Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3394 Likes Search this Thread
12-18-2018, 03:47 PM   #3706
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fiveseven Quote
Recently got this lens.
Uran 10 2.5/100 (medium format or so, used or made for Soviet aircraft, not sure if for photography or gun camera).
Been playing with it on Sony A7S, has a lot of character and very sharp wide open. I might post a few photos when I get some good ones.
It performs on a Pentax sensor even better (color wise), especially the old CCD ones.

Some Soviet lenses on cameras.
That Iran 10 looks like a really nice piece of glass, could you say how exactly you mounted it to the K200D.

12-18-2018, 09:20 PM - 1 Like   #3707
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Merry Christmas.

K-1, Industar 61LZ 50mm f2.8 set at about f5.6 for the start shaped bokeh.
Sure has a beautiful 3D effect. Wondering if the 61LZ is medium format?
12-19-2018, 02:22 AM   #3708
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PenPusher Quote
That Iran 10 looks like a really nice piece of glass, could you say how exactly you mounted it to the K200D.
It seems that the spell checker has different ideas to me, of course I am referring to the Uran and not to an Iran, they can be too helpful sometimes.
12-19-2018, 08:16 AM - 1 Like   #3709
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Sure has a beautiful 3D effect.
Thank you Ivan!

Wondering if the 61LZ is medium format?
Nope.

It is a Russian 35mm film camera lens, in M42 mount. They are actually quite small. I have to use a piece of foil to short two of the contacts on my camera to get the metering to work right.

12-20-2018, 11:16 AM   #3710
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Arsat 30m fisheye

My copy of the Arsat 30mm f 3.5 fisheye, the single-coated version, was built in Ukraine, USSR, so I think this lens qualifies for the Soviet lens club. The later multi-coated and thus improved version of the lens was built in the same plant in Kiev, Ukraine, but would not qualify because the Soviet empire no longer existed.
I like this lens as a wide angle alternative because its fisheye effect is not extreme, and can be dealt with fairly easily when the effect is undesirable, so this is not just a "one-trick" lens but also a credible and very affordable medium format wide angle option. It is therefore an alternative to the more expensive Pentax 67 35mm f 4.5 fisheye. The Arsat offers excellent image quality, with sharpness all the way out to the edges, and offers a one-stop advantage over the Pentax 67 fisheye.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645Z  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645Z  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645Z  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645Z  Photo 
12-22-2018, 01:12 AM   #3711
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
My copy of the Arsat 30mm f 3.5 fisheye, the single-coated version, was built in Ukraine, USSR, so I think this lens qualifies for the Soviet lens club. The later multi-coated and thus improved version of the lens was built in the same plant in Kiev, Ukraine, but would not qualify because the Soviet empire no longer existed.
I had the same lens, in Pentacon Six mount, but it was built in Russia, and had another name, possibly Zenitar, IIRC.
I am almost sure it did have MC.
I bought it new, used it very little with the Pentacon Six, and when I sold the camera I kept it for a while with the crazy idea to turn it into a shift lens for a Pentax digital.
The idea was baseless, even more so because there were only APS-C cameras at the time.
However I decided to try, bought a shift adapter from an Arsenal vendor on eBay, but found that the distortion was not so easy to correct with the software tools of the time. So I sold the lens and kept the adapter, that I still have.
A CZJ Flektogon would have been a better candidate, but I didn't have one anymore, and 50mm is not the ideal focal for a shift-lens (a little more useful for tabletop use if mounted on a tilt/tilt-shift adapter).
I still have the brand new Arsenal adapter in Pentacon Six to PK mount. With a little adapter ring it can also be used with Hasselblad 1000/Salut mount lenses (which are usually cheaper than Pentacon Six ones). I deeply regret I didn't buy the tilt version. There is a Mir 45mm lens that would work great on my K-1 for still life use.
You have the privilege of using these lenses on the 645, which is the best use you can make of them.

A side note.
I just found that Arsenal makes/made tilt/shift/tilt-shift lenses that actually use the optical kernel of wide angles originally developed for 6x6.
They work okey, stopped down, even on the Pentacon Six/Exacta 66, which means that their real circle of coverage is much bigger than what I thought!
The same lenses should work great on the much smaller sensor of the Pentax 645, but I have no idea if shifting/tilting adapters for such cameras have been made, or if they are at all possible, given the register.
The tilt-shift lenses made by Arsenal are mechanical marvels, though the price is not cheap at all, unless you find a good deal second-hand.
12-22-2018, 01:04 PM   #3712
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Response

