) and every year another part finds the way into my bag.
I also had some problem with actually peak desing product. Basically it was hangin on my side, took my camera up and that peak desing strap just fall of. It did unscrew it self. Maybe I did not tighten it enough. Now I do. Have not happened since. But extra security and causious is good.
07-26-2019, 07:21 PM - 1 Like   #1844
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some photos of the 2019 RAMROD bicycle challenge. Cropped photos. Joe
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
07-26-2019, 07:23 PM - 5 Likes   #1845
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another photo of Osprey. I like the fact the camera(K1ii) stayed focused on the bird as it flew behind the branches. Cropped photo. Joe
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF