Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 79 Likes Search this Thread
11-05-2010, 06:37 PM   #766
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
This is a very nice lens--No shapening added, even after downsizing--probably f 5.6 , 1/3rd, iso 100.
Looks like another winner!

Steve

11-06-2010, 02:32 PM   #767

Edixa Iscotar 100/4

Does anyone have information about this lens? I have searched the web with no results. I love the images of off brand lenses. Thank you starting this club!

Edixa Iscotar 100/4.5 - a set on Flickr
11-06-2010, 03:09 PM - 1 Like   #768
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by brady tuckett Quote
Does anyone have information about this lens? I have searched the web with no results. I love the images of off brand lenses. Thank you starting this club!
You are so welcome! Welcome to the Pentax Forums too!

Your Edixa looks to make a nice image. I am not familiar with your particular model, though here is a good to post your images and stir up some interest in the lens. You might also try over at the Manual Focus Forum:
Manual Focus Lenses

Steve
11-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #769
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Brady, I think you'll find the manuafacturer was Isco Gottingen. Edixa is the name of the camera brand the lens was supplied for. Isco Gottingen lenses usually have on the name rim the camera the lens was supplied for. I have a 50mm f2.8 Isco lens with Edixa on the name plate.
This might provide you a little more enlightenment.
Edixa - Camerapedia.org

11-06-2010, 05:45 PM   #770
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Ensinor 24 f 2.8 CF

QuoteQuote:
stevebrot: Looks like another winner!

Steve
I think you are right. My copy is K-mount. Since the lens does not stop down until I depress the shutter button, I get the advantage of focusing with the bright 2.8 aperture, always. I read that copies of this lens are around in M42 though.
11-06-2010, 09:56 PM   #771

Edixa Iscotar

Thank you for the replies. Edixa Iscotar is what is written on the lens. It is a 100mm 4.5 with too many blades to count. Here is another photo...

PORTRAIT 2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
11-07-2010, 01:53 PM   #772
Veteran Member

Osawa 70-210 f4-5

A nice performing lens--probably 5.6

Last edited by Jewelltrail; 11-07-2010 at 08:46 PM.
11-07-2010, 08:43 PM   #773
Banned

Mitakon 85/2

@f/2:
11-16-2010, 07:10 PM   #774
Inactive Account

Just picked up three more "off brand" lenses today, so I thought I'd join the club. Need to get some good samples from these when I have time.

Bushnell 35mm f2.8 (Anyone know who made this?)
Focal 70-210 f4-5.6 (Tokina)
JCPenney 28mm f2.8 (Think it is a Tokina)
Mamiya Sekor 60mm f2.8 Macro 1:1 (Tomioka also sold as Yashinon)
Suntar 135mm f2.8 (No idea about this one either)

Got the Bushnell, Mamiya and Suntar today, I've mostly been playing with the Mamiya, it is my first true macro.

Here is a sample from the Mamiya:

Still learning how to shoot macro and also getting used to the preset aperture deal, so I don't have many keepers yet.
11-16-2010, 07:49 PM   #775
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I am new to all of this and by no means any kind of photographer, Just a beginner having a little fun. Here is a Yashinon version of the Tomioka 60mm Macro that my Dad gave me. He bought this lens new in 1971 or 1972. I was with him at the base exchange when he purchased it. This was hand held no PP other than cropping. This is ISO200, 1/640th shutter speed, and the lens was wide open at f2.8. I don't know enough to know if this is good or not? I took this this afternoon on some Coral Vine in my backyard With my new K-X.

Thanks for looking

Al
Attached Images

11-16-2010, 09:20 PM   #776
Veteran Member

No need to be so modest Al! That shot is great!

I too have some new stuff... Mainly a M42 mount Petri 55mm f1.8. From my preliminary tests, the lens is very suitable for portraiture, especially wide open, due to a very interesting softness on high contrast edges (some sort of blooming perhaps). However if you stop it down to 2.8 (no half-stops on that one), it turns very sharp and contrast improves as well. CA disappears completely by f8. Although the focus ring is rather smooth and its action is long, the half metal, half plastic build leaves a lot to be desired, especially when compared to a Pentax-M lens. Aperture ring is rather flimsy and not very reassuring – but it works fine. So other than some cosmetic/feel issues, this turned out to be a decent purchase ($15 bucks with two other lenses which unfortunately were under-described and turned out to be the petri mount).

Here is a shot of the lens:

Wide open:

100% crop:

f2.8
11-16-2010, 09:51 PM   #777
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
elliott Just picked up three more "off brand" lenses today, so I thought I'd join the club. Need to get some good samples from these when I have time.
Well, I sure hope you find the time, soon. I am looking forward to seeing you post with these lenses. The Mamiya sample sure is a very nice entree.
QuoteQuote:
Al_T I am new to all of this and by no means any kind of photographer, Just a beginner having a little fun. Here is a Yashinon version of the Tomioka 60mm Macro that my Dad gave me. He bought this lens new in 1971 or 1972. I was with him at the base exchange when he purchased it. This was hand held no PP other than cropping. This is ISO200, 1/640th shutter speed, and the lens was wide open at f2.8. I don't know enough to know if this is good or not? I took this this afternoon on some Coral Vine in my backyard With my new K-X.

Thanks for looking

Al
Great IQ in that Yashinon shot! Is this a cropped version of the original? Tx.

QuoteQuote:
Voytech No need to be so modest Al! That shot is great!

I too have some new stuff... Mainly a M42 mount Petri 55mm f1.8. From my preliminary tests, the lens is very suitable for portraiture, especially wide open, due to a very interesting softness on high contrast edges (some sort of blooming perhaps). However if you stop it down to 2.8 (no half-stops on that one), it turns very sharp and contrast improves as well. CA disappears completely by f8. Although the focus ring is rather smooth and its action is long, the half metal, half plastic build leaves a lot to be desired, especially when compared to a Pentax-M lens. Aperture ring is rather flimsy and not very reassuring – but it works fine. So other than some cosmetic/feel issues, this turned out to be a decent purchase ($15 bucks with two other lenses which unfortunately were under-described and turned out to be the petri mount).

Here is a shot of the lens:
Please correct me if I'm wrong--are you saying you got 3 lenses for $15, and you are describing this deal as "decent." And you tell Al to put the modesty away??? I understand the build quality is not up there with Pentax lenses, but for that excellent IQ, @ that miniscule price you make Scrooge look like a big spender to call this take "decent"
11-16-2010, 10:49 PM   #778
Veteran Member

Lol. I suppose I was just too greedy, hoping the other two lenses would work as well. One of them is a dud though. It's a 200mm f4 with a sticky aperture (well more like stuck), gallons of oil on the blades and fungus on the rear element.
11-16-2010, 10:52 PM   #779
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by elliott Quote
Focal 70-210 f4-5.6 (Tokina)
Discussions on this forum indicated this lens is very likely made by Samyang (as other Focal brand lenses were), and also branded as "QTII", but not made by Tokina.
11-16-2010, 11:15 PM   #780
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by nater Quote
Discussions on this forum indicated this lens is very likely made by Samyang (as other Focal brand lenses were), and also branded as "QTII", but not made by Tokina.
I didn't know Samyang was around back then, I know they make some nice stuff now, I have their 8mm fisheye under the Rokinon brand. You are talking about the Focal brand that K-Mart carried in the 1980s, right?