QuoteOriginally posted by cyberjunkie Quote
I had the same lens, in Pentacon Six mount, but it was built in Russia, and had another name, possibly Zenitar, IIRC.
I am almost sure it did have MC.
I bought it new, used it very little with the Pentacon Six, and when I sold the camera I kept it for a while with the crazy idea to turn it into a shift lens for a Pentax digital.
The idea was baseless, even more so because there were only APS-C cameras at the time.
However I decided to try, bought a shift adapter from an Arsenal vendor on eBay, but found that the distortion was not so easy to correct with the software tools of the time. So I sold the lens and kept the adapter, that I still have.
A CZJ Flektogon would have been a better candidate, but I didn't have one anymore, and 50mm is not the ideal focal for a shift-lens (a little more useful for tabletop use if mounted on a tilt/tilt-shift adapter).
I still have the brand new Arsenal adapter in Pentacon Six to PK mount. With a little adapter ring it can also be used with Hasselblad 1000/Salut mount lenses (which are usually cheaper than Pentacon Six ones). I deeply regret I didn't buy the tilt version. There is a Mir 45mm lens that would work great on my K-1 for still life use.
You have the privilege of using these lenses on the 645, which is the best use you can make of them.

A side note.
I just found that Arsenal makes/made tilt/shift/tilt-shift lenses that actually use the optical kernel of wide angles originally developed for 6x6.
They work okey, stopped down, even on the Pentacon Six/Exacta 66, which means that their real circle of coverage is much bigger than what I thought!
The same lenses should work great on the much smaller sensor of the Pentax 645, but I have no idea if shifting/tilting adapters for such cameras have been made, or if they are at all possible, given the register.
The tilt-shift lenses made by Arsenal are mechanical marvels, though the price is not cheap at all, unless you find a good deal second-hand.
Your comments, as always, are highly informed and useful, and make me realize how much more there is to learn about photography and equipment. I regret to say that I have never yet used a shift/tilt lens, and cannot appreciate the benefits they offer. I need to read up on these while I await my multiple coated Arsat 30k.

12-24-2018, 11:31 AM - 5 Likes   #3713
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Merry Christmas from Racer to everyone at PentaxForums!

K-1, Industar 61LZ
12-26-2018, 05:23 AM   #3714

Merry christmas everyone !

I was just wondering, has anyone here already crossed a Zenitar-K-4 or a Mir 20K ? Apparentely they exists, but personnally I've never saw them anywhere....

And, Tell me, which medium format soviet lenses do you guys have ? Personnally I have a Kaleinar 3B (Б in cyrillic, this mount is symmetrical to the pentacon 6 mount.) and the Volna 3B (Б). They're pretty awesome.
12-26-2018, 10:56 AM - 7 Likes   #3715
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

birch mushroom Helios 44M4 by f/2.8
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
12-29-2018, 01:52 AM - 1 Like   #3716

QuoteOriginally posted by RedTurian Quote
Merry christmas everyone !

I was just wondering, has anyone here already crossed a Zenitar-K-4 or a Mir 20K ? Apparentely they exists, but personnally I've never saw them anywhere....

And, Tell me, which medium format soviet lenses do you guys have ? Personnally I have a Kaleinar 3B (Б in cyrillic, this mount is symmetrical to the pentacon 6 mount.) and the Volna 3B (Б). They're pretty awesome.
I don't have any Soviet ones but I do have a couple from the DDR that I use on my 645 with an adaptor. They're both Carl Zeiss Jena's - one being the 80mm F2.8 Biometar and the other a 50mm F4 Flektogon. The Flektogon is a nice lens but I think I'm going to have to strip and service it as it's not been used for many years and in that time the focus ring has stuck.

This was shot using the Biometar on Delta 400:

I've recently bought some 120 film so am intending to give the 645 some use again for the first time in years!
12-29-2018, 05:18 AM   #3717
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by niblue Quote
I don't have any Soviet ones but I do have a couple from the DDR that I use on my 645 with an adaptor. They're both Carl Zeiss Jena's - one being the 80mm F2.8 Biometar and the other a 50mm F4 Flektogon. The Flektogon is a nice lens but I think I'm going to have to strip and service it as it's not been used for many years and in that time the focus ring has stuck.

This was shot using the Biometar on Delta 400:

I've recently bought some 120 film so am intending to give the 645 some use again for the first time in years!
I like the 80mm Biometar as well, and also the 120. Both are great lenses. I also have the CZJ Sonnar 180mm, which is one of the world's great lenses, no doubt, but heavy and cumbersome to use.
12-30-2018, 04:08 PM   #3718
Pentaxian

My most impressive MF lens is a Jupiter-36b 3.5/200. Pretty unweildy, even on the Kiev 6C.
01-01-2019, 03:00 PM   #3719
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PenPusher Quote
I bought it with self made helicoid with M42 mount.
Added hood since.
02-01-2019, 02:57 PM - 2 Likes   #3720
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another from the archives - taken in 2014 with a Zenitar 16/2.8 FE on *ist D: