Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2010, 05:16 AM   #766
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BillM Quote
Hi Sam, Had a copy of your glass long time ago, got caught up in a 'need for speed'
exchanged later for m50/1.4. Looking back, might of gained a little speed, but I
think I might of gave up a little sharpness to do it.
Love to see more, nice to see stuff from a place Ive dreamed of visiting.
Bill
Bill,
I tried an M50/1.7 and an A50/1.7 but have sold one and am about to list the other for sale as I prefer the K55/2. There are some more pics from this weekend in the DA limited club and M club if you're interested.

Cheers,
Sam

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
08-23-2010, 08:29 AM   #767
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
New K-Series Additions

Ok, just got a couple new K-series toys this weekend, and I've like to share .

K2, 50mm F1.4, 28mm F3.5, 200mm F4. Not exactly the rarest of breeds, but some that I have been certainly wishing to try out or get back. The K-series 50/1.4 was the first manual lens I got when I got into the DSLR game a few years back. Unfortunately, I found some slight fungus, attempted a repair, and in doing so ended up having to trash the lens . Finally I got the lens back, I really love this fast 50 for it's build quality and timeless IQ.

What's interesting about the package that I bought, is that the lenses have the original boxes, and the order form that the original owner filled out in 1976 (34 years ago!). There are even two Asahi Pentax soft leather cases from that era (I have never seen these before) that are still in fantastic condition! And matching pristine SMC Pentax skylight filters for each one. What a treat.

Anyway, enjoy these shots of my new acquisitions. I love the K series lenses and there are still a few that I'd really love to get my hands on. I will try to share a few photos soon from these classics.

I may even get the K2 CLAd so that I can enjoy shooting some film. But I'm still trying to figure out which film camera(s) to pick to have CLAd.

Here is my current full lineup of K series lenses. (includes the above plus 135/2.5 and 85/1.8)
08-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #768
Veteran Member

What a great find Jim.

It's amazing to see all this stuff in original boxes no less. I didn't realize Pentax made leather pouches for their lenses back in the 70s. Speaking from experience that K2 is certainly worth sending out for a cleaning and lube job. This is especially true if the ASA ring is stiff. The ASA ring gets a bad rap but is simple to use once you fingure it out. There is a button on the underside of the camera you must press before it will turn. These rings tend to gum up over the years although that camera looks almost new. I've had a K2 for a long time and I like it a lot. I'm sure you will too.

Tom G

Last edited by 8540tomg; 08-23-2010 at 09:16 AM. Reason: typo
08-23-2010, 11:33 AM   #769
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
I tried an M50/1.7 and an A50/1.7 but have sold one and am about to list the other for sale as I prefer the K55/2. There are some more pics from this weekend in the DA limited club and M club if you're interested.
Great Sam, sure will, gotta stay away from DA's though, so much as touch one and
I'll be nothing but a grim statistic.

Think Jim would let us use his "time machine", have a couple of issue's I'd like to tweak.

08-23-2010, 04:57 PM   #770
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by arpaagent Quote

K2, 50mm F1.4, 28mm F3.5, 200mm F4. Not exactly the rarest of breeds, but some that I have been certainly wishing to try out or get back. The K-series 50/1.4 was the first manual lens I got when I got into the DSLR game a few years back. Unfortunately, I found some slight fungus, attempted a repair, and in doing so ended up having to trash the lens . Finally I got the lens back, I really love this fast 50 for it's build quality and timeless IQ.

What's interesting about the package that I bought, is that the lenses have the original boxes, and the order form that the original owner filled out in 1976 (34 years ago!). There are even two Asahi Pentax soft leather cases from that era (I have never seen these before) that are still in fantastic condition! And matching pristine SMC Pentax skylight filters for each one. What a treat.

Anyway, enjoy these shots of my new acquisitions. I love the K series lenses and there are still a few that I'd really love to get my hands on. I will try to share a few photos soon from these classics.

I may even get the K2 CLAd so that I can enjoy shooting some film. But I'm still trying to figure out which film camera(s) to pick to have CLAd.

Here is my current full lineup of K series lenses. (includes the above plus 135/2.5 and 85/1.8)
Great find, the stuff looks brand new!! You don’t see the original boxes and paperwork very often either.

Congratulations and enjoy!!

Phil
08-23-2010, 05:25 PM   #771
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 8540tomg Quote
What a great find Jim.

It's amazing to see all this stuff in original boxes no less. I didn't realize Pentax made leather pouches for their lenses back in the 70s. Speaking from experience that K2 is certainly worth sending out for a cleaning and lube job. This is especially true if the ASA ring is stiff. The ASA ring gets a bad rap but is simple to use once you fingure it out. There is a button on the underside of the camera you must press before it will turn. These rings tend to gum up over the years although that camera looks almost new. I've had a K2 for a long time and I like it a lot. I'm sure you will too.

Tom G
Tom it looks like the soft lens cases first appeared on the scene with the K series launch in 1975. (I found them listed in the K series accessories guide)

Two sizes are listed:

Large - for lenses 200mm or smaller. (80mm dia. x 200mm) (Not for K200/2.5)
Small - for lenses 135mm or smaller. (80mm dia. x 180mm) (Not for K28 shift or K15/3.5)

Phil.
08-23-2010, 10:44 PM   #772
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by arpaagent Quote
Wow....it's like you just walked into a store 30 years ago and bought them brand new....really really nice...

08-23-2010, 10:48 PM   #773
Veteran Member

From our vacation......K35/3.5. I had a Tak on for the first few shots but the lighting changed so fast the rainbow is almost gone for the K shots

08-30-2010, 03:41 PM   #774
Veteran Member

K 24mm F2.8

Just wanted to bump this thread back to the front page

Kind regards
.lars
08-30-2010, 06:54 PM   #775
Veteran Member

Alexander very nice - which lens?
08-31-2010, 06:31 AM   #776
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Just wanted to bump this thread back to the front page
With shots like that, great way to do it. Really wanted that K24/2.8 when it was
current, in early '80s and just couldnt afford it at the time, around here that was a
very popular lens. Have anymore on film with it lars?
08-31-2010, 09:04 AM   #777
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BillM Quote
With shots like that, great way to do it. Really wanted that K24/2.8 when it was
current, in early '80s and just couldnt afford it at the time, around here that was a
very popular lens. Have anymore on film with it lars?
Thanks! It's a very nice lens. Unfortunately I have not tested it on film yet.

Kind regards
.lars
09-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #778
Forum Member

K20 f/4.0

Prague, the Charles Bridge:

09-03-2010, 05:58 PM   #779
Veteran Member

I've just rediscovered manual focussing

exif should be intact, i just resized and framed for here, i'm amazed how good the image is out of the camera.
1st photo was taken a few days back and the feet was taken with default camera settings, i need to reset back from default

Last edited by Clicker; 09-03-2010 at 06:13 PM.
09-03-2010, 06:46 PM   #780
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Sheep in motion

Here's another from the K55/2. There is a better one than this in my "single in september" album.

Sam
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo