Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4278 Likes Search this Thread
11-27-2014, 02:16 PM   #2056

Photos: Albums
Pentax K30 f2.8

In the exif data it says 28mm but was in fact 30mm you know that it asks for this at the beginning but must have accidently gone to 28mm but this is one of my favourites in B&W. This is wide enough for my purposes

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
11-27-2014, 02:52 PM - 1 Like   #2057
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
'family' shots

shot of 55 with 17, and vice versa. Love the close focus ability on the 17 must work on DOF though

11-27-2014, 03:04 PM   #2058

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
shot of 55 with 17, and vice versa. Love the close focus ability on the 17 must work on DOF though
I was going to do that at the beginning to show the lenses in person really like seeing them for some reason a guy further back has them lined up which I thought was awesome. You kind of get a personal view of the condition with which they have to work and if they are looked after or not. I was amazed particularly by the lenses I purchased they looked as though they had never been used only the 85mm had a slight bit of wear on the barrel, this is understandable after 30 odd years of use, if at all. They are becoming like family to me hopefully last till the end of days I hope. Thanks

---------- Post added 11-27-14 at 03:19 PM ----------

Is that the fisheye 17mm if you don't mind me asking?
11-27-2014, 04:10 PM - 1 Like   #2059
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PENTAX LEEBO Quote
[/COLOR]
Is that the fisheye 17mm if you don't mind me asking?
That is indeed, my DA15 antidote Horizontally the field of view is between DA14 and DA15 but oh so bendy!

11-27-2014, 04:44 PM   #2060

That is indeed, my DA15 antidote Horizontally the field of view is between DA14 and DA15 but oh so bendy!
It is an antidote, I still have slight cravings for lenses but this is just an enjoyable hobby for me so have to put a lid on "oh wouldn't it be better if I had x lens then it would be so much better" no. You have to draw the line somewhere. I had a bridge camera before this and that was great never had to think about lenses, sometimes miss the just taking photos now I have to think about what lens would suit taking what photo. Thats why I just leave the 30mm on as just enjoy photoing and is a nice focal length, the others are for if wanting to have the lovely bokeh and low light really. Thanks, hope to see some photos from your endeavours with the 55mm

Last edited by PENTAX LEEBO; 11-27-2014 at 11:23 PM.
11-29-2014, 02:47 AM - 3 Likes   #2061
Pentaxian

Using the K28/3.5 every day this November, as part of a Single in challenge - its a great way to get to know a lens. I shot this ghostly apparition yesterday and processed it with more flare/old paper. Its actually a white gravestone, sitting among the grey stones, and lit by a low winter sun.
11-29-2014, 03:52 AM   #2062
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by utak Quote

Using the K28/3.5 every day this November, as part of a Single in challenge - its a great way to get to know a lens. I shot this ghostly apparition yesterday and processed it with more flare/old paper. Its actually a white gravestone, sitting among the grey stones, and lit by a low winter sun.
This is a very moving photograph. It speaks to the soul. The best I've seen in a long, long time. Bravo, sir.

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA

11-29-2014, 11:01 AM - 1 Like   #2063

Pentax k55 f1.8

Was out with the 55mm today some wild roses
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
11-29-2014, 12:06 PM   #2064
Veteran Member

Yes a Jack Russell and thanks only learning at the moment as focusing manually can be quite a task but with practice shouldn't be a problem I actually prefer it, gives me chance to really take in the subject matter. Want to really get into focus by feet and try to show some results on here.

I have owned many, many dogs over the course of my lifetime, but the smartest, most trainable were Jack Russells. My current charge is a little JR/Scottish Terrier mix. An odd combination, to be sure, but still, he retains the JR temperament and intelligence. As far as manual lenses and focusing, I cut my teeth almost 50 years ago using nothing BUT manual focus lenses.... because that's all there were! Actually, I prefer them most of the time. An added advantage is, third-party, manual focus lenses can be had for, as they say, "A song, and sing it yourself!"

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA

---------- Post added 11-29-14 at 12:13 PM ----------

Was out with the 55mm today some wild roses
I noticed that your shutter speed was quite high, especially on the second shot, and it appears as if your depth of field suffered as a result of it. Might I suggest a smaller aperture? Two very nice captures that could be improved upon with a little tweaking. I've found that if I shoot several shots with ever-increasing aperture settings, I can select the one that's the best during editing. The pink flowers against the pale blue background works quite well.

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA

Last edited by Dewman; 11-29-2014 at 12:19 PM.
11-29-2014, 12:17 PM   #2065

QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
I have owned many, many dogs over the course of my lifetime, but the smartest, most trainable were Jack Russells. My current charge is a little JR/Scottish Terrier mix. An odd combination, to be sure, but still, he retains the JR temperament and intelligence. As far as manual lenses and focusing, I cut my teeth almost 50 years ago using nothing BUT manual focus lenses.... because that's all there were! Actually, I prefer them most of the time. An added advantage is, third-party, manual focus lenses can be had for, as they say, "A song, and sing it yourself!"

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA

I noticed that your shutter speed was quite high, especially on the second shot, and it appears as if your depth of field suffered as a result of it. Might I suggest a smaller aperture? Two very nice captures that could be improved upon with a little tweaking. Also, the pink flowers against the pale blue background works well.

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA
Yes agree totally was out today with the 55mm for a change just to mix it up a little, then saw someone from work with the missus & child so out came the 85mm for a test portrait session. They loved the photos and may have a job photoing them in a more ideal settings. You really have to take a bit of time with the manuals but the results can be outstanding. Thanks
11-29-2014, 02:48 PM   #2066
Pentaxian

This is a very moving photograph. It speaks to the soul. The best I've seen in a long, long time. Bravo, sir.
Thank you. I really appreciate this.
11-29-2014, 03:12 PM - 2 Likes   #2067
Veteran Member

11-29-2014, 03:22 PM   #2068

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA

I noticed that your shutter speed was quite high, especially on the second shot, and it appears as if your depth of field suffered as a result of it. Might I suggest a smaller aperture? Two very nice captures that could be improved upon with a little tweaking. I've found that if I shoot several shots with ever-increasing aperture settings, I can select the one that's the best during editing. The pink flowers against the pale blue background works quite well.

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA
Thanks for the advice will bear that in mind for the next time much appreciate your feedback on this thanks
11-30-2014, 03:24 AM - 3 Likes   #2069
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

Poppies in an oilseed rape field, Hertfordshire par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

K20D, K28/3.5.
11-30-2014, 10:08 AM   #2070
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
That's lovely!