Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2011, 05:59 AM   #6646
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ducdao Quote
What a steal! You'll love it. Your lens seems to suffer the yellowing issue, a sun bath for the lens could be useful.
Yeah, doesn't show up very well when looking at it, but it definitely shows in pictures. I'll leave it in the window for about a week if I can keep my hands off of it. I've heard using a blacklight works well too, which could be better because the window I have it in isn't exactly optimal for sunlight.

Last edited by elliott; 01-16-2011 at 06:11 AM.
01-16-2011, 09:02 AM   #6647
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Porga Quote
Punk is not dead.

Pentax k-x
SMC Takumar 50/1.4
extension tube
Porga, I like the shot--what have you done to give it the bluish tint?
01-16-2011, 09:17 AM   #6648
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some beautiful shots this past week! And I've been lacking in my attention and attendance here:

I've been doing work with someone who contacted me via Craig's List--starting up a fine dining magazine. (I'm the creative director/graphic artist putting the whole thing together.)

The best part is, I'm working with all of these great food images that were supplied by PR firms and professional photogs, so I'll eventually meet some of these guys and learn how to shoot that stuff.
01-16-2011, 09:21 AM   #6649
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by elliott Quote
Yeah, doesn't show up very well when looking at it, but it definitely shows in pictures. I'll leave it in the window for about a week if I can keep my hands off of it. I've heard using a blacklight works well too, which could be better because the window I have it in isn't exactly optimal for sunlight.
Has it warmed up there by you yet? If so, stick it on the dashboard or near the rear window of your car. Also, put foil around the mount end, and point the front of the lens into the sun. Mine isn't too yellowed, so I left it alone.

By the way:

Congratulations on the bargain of the century. That 50 is my favorite lens of all.

01-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #6650
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
Some beautiful shots this past week! And I've been lacking in my attention and attendance here:

I've been doing work with someone who contacted me via Craig's List--starting up a fine dining magazine. (I'm the creative director/graphic artist putting the whole thing together.)

The best part is, I'm working with all of these great food images that were supplied by PR firms and professional photogs, so I'll eventually meet some of these guys and learn how to shoot that stuff.
Sounds both interesting and a bit challenging too ! Gook luck with this !

Eric
01-16-2011, 12:10 PM   #6651

Photos: Gallery
Good luck with the job Ira.

One from today:
01-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #6652
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pdophoto Quote
Apparently not, but this one is very beautiful. Sharp as always.
Never seen this type of ice crystals except on photos.
Thank you.
Heavy fog at the beginning of the night, and then sudden drop of temperature at the night/dawn get you that kind of cristals. Relatively common here, when it gets cold, lot of water (rivers)around.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
Porga, I like the shot--what have you done to give it the bluish tint?
Thank you, Jewelltrail.
Actualy, there is not that much PP in that photo. I reduced the temperature (WB) to get the colder shot, desaturated a bit, and increased the blue colour. Some post crop vignete, and that is it. all my PP is basically hit and miss process. I do something with slider in Lightroom, then see what will happend.
01-16-2011, 01:03 PM   #6653

Hi every one. I just finish reading everything in the club except year 2009.
Found a really great quantity of very good photos made by great photographer.
So, you are all guilty of giving me the bug for this kind of photography and I hope that my case of LBA is not to severe. I am waiting for my Super Tak 105/2.8 which I hope the mailwoman will deliver soon.

QuoteQuote:
Porga: Thank you.
Heavy fog at the beginning of the night, and then sudden drop of temperature at the night/dawn get you that kind of cristals. Relatively common here, when it gets cold, lot of water (rivers)around.
Thanks for the info

Pentax K200D
Super Takumar 55/1.8

01-16-2011, 01:10 PM   #6654
Inactive Account

Has it warmed up there by you yet? If so, stick it on the dashboard or near the rear window of your car. Also, put foil around the mount end, and point the front of the lens into the sun. Mine isn't too yellowed, so I left it alone.
It is still too cold and wet to do that, I have problems with condensation on the inside of my windshield, so I don't think it would be a good idea to put the lens in there. I picked up a 15 watt T8 18" bulb and put it in an old aquarium fixture, made a box around it lined in foil and put a mirror in front of the lens.

There is a noticeable shutter speed difference between my M 1.4 and my Takumar, so I think it needs to be cleared up, no point having a f1.4 if my f2 gets the same shutter speed.
01-16-2011, 03:37 PM   #6655
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SMC Takumar 55mm F1.8
01-16-2011, 05:51 PM   #6656
Inactive Account

Hope this works, I'm itching to see how this stacks up against my M, wouldn't be fair to test a yellowed Tak vs a perfect M.

01-16-2011, 06:40 PM   #6657
Ira
Inactive Account

It is still too cold and wet to do that, I have problems with condensation on the inside of my windshield, so I don't think it would be a good idea to put the lens in there. I picked up a 15 watt T8 18" bulb and put it in an old aquarium fixture, made a box around it lined in foil and put a mirror in front of the lens.

There is a noticeable shutter speed difference between my M 1.4 and my Takumar, so I think it needs to be cleared up, no point having a f1.4 if my f2 gets the same shutter speed.
Are you shooting in Av mode? If so, that's where the difference is:

On my K-x, all of my Taks way underexpose, so I only shoot in M with the button.
01-16-2011, 06:49 PM   #6658
Inactive Account

Are you shooting in Av mode? If so, that's where the difference is:

On my K-x, all of my Taks way underexpose, so I only shoot in M with the button.
Done in manual, used the same settings and checked the histogram, I can't remember if it was half a stop or a full stop difference.
01-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #6659
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by erkie Quote
Sounds both interesting and a bit challenging too ! Gook luck with this !

Eric
QuoteOriginally posted by stash Quote
Good luck with the job Ira.

One from today:
Done in manual, used the same settings and checked the histogram, I can't remember if it was half a stop or a full stop difference.
Thanks for the good wishes, guys.

And I never heard of the yellowing having that much of an effect, but it makes sense and I just don't know.
01-17-2011, 03:26 AM   #6660
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pdophoto Quote
Hi every one. I just finish reading everything in the club except year 2009.
You're a better man than I, Gunga Din.

Welcome to our happy little corner of the internet.

Pentax K20D
Takumar 105/2.8 (Preset)