Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 79 Likes Search this Thread
10-23-2010, 12:36 PM   #751
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
Alan, read here Manual Focus Lenses :: View topic - Mystery lens (Ensinor 24/2.8 macro) you may find enough clues to bring you to one of these lenses. Best!

Ernest
Thank You very much for the link to the MFF site and thread about these Ensinor lenses. I searched to day on ebay but not the whole internet to see if I could find any lenses under the various names and came across quite a few plus some special ones like a faster than average 500 mm. However there was just one 24 m under another name for a steep price. The store called gokevincameras seems to always over price their BIN listings plus I do not like the airwatches store but they seemed to have the largest bunch of these Cima Kogaku lenses. Of course I will keep watching and this one might be one I would pay for shipping for another country. Their is getting to be a number of auctions from Australia now!

10-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #752
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Stevebrot: I picked up a little utility called ExifTool along with a GUI front end (ExifToolGUI) that allows me to "correct" the wrongly imported focal length information. It also allows me to insert lens id's too. Very cool.

Steve
Excellent--I often wondered if something like this would become available. I use more lenses than my ex used shoes---this would help me to keep track of them, though I doubt it would help her. Thanks Steve, I'll search it out.
10-23-2010, 08:48 PM   #753
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Kacansas03: Thank You very much for the link to the MFF site and thread about these Ensinor lenses. I searched to day on ebay but not the whole internet to see if I could find any lenses under the various names and came across quite a few plus some special ones like a faster than average 500 mm. However there was just one 24 m under another name for a steep price. The store called gokevincameras seems to always over price their BIN listings plus I do not like the airwatches store but they seemed to have the largest bunch of these Cima Kogaku lenses. Of course I will keep watching and this one might be one I would pay for shipping for another country. Their is getting to be a number of auctions from Australia now!
Patience is a virtue, even in this field--hang in there & one is sure to surface.
10-23-2010, 10:36 PM   #754
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
Excellent--I often wondered if something like this would become available. I use more lenses than my ex used shoes---this would help me to keep track of them, though I doubt it would help her. Thanks Steve, I'll search it out.
It has been around for awhile. The command line interface is pretty powerful and lends itself to being scripted, but is more trouble than it is worth. The GUI tool is much nicer if perhaps a little obtuse.

Steve

10-24-2010, 05:27 PM   #755
Veteran Member

Lentar lens?

Anyone have any idea of how good a Super Lentar 21 mm lens might be? Has anyone used one of these? Anyone used one on a Pentax digital body? i may be in a position of winning one of these on eBay because the other fella bid a lot more driving my bid up to more than I though the lens is worth. My mistake if it is no good but if it has any redeeming qualities it just might be a good thing. So I ask your opinions. Oh, also does anyone have an idea who built these lenses in Japan? Thanks in advance.
10-24-2010, 06:21 PM   #756
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Kacansas03 Anyone have any idea of how good a Super Lentar 21 mm lens might be? Has anyone used one of these? Anyone used one on a Pentax digital body? i may be in a position of winning one of these on eBay because the other fella bid a lot more driving my bid up to more than I though the lens is worth. My mistake if it is no good but if it has any redeeming qualities it just might be a good thing. So I ask your opinions. Oh, also does anyone have an idea who built these lenses in Japan? Thanks in advance.

I have not shot with one. But here at the Fred Miranda site there is an interesting discussion of the brand and some of its historical underpinnings. BTW, I have seen that lens priced from 100 to 200 bucks in various mounts. I hope some of this helps you. Also, do not let the title of this thread scare you; the discussion there, especially by jcolwell, leaves the original subject of the 135mm.

Lentar Tele-Lentar 135mm f/2.8 - FM Forums
10-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #757
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kacansas03 Quote
Anyone have any idea of how good a Super Lentar 21 mm lens might be? Has anyone used one of these? Anyone used one on a Pentax digital body? i may be in a position of winning one of these on eBay because the other fella bid a lot more driving my bid up to more than I though the lens is worth. My mistake if it is no good but if it has any redeeming qualities it just might be a good thing. So I ask your opinions. Oh, also does anyone have an idea who built these lenses in Japan? Thanks in advance.
Here is one for sale to give you an ideal of high end pricing:
Collectible...

Steve

10-24-2010, 08:44 PM   #758
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Here is one for sale to give you an ideal of high end pricing:
Collectible...

Steve
Thanks Jeweltrail and Steve. It does seem that I am in range and given this lenses pedigree, from a Pentax owner, little used but in excellent condition plus in M42 with an original K mount adapter I think I have not gone wrong. Add to this the Vivitar in Konica that I am almost done converting to K mount I should have a couple of good wide primes. I have read that the Vivitar 20 is the same lens as the 19 and they actually changed the designation to 19mm due to it's testing consistently below 20mm. Neither is a fast lens with both close to f4 but I plan for their use to be for scenic shots which should be well lit. At least I will have one for both my camera and my wife's. I have been doing intense work on the 20 so I have been forgetting to take photos of the process. I promise to take some shots after I finish that should show just how much hacking it took to get the 5mm of registration distance.
Thanks Again people.
10-24-2010, 09:49 PM   #759
Veteran Member

It sounds like you are set--better slow down before full-blown LBA sets in. Here are some shots with the more common 28mm Super Lentar, 28mm being more common from all makers I suspect. Super Lentar 28mm f/2.8 test (lots of images :D) (Page 1) - Gallery - Manual Focus Forum Scroll all the way down, the 2nd series by ATH has much better shots. The Lentar lenses seem to have a uniform rep for being decent. Good Luck!

Further research on my part shows Steve's price guide more realistic.
10-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #760
Inactive Account

I did received the Tele-Lentar 135mm 2.8. It looks great with 16 blades!!!
I think I don't need the Pentagon 135mm 2.8 16 blades anymore
10-25-2010, 01:06 PM   #761
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tuanle Quote
I did received the Tele-Lentar 135mm 2.8. It looks great with 16 blades!!!
I think I don't need the Pentagon 135mm 2.8 16 blades anymore
well, I think we have to compare images shot with both lenses to see if you really don't need it already.

post your best shots with the Tele-Lentar and I will post mine with the Pentacon. deal?
10-25-2010, 01:25 PM   #762
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
well, I think we have to compare images shot with both lenses to see if you really don't need it already.

post your best shots with the Tele-Lentar and I will post mine with the Pentacon. deal?
I can post some test shot at f2.8, f4, f5.6 and f8. Hope that I can get the right focus at f8
10-25-2010, 02:21 PM   #763
Inactive Account

All jpeg files are got directly from camera, no PP.

f2.8, 1/13s

f4, 1/7s

f5.6, 1/4s

f8, 1/2s
10-26-2010, 10:39 PM   #764
Veteran Member

Osawa 70-210 f4-5

This lens has some very nice bokeh--though this is not a scene to see it in.

11-04-2010, 09:03 AM   #765
Veteran Member

Ensinor 24mm CF 2.8

This is a very nice lens--No shapening added, even after downsizing--probably f 5.6 , 1/3rd, iso 100.