Photos: Gallery

Pentax K20D
S-M-C Takumar 35/2

Pentax K20D
SMC Takumar 55/1.8

11-14-2009, 06:24 PM   #2899
Inactive Account

Hoping to join your Takumar group

I stumbled across this group by accident, researching some M42 lenses. I was immediately entranced by all of the beautiful photos you have all been posting for almost 200 pages now.

Unfortunately, many other photos that had been posted are no longer available to view, and I'm sorry that I missed them!

I'm a Canon user (just a little Xsi), and recently ordered a couple of Takumar lenses that I'm looking forward to trying out. I currently have one M42 lens, a Cark Zeiss Jena Sonnar 135mm 3.5, which I only recently received, but which I've been very pleased with so far.

I initially became interested in it because of the price, though I knew nothing about manual focus lenses. I'm on a tight budget and couldn't believe there were 'any' lenses for a DSLR that were less than $100.

Then I found this thread, and reading through developed a real appreciation for the Takumars that you all use. And I was blown away by the quality of these lenses and how inexpensive they are compared to newer lenses. So I had to make a couple of purchases of my own.

I saw the 'He-man Woman Hater's Club' pic when I was going through the pages, lol, and as far as I have discerned there is only one woman here so far, but I hope you have room for another.

To make a short story long, I hope to join in once I get my lenses. I'm new to photography, and newer still to manual focus photography, but I have been truly inspired by your group!

Cathy

11-14-2009, 06:54 PM   #2900
Veteran Member

Hi Cathy
welcome to the club even though you dont have a Pentax I dont think we will hold that agasint you. I always am amazed by the look of the pictures you get with these 30+ years old lens. I know that this is one of the things that attracted me to Pentax in the first place is that you can use lens that range from the very first lens for Pentax all the way up to the newest.
11-14-2009, 07:32 PM   #2901
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by heartcat Quote
I stumbled across this group by accident, researching some M42 lenses. I was immediately entranced by all of the beautiful photos you have all been posting for almost 200 pages now.

Unfortunately, many other photos that had been posted are no longer available to view, and I'm sorry that I missed them!

I'm a Canon user (just a little Xsi), and recently ordered a couple of Takumar lenses that I'm looking forward to trying out. I currently have one M42 lens, a Cark Zeiss Jena Sonnar 135mm 3.5, which I only recently received, but which I've been very pleased with so far.

I initially became interested in it because of the price, though I knew nothing about manual focus lenses. I'm on a tight budget and couldn't believe there were 'any' lenses for a DSLR that were less than $100.

Then I found this thread, and reading through developed a real appreciation for the Takumars that you all use. And I was blown away by the quality of these lenses and how inexpensive they are compared to newer lenses. So I had to make a couple of purchases of my own.

I saw the 'He-man Woman Hater's Club' pic when I was going through the pages, lol, and as far as I have discerned there is only one woman here so far, but I hope you have room for another.

To make a short story long, I hope to join in once I get my lenses. I'm new to photography, and newer still to manual focus photography, but I have been truly inspired by your group!

Cathy
YAY!!! Girl power!! Looking forward to seeing your shots!
11-14-2009, 07:59 PM   #2902
Veteran Member

We're very happy to have you with us, Cathy. This is probably the friendliest corner of one of the friendliest photo-related forums on the net. We're too busy giggling over getting great photos from lenses that cost us pocket change to be grumpy or uptight. Please don't be bashful; just jump right in posting and asking any questions you may have.

Pentax K20D
SMC Takumar 55/1.8

11-15-2009, 04:56 AM   #2903
Forum Member

Location: Bergkamen in the nearest of Dortmund eastside of the Ruhr Area
Hello Cathy,

also from me, welcome in the Tak-Club.

BW

M;chele
11-15-2009, 04:57 AM   #2904
Veteran Member

Both
Pentax K20D
S-M-C Takumar 35/2

11-15-2009, 08:07 PM   #2905
Forum Member

Been loving my 50 1.4 since I got it:

11-15-2009, 08:13 PM - 1 Like   #2906
Veteran Member

SMC Takumar 200/4

11-16-2009, 01:03 AM   #2907
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
Hi Cathy
welcome to the club even though you dont have a Pentax I dont think we will hold that agasint you. I always am amazed by the look of the pictures you get with these 30+ years old lens. I know that this is one of the things that attracted me to Pentax in the first place is that you can use lens that range from the very first lens for Pentax all the way up to the newest.
I keep returning to this forum-thread because of the genuine friendliness.
Anyone thought of creating a Takumar forum?
Ok, maybe not a good idea. Too much publicity could skyrocket the prices.
In my current location one 50 SMC is priced arr. 100-150 Euros.
11-16-2009, 03:33 AM   #2908
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by octavmandru Quote
Ok, maybe not a good idea. Too much publicity could skyrocket the prices.
In my current location one 50 SMC is priced arr. 100-150 Euros.
I can't understand why Takumar prices should ever go up. After all, they're old, use an obsolete mount, and they're useless for any sort of situation where people are moving because you have to manually focus them and stop them down.

Pentax K20D
S-M-C Takumar 35/2

(For the sarcasm-impaired.....I can't understand why they ever stopped making them).
11-16-2009, 01:16 PM   #2909
Inactive Account

Thank you

Thank you for the warm welcomes. I look forward to posting photos (if I can figure out how to do that) once I get my new Takumars.

Logic14, great cat photos. I love the second one especially. The lighting is beautiful (as is the cat...gorgeous eyes!), the focus is spot on and the dof is perfect.

Darrenleow that is an interesting bit of sculpture in that photo. I really like the out of focus birds in the background. I think they are in wonderful juxtaposition...something living/mortal/fleeting...to the solid timelessness of the man-made piece that should outlive us all.

Mike, you must have had a wonderful seat for that performance! Those photos showcase the dimensionality of the Takumar lenses that I have come to admire throughout the thread.

I think it's wonderful that there are people from all over the world who post here. It's so interesting to see the different kinds of landscapes and flora in other countries. And it brings home how what might be 'everyday' and mundane to one person is exotic and unique to another.

I am very new to photography. I've only had my camera for a year and a half and it's only been in the last few months that I've even taken if out of automatic mode. Just looking at the photos of others and trying to discern what makes a photo pleasing, gives me something to aim for in my own photos.
11-16-2009, 03:14 PM   #2910
Veteran Member

I haven't posted in a while.

This is with a Super Takumar 150/4 @ f8 with 12mm of extension tubes and AF280T held off camera.

I originally tried to use my Super Tak 105/2.8 (+12mm) but the results weren't too good. I think the results from the 150/4 are quite good, even though it is a compact, relatively slow lens.

Richard