Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2008, 07:34 PM   #196
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Hey Gary I just got a Super Lentar 28/2.8 with a spotmatic on ebay. Mine isn't the auto version though. Is yours skinnier than most lenses? That part of it is kind of wild. Different to be sure. Mine also has 12 aperture blades, which I've heard but have never seen.

However, I think my old Cosina 28/2.8 gives me sharper, brighter images.
No Mel, mine isn't skinny, it's weird looking though, the alternating silver and black. Feels good to use though.

10-21-2008, 07:03 AM   #197
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yashinon DX 35/2.8, Yashica TL Electro-X, Ilford XP2

10-21-2008, 08:48 AM   #198
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Yashinon DX 35/2.8, Yashica TL Electro-X, Ilford XP2
Great shot! When I first getting into photography as a teen, I dearly wanted a TL Electro-X. While no longer made today, the Yashinon lenses as with all Yashica products, had a good reputation at the time your camera was built.

Steve
10-21-2008, 09:00 AM   #199
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nesster, I really enjoy your style of photography....BRAVO

10-21-2008, 11:49 AM   #200
mel
Veteran Member

I just found, braving the basement, packed away in a box for several years, my old Soligar m42 mount, 90-230/4.5 zoom. I knew it was around somewhere but I had lost track of it several moves ago. But alas, no time to play. I have to go to work in a few. It's a heavy sucker. All metal construction, built in hood. The thing's a lethal weapon. It's from the days when I had my first Spottie (not the "new" one I just got on the bay).
10-21-2008, 01:29 PM   #201
Veteran Member

I just found, braving the basement, packed away in a box for several years, my old Soligar m42 mount, 90-230/4.5 zoom. It's a heavy sucker. All metal construction, built in hood. The thing's a lethal weapon. It's from the days when I had my first Spottie (not the "new" one I just got on the bay).

I recently got one in T4 Vivitar guise, it came with the 200mm I was 'really' buying. I have a photo set showing the T4/Tx mounts somewhere around this forum too.

I tried it out the other day, doing some 'lens testing'. The damn thing is pretty GOOD at 90-135mm at least, nicely saturated and with very nice bokeh indeed.
10-21-2008, 01:45 PM   #202
mel
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
I recently got one in T4 Vivitar guise, it came with the 200mm I was 'really' buying. I have a photo set showing the T4/Tx mounts somewhere around this forum too.

I tried it out the other day, doing some 'lens testing'. The damn thing is pretty GOOD at 90-135mm at least, nicely saturated and with very nice bokeh indeed.
Seeing how I am a danger to myself and those around me, I drove to work (there now) with the thing in my lap looking through it and cleaning it at the stoplights. I'm bummed to have discovered that one of the inner elements has some fogging and something that looks like it could be mildew. Not surprising given the treatment the poor thing has had.

Is it possible to take these things apart and clean them? I'm fairly handy with that kind of stuff (having repaired complicated musical instruments like oboes and clarinets, and installed household things like sinks and stuff).

10-21-2008, 01:55 PM   #203
Damn Brit

Seeing how I am a danger to myself and those around me, I drove to work (there now) with the thing in my lap looking through it and cleaning it at the stoplights. I'm bummed to have discovered that one of the inner elements has some fogging and something that looks like it could be mildew. Not surprising given the treatment the poor thing has had.

Is it possible to take these things apart and clean them? I'm fairly handy with that kind of stuff (having repaired complicated musical instruments like oboes and clarinets, and installed household things like sinks and stuff).
You could try leaving it in the sun for a day or two Mel (as a first, non invasive suggestion).
10-22-2008, 07:13 AM   #204
Pentaxian

Another Vivitar 28 2.8 Close focus (K2) image from me. Cairns Esplanade, Tamarind tree, new growth...

This one is from the day before in the rain; The Southern side of Trinity Inlet

Both images taken with K20D
10-22-2008, 08:24 AM   #205
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
Another Vivitar 28 2.8 Close focus (K2) image from me. Cairns Esplanade, Tamarind tree, new growth...

Gorgeous, Bravo
10-22-2008, 09:14 AM   #206
Veteran Member

anyone for ProSpec?

somehow I have missed this topic until recently! Lots of interesting
lenses and some good images, too. Here's a brand I didn't see
mentioned while skimming through - ProSpec. I got a ProSpec 135mm/f.28
in a box of miscellaneous lenses I got cheap ($25). It's a KR mount, so I had
to do the pin-removal thing and the "A" setting doesn't seem to function
with my K100DS. Otherwise, it's a fine lens.

beauty shots:
front:

side:

(the lens cap was in the box, too, it fits the ProSpec and gives me a chuckle )

Here's some examples of images I have gotten with this lens - click for larger versions

this shot of a dahlia was taken with the lens mounted on my bellows - I really like this combination

10-22-2008, 10:45 AM   #207
Veteran Member

That bellows shot is really good. It doesn't work nearly as well at a distance (1st image), but seems like a really nice lens to use with the macro setup.
10-23-2008, 04:07 AM   #208
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by maxwell1295 Quote
That bellows shot is really good. It doesn't work nearly as well at a distance (1st image), but seems like a really nice lens to use with the macro setup.
thanks Alan. I find 135mm to be a good length to use with the bellows,
I can go up to 1:1 with a decent working distance.

That first shot is wide open, it sharpens up a little when you close it.
10-24-2008, 06:45 AM   #209
Veteran Member

One last one from the Wall Street crisis... Yashica TL Electro-X, Ilford XP2, Yashinon DX 35/2.8, Duane Reed scan
10-24-2008, 07:32 AM   #210

Made with a Schneider 150mm Componon enlarger lens on a tilt shift bellows...

The exposure is a little bit off... not that easy to use this combination as you have to meter before tilting (as I had to find out...)
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SAMSUNG GX10  Photo