Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #6721
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have to shoot my entry for this month's contest, Orange, and I'm going to use the 35 2. I'm dying to do it, but I have to wait until it's dark.

Without revealing the subject, a martini glass is involved, and I want to get real close and get the highest DOF I can. Rio suggested the widest lens I have, and my 35 is my widest TAK.

Maybe for a goof, I'll do some shots with the kit lens too, but probably not:

Like Mike, it breaks my hurt to remove that adapter.

01-22-2011, 10:37 AM   #6722
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
Mike Cash: I picked up a K-5 today, by the way. Now I have to get used to the controls on the thing. On very short acquaintance it looks like thanks to the high ISO performance I should be able to get from three to four more stops out of it than I have from the K20D, which since I shoot all day long should add quite a bit of time onto the early morning and early evening for me. I'm eager to get to work again and see just how much it expands my shooting hours....which is really what I bought it for.
Mike, I will be carefully watching your posts now, because I am considering the K5. Don't get me wrong, I love my K20d, but 3 or 4 more stops is absurdly wonderful.

Not only that, but the Dynamic range increase is amazing too. You are very mindful when spending money, so I have to believe the camera is all most people say it is. This all bodes well for my purchase.

I'll just sit back and scrutinize your before and after shots for a while.
01-22-2011, 10:54 AM   #6723
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
All you have to do now is change your schedule and start working the NIGHT shift.

Those pretty girls on the street won't stand a chance!
I'd have to wholeheartedly agree

Have you welded in the m42 adapter yet ?

Eric
01-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #6724
Veteran Member

This is an older photo -- apologies if I've posted it here before, but I don't believe I have:

Super Takumar 50/1.4

My sister's roommate's cat, Timmy. A wise and affectionate creature, and pretty much the only cat I've not been allergic to.

01-22-2011, 04:33 PM   #6725
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
All you have to do now is change your schedule and start working the NIGHT shift.

Those pretty girls on the street won't stand a chance!
I already work all day and all night, Ira. I don't have set working hours. I am usually expected to be at work by 3 or 3:30 in the morning, but what time I get done is whatever time I get done. A typical workday is 14~16 hours, six days a week.

QuoteOriginally posted by erkie Quote
I'd have to wholeheartedly agree

Have you welded in the m42 adapter yet ?

Eric
Didn't you read the K-5 threads where we were informed that the K-5 sensor has made all glass prior to and other than the DA* series lenses completely useless? You can't use Takumars on one of these things!
01-22-2011, 06:06 PM   #6726

Winter

Winter as seen from the warmth of my living room.
20șC, wind 30Km/h, wind chill ±30șC.

Takumar 35/3.5 @ f8 I think.

Mike congratulation for your new weapon. This is a dangerous weapon so try not to injure the girls while shouting them. LOL
01-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #6727
Inactive Account

Super-Tak 50 1.4...

a Real Artist Painter, 79 and counting, Paul Mintz...

Mixed Media Artist, Matt Muirhead...

01-22-2011, 06:54 PM   #6728

QuoteQuote:
QuoteOriginally posted by theunartist Quote
Super-Tak 50 1.4...

a Real Artist Painter, 79 and counting, Paul Mintz...
QuoteOriginally posted by theunartist Quote
Mixed Media Artist, Matt Muirhead...
Great catch, thanks for sharing
01-22-2011, 07:05 PM   #6729

QuoteOriginally posted by v5planet Quote
My sister's roommate's cat, Timmy. A wise and affectionate creature, and pretty much the only cat I've not been allergic to.
Beautifull, sharp, the way I like a photo.
01-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #6730
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
I already work all day and all night, Ira. I don't have set working hours. I am usually expected to be at work by 3 or 3:30 in the morning, but what time I get done is whatever time I get done. A typical workday is 14~16 hours, six days a week.

Didn't you read the K-5 threads where we were informed that the K-5 sensor has made all glass prior to and other than the DA* series lenses completely useless? You can't use Takumars on one of these things!
Well why the hell would I want to buy it then ?

Congratulations on the purchase by the way. I do love my Kx and the K5 is light years ahead of it.

Really looking forward to some of those lowly tak images on the new sensor. I do admit that I admire the images that the da 40 produces but outside of that I have no real admiration for the newer lenses.

Eric
01-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #6731
Veteran Member

All with the super-tak 50/1.4

01-22-2011, 09:44 PM   #6732
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Mike Cash: Didn't you read the K-5 threads where we were informed that the K-5 sensor has made all glass prior to and other than the DA* series lenses completely useless? You can't use Takumars on one of these things!
Whoa..................you can't be serious mate--can you??? Can you be more precise about what you are getting at here--tx.

JT

QuoteQuote:
Erkie: Really looking forward to some of those lowly tak images on the new sensor. I do admit that I admire the images that the da 40 produces but outside of that I have no real admiration for the newer lenses.

Eric
Agreed!
01-22-2011, 09:54 PM   #6733
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jaieger Quote
All with the super-tak 50/1.4
Very nice! I like the third image, especially.
01-22-2011, 11:24 PM   #6734
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by v5planet Quote
Very nice! I like the third image, especially.
+1

Did you use a lens hood or are the edges done in post? I really like these !

Eric
01-23-2011, 02:21 AM   #6735
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
Whoa..................you can't be serious mate--can you??? Can you be more precise about what you are getting at here--tx.
You mean you didn't get the memo? It has been discussed in several threads and some people are firmly of the opinion that the K-5 is so stellar that you just can't use old glass on them. Being the contrary s.o.b. that I am, I naturally slapped my oldest Takumar on...a late 1950s kit lens and went out today.

Pentax K-5
Auto-Takumar 55/2

It is a crying shame that this advance in technology has made our beloved Takumars obsolete like this. (I screwed up the exposure when I shot it and this shot received a +2EV adjustment in Lightroom. I never got such a clean boost from the K20D and usually dared not go above +0.7.....maybe +1 in a pinch.

I'm glad I'm not smart enough to understand all that technical mumbo-jumbo that gets tossed around by the pixel-peepers. I might actually get hoodwinked by it if I were.

Focusing with the stock screen was annoying, but I received confirmation today that my Katz-Eye is ready and I hope to have it by next weekend at the latest (3-6 days shipping to Japan by USPS).