Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3394 Likes Search this Thread
12-22-2014, 01:20 AM   #2491
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Can I still play in this thread?

Bought an M42 to F mount adapter which works extremely well (even better than the pentax one) and finally tested out my Helios 44M-6 on my new D810.

Helios Ella
by Crew One Photography, on Flickr

So, so happy I can continue to use this lens (and other M42 lenses).

12-30-2014, 07:18 AM   #2492
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello

I've aquired an Mir 1b which arrived in the post today and I was wondering if anybody could post an example of how they sealed the light leaks that occur with the m42 adapter? (I have an SRB one)

I'm aware this isn't the right place to ask, but I'll pay photo tax with my Helios 44k

01-01-2015, 03:59 AM   #2493
Veteran Member

Light leaks on the adapter is news to me? I've got a couple of the cheap ebay ones that are a knock off of the Pentax ones.
01-01-2015, 06:05 AM   #2494
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dcBear78 Quote
Light leaks on the adapter is news to me? I've got a couple of the cheap ebay ones that are a knock off of the Pentax ones.
Bonne année et bonne santé !!!

I have a OEM Pentax M42 adapter and have never noticed any leak issues ...

One solution could to use a flanged adapter, but then you might (probably will) experience a loss of infinity ... YMMV. Salut, J

01-01-2015, 12:13 PM   #2495
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cabessius Quote
A few weeks ago I bought a Zenitar fisheye 16mm f2.8
Here´s a pic.

Awesome shot! Love the colors!
01-01-2015, 11:16 PM   #2496
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
I have a OEM Pentax M42 adapter and have never noticed any leak issues ...

One solution could to use a flanged adapter, but then you might (probably will) experience a loss of infinity ... YMMV. Salut, J
I've spotted it with some of my narrower East German lenses—the ones that tends to wobble on the mount, since they don't quite pull the adapter tight. Don't have a Mir 1B, so don't know if it's the same issue.

(I know someone had suggested using a rubber washer, placed around the base of the lens, to provide coverage over the bits of the adapter left exposed by those, but I haven't tried yet so can't speak to how well it would work.)
01-03-2015, 06:19 PM   #2497
Veteran Member

Well, luckily my adapter doesn't wobble at all, so that's something less to worry about

However the mir does indeed have a very small diameter at the rear. I've seen the rubber washer and whilst it surely works well for most lenses I think it'd be kinda awkward on the mir since the focusing ring is there.

this is the only photo I've got at the moment, for those that don't know what I'm talking about. (although I suppose most do!)

Not sure if I could have an adapter made that will have the same snug fit but without the slots to remove it? They're anyways only there for when the spring is mounted I'd say. I suppose you could drill one or two tiny threaded 'safety' holes into the thread of the adapter in case it thinks of wanting to stick in the camera, so that you could still remover it by screwing in a tiny screw and using it as lever to spin the adapter. I imagine it'd be a bit fiddly, but I don't believe it'd get stuck without the spring in the first place.. Others may be interested in something like that too.

01-03-2015, 07:10 PM   #2498
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Helios 44-3 58/2 - The best kept secret

If you want to know more about this wonderful lens, please go here to read my review of this lens.

01-04-2015, 02:03 AM   #2499
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pepe Guitarra Quote
If you want to know more about this wonderful lens, please go here to read my review of this lens.

Thanks for your write-up and "how to" mod ... and nice image(s). TFS, J
01-06-2015, 12:43 AM - 2 Likes   #2500
Veteran Member

Posted this on another forum so I though I might share here (probably more appropriate).

Modified Tair 3 to electronic shutter release.

Taking it apart.

Taking apat of the trigger assembly.

Attaching 3 pin switch (two roll pins and a screw). When the rigger is pulled, it will push the switch lever, activating it.

Took apart electronic shutter cable release and used it for this project. Solder and insulated connections. Also added several springs around first pin for little bit more resistance.

All done, very secure and works like its suppose to, electronically now.

And a few of the lens (s).

Few others (two are MC versions).
01-06-2015, 01:07 AM   #2501
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fiveseven Quote
Posted this on another forum so I though I might share here (probably more appropriate).

Modified Tair 3 to electronic shutter release.

Few others (two are MC versions).
Great idea and thanks. I just ordered another Foto-Snaiper grip from Rocky Cameras during their 1/2 price sale. I ordered it mainly for the shoulder extension/butt and the strap, both which I was missing form my thrift store copy. Now I will modify the second grip for use with the K-5! Thanks again ... J

01-06-2015, 06:54 AM   #2502
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great idea and thanks. I just ordered another Foto-Snaiper grip from Rocky Cameras during their 1/2 price sale. I ordered it mainly for the shoulder extension/butt and the strap, both which I was missing form my thrift store copy. Now I will modify the second grip for use with the K-5! Thanks again ... J
This camera can get someone shot, it looks just like a real gun.
01-06-2015, 11:17 AM   #2503
Veteran Member

^
Nonsense, it has a pistol grip and a short stock but only an idiot could not see a huge lens and a camera attached to it. Also, how your action is also can make a difference. In other words if you want people to think it's a gun and or point at them if they are unsure of it than you probably deserve to get shot.
I usually tape yellow electrical tape around the hood when shooting in parks or public areas, just to take an extra step and no one called cops or got scared, lots of interest and questions but all positive.

Not a problem, good luck to your conversion. This is my third one and each one is different.

Last edited by fiveseven; 01-06-2015 at 02:27 PM.
01-06-2015, 12:24 PM   #2504
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fiveseven Quote
^
Nonsense, it has a pistol grip and a short stock but only an idiot could not see a huge lens and a camera attached to it. Also, how your action is also can make a difference. In other words if you want people to think it's a gun and or point at them if they are unsure than you probably deserve to get shot.
I usually tape yellow electrical tape around the hood when shooting in parks or public areas, just to take an extra step and no one called cops of got scared, lots of interest and questions but all positive.

Not a problem, good luck to your conversion. This is my third one and each one is different.

That is what I meant, do not point it to a police officer.
01-07-2015, 09:42 AM   #2505
Pentaxian

Zenitar 16mm on a Samsung GX-10 (K10D clone). Defished in PT Lens. On APS-C the Zenitar defishes to about a 14mm rectilinear field of view. The wonky walls really are that curvy -- it's not a defishing side-effect.

(Cross-posted in the K10D Club)