Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2015, 07:52 AM   #2821
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Topsy Quote
What surprised me most is that it seems way more resistant to flaring badly than the 44k. I think I have some test shots against a lamp somewhere, I'll post them later!
That was my experience as well: it's not impossible to make the Industar-50-2 flare, but you really have to work at it to do so. (Though, when it does, it's quite ugly. I've never gotten pleasing flare out of it the few times that it has happened.) I suspect the small size of the front element has a lot to do with it.

08-30-2015, 02:21 PM - 1 Like   #2822
Veteran Member

- Sun clock
- A decoration on the sea-side promenade
- Kurhaus

These shots were taken in Haapsalu - western part of Estonia. Gear : Pentax k-3 and Helios 44K-4. All shots were done with a wide open aperture, because I forgot to switch to M mode. Processed in SilkyPix DS Pro 5.
08-30-2015, 03:49 PM - 1 Like   #2823
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here is another one with the Industar 50-2, slightly less processed. I wish I would remember the aperture I used for my manual lens shots..

foliage
09-03-2015, 01:53 AM - 2 Likes   #2824
Veteran Member

Here's another long exposure from the beach and the small, unprofessional [seperate days, no tripod ] flare test.

And the test: Flare test - Topsy93's Sta.sh

Have a nice day!

09-03-2015, 01:33 PM   #2825
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Topsy Quote
Here's another long exposure from the beach

Really like this: the lights/exposure, the grey-blue colours, and the details like the reflections on the wet sand. Very nice!
09-05-2015, 02:56 AM   #2826
Veteran Member

- A cruise ship Norwegian Star. Shot at F8.

- City lights. Using tripod and F8.

- A hook for mooring lines with a ship in the background. Wide open.

As seen in the first shot, when stopped down, the lens is uniformly sharp across the frame. Moreover it easily rivals modern lenses. The contrast is slightly lower and the colours might not be as vivid as from the modern counterparts, but this look has its own charm. All shots were processed in SilkyPix 6.
09-05-2015, 05:03 AM   #2827
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Stagnant Quote
- A cruise ship Norwegian Star. Shot at F8.

- City lights. Using tripod and F8.

- A hook for mooring lines with a ship in the background. Wide open.

As seen in the first shot, when stopped down, the lens is uniformly sharp across the frame. Moreover it easily rivals modern lenses. The contrast is slightly lower and the colours might not be as vivid as from the modern counterparts, but this look has its own charm. All shots were processed in SilkyPix 6.
Nice shots. What lens did you use?

09-05-2015, 05:25 AM   #2828
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stagnant Quote
- Sun clock
Got a similar shot:

Arsat 50mm f2, Nikon F2A and Superia 200.
09-05-2015, 05:26 AM   #2829
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pepe Guitarra Quote
Nice shots. What lens did you use?
Forgot to mention Helios 44K-4.

---------- Post added 09-05-15 at 03:27 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
Arsat 50mm f2, Nikon F2A and Superia 200.
Have you got a larger version of this shot ? I would like to look at the inscriptions on the base
09-09-2015, 02:12 AM - 1 Like   #2830
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Hi! The user paulh posts a lot of photos with that lens, maybe they can help you further. I just wanted to say that: Is not necessarily true with any lens. You never need to meter. But you can, if you want to. For some reason, many people think they need to press the green button before taking a shot. But if you pay attention, you can learn to adjust the settings yourself, without using green button. The Sunny 16 rule is a good place to start. And if the light doesnt change much, you can just leave those settings and snap away. And yes, you should always focus wide open for best precision, and stop down only to meter and expose.
Green button metering is definitely slower than full automation or Av mode with m42/fully manual K-mount, but you can still get a lot done without it.
Good luck with the Zenitar 16mm, I have been eyeing that lens for some time, as well
I totally agree. I also use the Sunny 16 Rule most of the time nowadays, even with my automatic exposure lenses. I find it more reliable. Took a while to "master" though.

---------- Post added 09-09-2015 at 07:17 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Yes, I rigged up an electronic trigger using a push button switch and a remote trigger cable. Works great with the K-5 !

Below are images of the stock's trigger mechanism as modified ... not hard to do at all. J
Hi Jean . I am thinking of getting the rifle stock for my Tair 3S 300mm, but I am not good with electrical or electronic conversion work. Can you tell me how to do it step-by-step (if you don't mind) and what electronic cable I need to buy. Thanks and regards.
09-09-2015, 07:24 AM   #2831
Pentaxian

Some recently acquired advice for anyone with a Kiev rangefinder: don't run cinema-stock that uses Bell-Howell perforations through it. The registration is off just enough that after several shots the teeth will no longer be lining up with the sprocket holes and the film will no longer advance. (Or, if you do, keep the strips short; I believe about 8-10 frames was how far I got.)

Kiev-4A.
Helios-103.
Expired Eastman Double-X, showing significant fogging at times. (Along with scratches, though those are probably my fault.)

Last edited by g026r; 09-09-2015 at 07:42 AM.
09-09-2015, 07:35 AM   #2832
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by el baroda Quote
... ... Hi Jean . I am thinking of getting the rifle stock for my Tair 3S 300mm, but I am not good with electrical or electronic conversion work. Can you tell me how to do it step-by-step (if you don't mind) and what electronic cable I need to buy. Thanks and regards.
Salut,

Sorry, but I just saw your post. Let me find a moment to think of what to write. But the first thing that you will need is a Canon remote trigger that works as well on Pentax. I used a simple push button trigger and soldered it to the cut remote cable. It's not easy to explain, so maybe I should make some images, etc ... J
09-09-2015, 11:34 AM   #2833
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Salut,

Sorry, but I just saw your post. Let me find a moment to think of what to write. But the first thing that you will need is a Canon remote trigger that works as well on Pentax. I used a simple push button trigger and soldered it to the cut remote cable. It's not easy to explain, so maybe I should make some images, etc ... J
Thank you very much. I really hope I am not causing you much trouble. Kind regards.
09-10-2015, 05:08 AM   #2834
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by el baroda Quote
Hi. I have just bought a Tair 3S 300mm lens from Russia and a genuine Pentax M42 to PK adaptor from the US. They should arrive here in Sydney by end of this month. I will be using the lens on my Pentax K7 and K5. Has anyone had a any experience - good or bad - with this set up? I have not had time to read through this thread, so if this had been discussed before, kindly point me in the right direction. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
I posted my review of this lens yesterday. Please check it out, if interested. Thank you.
09-10-2015, 03:12 PM   #2835
Veteran Member

F8 4 vertical images.
F8. 3 vertical images.

Two panoramic images of cruise ships. I did not have any wider lens than Helios 44K-4 with me, so I had to make several shots, to later stitch them, because the ships were too big for that shooting distance. Click on the previews to see the photos in full size.