Show Printable Version 79 Likes Search this Thread
10-24-2008, 08:22 AM   #211
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is that your model?

10-24-2008, 09:00 AM   #212

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Is that your model?
Thats real, but taken with a tilted lens.

Its called fake miniature, but this was created with a real tilted lens and not per photoshop as most other fake miniatures floating around in the net.

I have only recently finished the whole setup (M42 Tilt Shift bellows, Schneider Componon 150mm enlarger lens, M39 to M42 adapter) and am still practising to get acceptable results as the lens is quite long and the whole combination rather cumbersome to handle.

Once I got more (better...) examples to post I will start a seperate thread on the whole setup.

Last edited by memira; 10-24-2008 at 09:08 AM.
10-24-2008, 10:05 AM   #213
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by memira Quote
Thats real, but taken with a tilted lens.

Its called fake miniature, but this was created with a real tilted lens and not per photoshop as most other fake miniatures floating around in the net.

I have only recently finished the whole setup (M42 Tilt Shift bellows, Schneider Componon 150mm enlarger lens, M39 to M42 adapter) and am still practising to get acceptable results as the lens is quite long and the whole combination rather cumbersome to handle.

Once I got more (better...) examples to post I will start a seperate thread on the whole setup.
My question is: Where did you get a tilt/shift bellows!!! I have a Componon-S 50mm and would love to try this sort of stuff.

Steve
10-24-2008, 01:51 PM   #214

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
My question is: Where did you get a tilt/shift bellows!!! I have a Componon-S 50mm and would love to try this sort of stuff.

Steve
I stumbled across by pure luck. There is a small shop in my hometown who sells old cameras and lenses and he had this bellows to offer for 30 CHf. Its made by WEP and is similar to the Nikon PB-4 bellows.

I just went for it and found out that one can get infinity focus by using enlarger lenses. There are several web sites dealing with this topic like Tilt-shift bellows

However your Componon-S 50 is rather short for this setup...

I have another enlarger lens, a 105 componon, but that one seems to have a 26mm thread and I have still to find an adapter to use it with the bellows.

As posted earlier I will soon start a separate dedicated thread on the whole setup once I got some more practice and some more samples.

10-25-2008, 07:35 PM   #215
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I love this thread. These are the first pictures I've posted on the forum, taken with an Auto Rikenon 55mm 1:2.8 on the K10D.
10-25-2008, 11:45 PM   #216
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by memira Quote
However your Componon-S 50 is rather short for this setup...

Good point. I probably would not be able to attain infinity focus with that focal length.

Steve
10-29-2008, 11:22 AM   #217

Cosmicar 70-200 f/4 macro

10-29-2008, 12:24 PM   #218
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bstewart87 Quote
Cosmicar 70-200 f/4 macro
Welcome to the club! Your Cosmicar is welcome, though many would point out that is a cousin to genuine Pentax-branded lenses. Regardless of name, like many lenses on this thread it delivers great results. Good work!

Steve
11-04-2008, 08:21 PM   #219

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Welcome to the club! Your Cosmicar is welcome, though many would point out that is a cousin to genuine Pentax-branded lenses. Regardless of name, like many lenses on this thread it delivers great results. Good work!

Steve
Thanks!

11-04-2008, 08:33 PM   #220
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bstewart87 Quote

Looks like you have been hanging out at the same pond as vagrant10!

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/41006-koi-experiment-cov...tml#post385187

Steve
11-04-2008, 08:33 PM   #221
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Ricoh P 70-210 f3.9 macro. Just a few shots hand held around the yard. All I did was resize and post. I wish you could see how good they look in full size on my 24" Dell. I'll take some with a tripod and repost with better lighting later.

Thanks For Eyeing These
Jack
11-06-2008, 05:26 AM   #222
Veteran Member

May i join the club with my Pallas Magenta AD 28mm f/2.8, K-mount?
Pretty big and heavy lens, fully metal, 62mm filter thread, with nice heavy aperture clicks. Focusing ring is really nicely dampened and rotates almost 270 degrees - useful for precise focusing, but also very inconvenient when you need to focus quickly.

Anyone heard of that brand? Google says it could be from holland..
11-06-2008, 11:40 AM   #223
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by elkarrde Quote
May i join the club with my Pallas Magenta AD 28mm f/2.8, K-mount?
Pretty big and heavy lens, fully metal, 62mm filter thread, with nice heavy aperture clicks. Focusing ring is really nicely dampened and rotates almost 270 degrees - useful for precise focusing, but also very inconvenient when you need to focus quickly.

Anyone heard of that brand? Google says it could be from holland..
Of course you can join! We are always interested in seeing the results from unusual or little-known glass. Show us some of your pictures and maybe even a picture of the lens. It sounds like a pretty hefty piece...62mm filter ring! I also did a quick Google and found one reference to some association with Miranda.

Steve
11-07-2008, 10:35 AM   #224

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
I have that Cosina on the left, same one, 28mm/f2.8. I used it quite a bit on my K1000 and was always happy with it. Playing around with it again on my K10D (nothing serious, just some testing shots around the house wide open, the images seem to be pretty sharp and bright with accurate color rendering.

I got the lens from my Grandmother when I was in college. It was hers, but then she decided I'd get better use out of it.
Then we are three having it. Got it from a friend who bought it in a kit during the 90s. Not a stellar performer but definitely ok. Tested it against a Takumar Bayonet 28mm and I would say the Cosina is sharper.

Björn
11-07-2008, 10:48 AM - 1 Like   #225

Super Weistar - DM

Hej

Really nice thread! Definitely gonna try and get some help identifying some of my lenses.

Haven't seen one of these. Super Weistar - DM 1:2.8 f=135mm. Now, I didn't have the oportunity to do good test shots but focused on the sharpness, for which a flower might do, right First one is 2.8, second 8.

Converting SEk to US dollars I paid 6 bucks for it.

I have been trying to find out more about the lens but got stuck.

Yes. When there is a little bit better weather a third party review might come

Björn
Attached Images